Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

just received the iConnectMIDI2!

dj8dj8
edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

I haven't posted in quite a while... I just received this...ordered it from MusiciansFriend... wanted to share the news (and excitement...)

http://iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus

It's very cool. So far, it's working great! I've only used it with my iPad2 and Logic 9 on my Macbook. I've recorded audio into Logic using Figure and Thor. Sounds great and speeds up my process XXXX times!

I want to do everything in the iPad, but I find I spend too much time trying to get everything to work. I'm going to concentrate on using the iPad as the awesome touchscreen tool it is as a plug-in to Logic and Reason (when I upgrade). I don't think this takes away from AudioBus. I can use AB to continue doing all of the cross app madness before and during sending audio to the computer.

One complaint so far, recorded tracks from the iPad into Logic are aligning too early!? They not getting latency, but are aligning too early in the timeline. Can anyone help with this?

Ok, I'll stop going on and on re: all this :-)

Comments

• Awesome... waiting for the 4+ here so I can use 2 iOS devices together as well!

• @dj8 Is your Ipad being charged while your using the IConnectMIDI2 ?

• @Multitouch, you have to purchase the adapter separately to charge while using the iConnectMIDI2. I didn't get the adapter yet, but I'm going to pick it up soon.

I've been wasting time trying to fix the alignment problem I mentioned above. I thought it might have to do with the sample rate, but I've tried different sample rates and it doesn't seem to affect the problem. I put in a tech support ticket with iConnect...

@busker, I wanted to wait and get the 4+, but my wallet said otherwise. It's cool that the 2+ can be daisychained together. I may do that down the line.

• I fixed the alignment problem... If anyone else runs into this... You can go into Logic Audio Preferences and adjust the Recording Delay (0 samples works great on my setup).

• @dj8 Yeah, I'm currently fighting the urge to get a 2+ :)

Thanks for the info.

• Just got this and it works a treat for using the ipad as a synth module controlled via ableton live. Recording the midi from isem and then the audio into ableton and using abletons fx...very cool.

It kind of highlights what's missing for me with my current ios setup in terms of a complete ipad studio....

Auria - midi sequencer
    Cubasis - automation / decent fx
    BM2 - IAA fx (most complete solution IMHO)
    Nanostudio - audio tracks

I dusted down touchAble on my ipad and did a live jam in ableton which I haven't done since Audiobus landed. Would love something like this on ios eg: abletons clip launch sequencing and auto time stretching loops/audio....

@dj8 In ableton I just apply delay to the midi track around -60 to allign everything.....

A great option until ios matures its solutions further....also great to make patches whilst on sofa with isem etc and then use them in the ableton setup.

• @DaveMagoo, guess different delay for different desktop apps is to be expected?

Glad you're digging the unit. Did you get the adapter? I can't find it anywhere but through the manufacturer site. Costs $50US after shipping from Canada. Ouch!

• edited November 2013

i got the adapter for 25€ including shipping.

But i got a problem. When i send audio into the ipad and back to a daw the sound gets distorted and i have to reset the ic2+. Unplugging the ic2+ from the ipad4 also makes the ipad reboot sometimes.
    Techsupport thinks it has to do with different samplerates. I tried all different settings on both ends with different pcs and macs. I just guess i got a faulty unit.

• @dj8 no am in the same boat as you in terms of the adaptor

@dreamrobe do you have the latest firmware on the iconnect ?

• @davemagoo sure, 1.0.3. is it working for you for longer than several minutes?

• edited November 2013

Yes it's working fine I have it setup like this....

Ipad 4 to unit via lightning to 30 pin adapter, unit to laptop via USB, Ableton live 8 audio in using Asio4all app and midi in via standard setup. I have midi keyboard controlling all via USB to laptop. Works fine after a little trial and error with the latency etc...

Asio4all is key for PC I think.

• Yes using asio4all 2.11 b2 here as well. Using with onboard audio at 44,1k & 48k, with a Saffire pro 24 also at 96k although i think some apps like Turnado only support up to 44,1 or 48k.
    Anyway thanks for confirming that it works for you and that i simply have a faulty unit.
    Gonna send mine in and try another ic2+. I did way too many tests with this already spending around 2 days total with getting this work.

• @dj8 - The iPad as a touch screen plugin into Logic is also my preferred way of working. When I am in the flow and cannot wait faffing around, I just send all my iPad audio into Logic. I just play it live. I dig the iPad but I also know that I have an awesome DAW in Logic so I do most of my stuff in there. The best of both worlds: iPad and your DAW.

• Gotta feel for @dreamrobe.want one of these,so will be keeping an eye on your posts.

• Good news.
    Enabling Drift-Correction (or Resample with older OS) for the ic2+ in the Audio-Midi Setup of Maverick does resolve the audio distortion problems.
    But this means that this only works with macs because asio4all does not have this resample function.