Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CCK works with new iPhones (5s and 5c)?!?!

I posted this over at the loopy forum but figured you guys would be interested too. iPhone 5s and 5c are listed under the compatibility section for the lightning to USB camera adaptor!

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Comments

• Holy what?

• Yeah, if this isn't a mistake or some sick practical joke from Apple, then this changes everything. CCK compatibility is the only real reason I bought an iPad in the first place.

• This is really nice. I don't see why the iPhone was ever excluded though.

• hi there

i found this:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?197120-Traktor-1-2-and-iOS-7-add-two-major-features

the guy says: "I tested the latest beta 2 of iOS 7 and tried using my camera connection kit to connect my Griffin iMic audio card with my iPhone 5. Unlike in the earlier versions, the sound card was recognized by iOS..."

so it means it works! (and not only with iphone 5S/5C, but also with older versions!)

keeping in mind that my main ios device is an iphone (i never had an ipad), these are so great news for me. i don't know who guy decided this in apple company, but we should invite him to a beer.

• edited September 2013

can confirm that it works with my iphone 4s with a 30pin camera adaptor. plugged my nanopad2 into the usb end of it and loaded up garage band and it worked just like on my ipad mini.

edit: forgot to say i put my iphone on ios7 gm last tuesday.

• Nice to hear that it also works on older iPhones.

• Time to check eBay for a 4s!

• or an older ipod touch. A good interface + Audiobus with JamUp->Aufx delay->aufx reverb = quite the guitar multi-effect pedal at a very competitive price. Plus, you know, pr0n.

• My iPhone 4S already works in iOS6 with my Apogee Jam without a CCK. Just plug Jam cable into 30 pin port

@syrupcore I use my phone as my guitar rig now with Jamup, AB and whatever effects, way cool!!

I can't get MIDI to work in iOS 6 with CCK on this phone hopefully that will be fixed in iOS7

• Only the 5th gen iPod touch will get iOS 7 and official CCK support...

• @yowza, yes audio interfaces that are "made for iPhone" have always worked, but the exciting news is that any class compliant interface should work in iOS 7.

• edited September 2013

@ Hmtx Gotcha

Is everyone here only talking about audio over CCK in iOS7?

Is MIDI supposed to work over CCK in iOS7 ? Thanks!

• wow, didn't realize ipod 4th gen was getting the shaft. Seems silly.

• Yowza, I'm guessing 1 audio device + any number of MIDI USB devices all thru a USB hub and the CCK or lightning adapter.

just like on the iPad :-)

• Wow! This sounds too good to be true! Someone must have heard our prayers...