Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mr. Oizo

So, this is so weird. I heard of this guy's sample pack via the Splice Facebook page, loved the demo track for it (since I want to experiment with this more minimalistic sounding music), and snagged it. Splice said Mr. Oizo was around for years, and so I checked him out on Spotify, only to find out THIS IS THE GUY BEHIND THE FLAT ERIC LEVI ADS WITH THE "SAUSAGE DOG" (who I now learned is called Flat Eric)?!

Usually I like the experience of experimenting with non-commercial music over listening to it, but Mr. Oizo is great to listen to. I have no idea what genre to consider his music. Is it minimalistic techno/house? Anti-pop? Experimental EDM?

Comments

• I managed to get the Flat Rric toy, when it was Limited Edition(for the girlfriend the tome)

• Sorry for the terrible spelling.... it's late here on Cyprus.....

• Mr Oizo is great

• A buddy of mine and I had a thing for Flat Eric a while back. The commercial of him riding in the car jamming to the radio had us in hysterics for months. The tune Flat Beat is the song from the commercial. I ended up getting a Flat Eric puppet for a buddy to stick on his coat rack, as they do in the British version of The Office. He's still got it up there and I giggle at it regularly in remembrance.

• French House (is a genre itself)

• that Levi's ad was one of the best commercials ever B)

• My sister hooked me up with a flat Eric puppet, which I borrowed to a skateboard filmer and it eventually made a guest appearance in Eric Koston's Menikmati part:

• edited June 2017

great clip and cutting job, landings are spot on the beat :+1:

• Good cutting. And skating.

• @jwmmakerofmusic. He made a double album in like 1999 called Analog Worms Attack and it's super good. All MS-20 and stuff. Highly recommend.

• Have also a look at his movies. Look for Quentin dupieaux.

• I havent listened to his new stuff, but the older stuff(at least his vision of)early dubstep.

• Ah, great memories...

• Nice to see the forum Is actually filled of aficionados of skateboarding and Mr Oizo music!

• There's even VSTi that creates Mr. Oizo basslines on the fly called Rotpuker.
    Works very well and it's free!

• @mannix said:
    There's even VSTi that creates Mr. Oizo basslines on the fly called Rotpuker.
    Works very well and it's free!

I looked for that one, and I couldn't find it mate. :) Any chance you can point me in the right direction?

That said, look what popped up on Spinnin'.

Spinnin probably saw Splice advertising Mr. Oizo's pack and thought, "Let's get a couple of our mates to remix the Levi Jeans advert." :D