Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Dusted this one off. Greg is pretty sweet for 99¢

• @anickt said:
    Dusted this one off. Greg is pretty sweet for 99¢

Interesting. I can only see their 'wind/rain/noise' thingie. Do you have a link for dear old Greg?

• If you tap on downloads you should see a list of additional Noises after a bit. They were not there at first but showed up after a few.

• Grazie very much @anickt. Will go have a tap about etc.

• edited June 2017

I checked this app out as there is some 'Sakha' vocals in there. Unfortunately however they are not culturally authentic - the vocalist (who my wife knows personally and has worked with in the past) is somewhat of a pariah in Sakha, for poorly and inaccurately appropriating Sakha culture (mainly in Moscow but also internationally) in order to raise her own exposure.

Sadly there are actually a few artists from the ex.soviet nations who are exhibiting the beauty of Sakha music inauthentically as a 'freak show' or a gimmicky peculiarity, because it is gaining international attention for themselves. It can be very difficult (or impossible) to know what is culturally sound and what is not when dealing with hidden cultures, so although it's in everyone's right to promote their music freely, it's dangerous and detrimental culturally for misguiding information to be out there.

One reason it's so important to us to raise its exposure through UDAGAN is that Saydyy would like to see her culture appreciated and understood for all its authentic beauty and richness, not consumed an disregarded as an ethnic peculiarity.

• @OscarSouth This is a very thorny issue.

• edited June 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @OscarSouth This is a very thorny issue.

Extremely.

We believe in positive action, so while we choose to not participate in the issue aggressively, in an 'activistic' manner, we do our part by creating authentic artwork that represents the culture accurately, so that more people will experience it first hand and so that accurate knowledge is out there for people to find, if they are looking for it.

We are actually releasing a book this year! I'm currently editing the English language edition.

• edited June 2017

Oh yeah and also it's always silly to see artists promoting Siberian cultures where it regularly hits -50 degrees throughout the year, dressed in tropical looking outfits half naked, or looking like negative Native American stereotypes.

Anyway sorry for hijacking the thread. I sort of wound myself up and went off on my own.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Oh yeah and also it's always silly to see artists promoting Siberian cultures where it regularly hits -50 degrees throughout the year, dressed in tropical looking outfits half naked, or looking like negative Native American stereotypes.

Anyway sorry for hijacking the thread. I sort of wound myself up and went off on my own.

Not even a little. Appreciate you, these posts and your wife's contribution to my learnin'. I seem to recall you posting some of her group singing 100 years ago. Not to beat up on the Siberian Bikini wearers but in the name of learning, I'd appreciate a side by side.

• Thank you @JohnnyGoodyear Im in love with this app

• @syrupcore said:

@OscarSouth said:

Not even a little. Appreciate you, these posts and your wife's contribution to my learnin'. I seem to recall you posting some of her group singing 100 years ago. Not to beat up on the Siberian Bikini wearers but in the name of learning, I'd appreciate a side by side.

I don't want to publicly name and shame, but I can pm you a couple of examples

• @grego68 said:
    Thank you @JohnnyGoodyear Im in love with this app

You're welcome. May it (like all true love, so I'm told) endure... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear What a great app, new one on me. I use an Ambiscience app for relaxation and focus but will give this a go as an alternative.

Interesting reading in the website too.