Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TouchViz VJ app updated with in app recording TouchOSC update too

Comments

• Great. Anyone know if Hexler dev is on the forum?

• Doesn't have save recordings to camera roll though- iTunes file sharing only. The developer said on Facebook it might be coming in a future update.

• Update from developer:

"I've heard the feedback and am working on adding the "Save recording to camera roll" option as I am posting this. I estimate there will be a beta version available for testing later today, if anyone's interested in trying it early and provide feedback, please send a message to [email protected]. Thank you!"

Very responsive!

• @Ed 209 said:
    Update from developer:

"I've heard the feedback and am working on adding the "Save recording to camera roll" option as I am posting this. I estimate there will be a beta version available for testing later today, if anyone's interested in trying it early and provide feedback, please send a message to [email protected]. Thank you!"

Very responsive!

Excellent!

• Hey, I remember having this marked for interest but never went for it. Seemed too basic, but noticed it just went on sale and decided to take a chance. It's half price from $9.99 to $4.99

Messed around for about an hour last night and really like this one. Some automation, and fx reacting to frequencies/levels, etc. would be nice. However, it DOES now record your output and automatically saves the output to the camera roll in resolutions up to 1080HD. I've tried it. Works and looks good.

There's also a nice collection of built-in fx and sort of "playing" fx via an XY pad is cool. You can have one effect on source A, and different one on source B, and a third one on the master output. Each can be played/controlled separately, while adjusting fx blends, and various layer blends between the 2 sources.

You can also control it via midi, but I haven't tried that yet.

All in all, glad I took a $4.99 chance on this one. For me, it's a keeper :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touchviz/id486139371?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

• edited December 2017

My expectations were low, but were exceeded about 4-fold. I'm not sure how I'd use this with soundtrack stuff yet. I guess I'd just make the sound first, then have it running in the background and sort of play the xy pad to the sound while recording output to the camera roll. Then composite and sync them with the original soundtrack after the fact in Lumafusion with additional effects before final output.

• midi controllable too which is the main draw for me :)

• @Carnbot said:
    midi controllable too which is the main draw for me :)

I haven't tried midi control yet, as I mentioned... but will it let you set up ccs for various parameters for each of the 3 filters you've assigned to each of the A, B, and Master channels... without having to manually select/switch the source you want to control effects parameters on?

For example, can I assign external midi controls to an external controller, and knob control a parameter on source A effect, while also knob controlling a parameter on a source B effect at the same time?

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

I haven't tried midi control yet, as I mentioned... but will it let you set up ccs for various parameters for each of the 3 filters you've assigned to each of the A, B, and Master channels... without having to manually select/switch the source you want to control effects parameters on?

For example, can I assign external midi controls to an external controller, and knob control a parameter on source A effect, while also knob controlling a parameter on a source B effect at the same time?

Yes you can, only got it working briefly with an external controller but there's a list of parameters in the online guide. But you can control multiple things at once.

• edited December 2017

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Yes you can, only got it working briefly with an external controller but there's a list of parameters in the online guide. But you can control multiple things at once.

Oh awesome! I might try setting something up with TC-Data, and control it via bluetooth or wifi via an iPhone TC-Data install. And this means I could also control parameters in various synths, etc. running in the background too, ie. control a parameter on a swirl effect, while also controlling a pitch modulation at the same time. Nice!

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Oh awesome! I might try setting something up with TC-Data, and control it via bluetooth or wifi via an iPhone TC-Data install. And this means I could also control parameters in various synths, etc. running in the background too, ie. control a parameter on a swirl effect, while also controlling a pitch modulation at the same time. Nice!

Yeah was trying to get Thesys to control it but wasn't successful yet.....should work though as it worked with my Launch control XL

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

It sounds as though you could pipe something like Rozeta LFO to it to control FX in beat-time. That would be really cool.

I can think of many automated sync with music possibilities using Modstep, live keyboard input translated to midi cc via MidiFlow, midi out from Animoog’s keyboard .... Quantum ...

Does it have midi learn?

• @wim said:
    It sounds as though you could pipe something like Rozeta LFO to it to control FX in beat-time. That would be really cool.

I can think of many automated sync with music possibilities using Modstep, live keyboard input translated to midi cc via MidiFlow, midi out from Animoog’s keyboard .... Quantum ...

Does it have midi learn?

I was thinking the same thing. Going to have more of a play later with midi. I don’t think it has learn though.

Sweet score for $5 fo’ shizzle! :)

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

Does it have midi learn?

I was thinking the same thing. Going to have more of a play later with midi. I don’t think it has learn though.

Sweet score for $5 fo’ shizzle! :)

No midi learn but here's the bindings https://hexler.net/docs/touchviz-midi-reference