Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Advice for developers

13»

Comments

• edited July 2017

The refund thing is by order of the EU, not Apple.

Think it's probably important to remember, even while they tout the money developers have made during press conferences (etc) and even though they take 30%, Apple is still a hardware company; it's in their best interest for apps to be as powerful and as cheap as possible. Apps sell devices. The proverbial "Pro" App Store model where prices are reasonable (for developers putting in the work) is anathema to their current business model. Apps are best as commodities because it makes their hardware more valuable.

• edited July 2017

Note how they basically give away a very nice suite of Apple apps (in addition to the apps one might expect on a mobile device): Pages, Numbers, Keynote, GarageBand.... and they also knocked the price of Logic down to $200 and have made iCloud storage dirt cheap... commoditizing the things (software) that enhance the value of the things on which they actually make money (hardware).

• @syrupcore said:
    The refund thing is by order of the EU, not Apple.

didn't know that... wtf. Another proof that this regulation monster is a big fail.
    Currency change was the rip of the century. Sorry for rant.

I share most of your ideas above and know that we're just lucky to participate from IOS developement, though in a completely different domain.
    Question is if 'our' niche would allow an unofficial pro section by silent agreement about some basics.
    It's common sense that such apps aren't targeted at a huge audience.
    But if time is money, or if it's simply a rare good for the person some might shell out a bit more than 10 bucks.

My $800 (15 regular copies of Auria Pro) mentioned went into something that I only use to cut/edit/arrange audio snippets.
    I've done 15 minute projects that would take hours in Auria... in other words: they wouldn't have happened at all, for me throwing the towel after 1 hour at latest.
    But the real bummer would have been the loss of fun and inspiration on the way.
    So I never regretted the high price. This tool (SawStudio) is effortless (for me) to use.
    (and it exists for > 20 years, obviously a couple of idiots still buy it each month) ;)

• Funny, @Telefunky: to me it's the exact opposite: everything, from personal projects to studio work, is done with Auria, except 1) when I'm doing orchestrated soundtracks for TV/video, because I need Kontakt and Vienna and 2) when I really need Melodyne/Flex Pitch (some folks just can't sing and for these cases MU Retune is not enough). Horses for courses, I reckon...

• I’m sure we all know quite a few “Pro” producers - I would not still feel comfortable pushing iOS to that environment because the current DAWs are just still too compromised compared to the creative flexibility on the desktop.

• Yeah, iOS is the bottleneck. The lack of a proper file system, mainly.

• Also all the apps not playing nicely together. We put up with it, but it’s still quite ridiculous