Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad Pro with iPad ideas

I use my Launchpad Pro with LPapp as a tempo brain and clip launcher in my live looping guitar setup. @RustiK posted a discussion recently about how people use their Launchpad Pro. After reading his post I purchased impc Pro and midi learned the 4 pad pages to the drum mode on LPP which has been so awesome...thanks bro. I'm really curious to hear other people's ideas about how to use iPad apps. I don't use Ableton Live but is there an app that I can map to the note scale modes? Host apps in AB and switch them and the LP modes possible? Any help or other ideas would be great! Thanks

Comments

• i use it for everything.

• @Scottzilla82 said:
    I use my Launchpad Pro with LPapp as a tempo brain and clip launcher in my live looping guitar setup. @RustiK posted a discussion recently about how people use their Launchpad Pro. After reading his post I purchased impc Pro and midi learned the 4 pad pages to the drum mode on LPP which has been so awesome...thanks bro. I'm really curious to hear other people's ideas about how to use iPad apps. I don't use Ableton Live but is there an app that I can map to the note scale modes? Host apps in AB and switch them and the LP modes possible? Any help or other ideas would be great! Thanks

If you are using scale mode on LPP you don't have to worry about the app being scale locked as the LPP only puts out notes from the selected scale. I do this with my circuit.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    BM3...

Yeah it looks like its gonna be a killer app...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    i use it for everything.

Awesome. Any examples? Specifics...
    Like does it only work with MIDI Learn? I've got the programming guide MIDI values for the diffetent modes, just need some little ideas....If its too much of a bother for you to write an example just say some app names and I'll figure it out. Thanks

• edited June 2017

@AndyPlankton said:
    If you are using scale mode on LPP you don't have to worry about the app being scale locked as the LPP only puts out notes from the selected scale. I do this with my circuit.

Yeah I thought that was a great function. One of the reasons I bought it. Which apps are you using with note/scale mode and how? If its too much of a bother, just app names will suffice...Thanks

• edited June 2017

Any app with midi in......gadget....Galileo....modstep...cubasis, Auria....and when it gets midi in...Groovebox....the LPP when in note/scale mode is essentially a keyboard input device and the scale locking is done on the device itself, hence no need for the app to support scale modes.

• edited June 2017

@Scottzilla82 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    i use it for everything.

Awesome. Any examples? Specifics...
    Like does it only work with MIDI Learn? I've got the programming guide MIDI values for the diffetent modes, just need some little ideas....If its too much of a bother for you to write an example just say some app names and I'll figure it out. Thanks

It works out of the box. No midi learn necessary. The scale modes are internal. And you can swap between 16 channels. Meaning theoretically you can control upto 16 different instruments. 1 use case. 16 instruments in gadget. Drum mode channel 1 controlling my drums. Scale mode channels 2+ controlling a different synth. Loop track. Record overdub each layer just switching between channels and modes on the launchpad pro.

Another use case. Note mode channels 1-8 controlling each separate sequencer in my Zmors modular euclidean sequencer I have posted here.

Another use case it works natively in the launchpad app.

Another use case is midi learning the pads in the drum mode to trigger cells in modstep.

Another use case infinite looper can do the same as modstep except without midi learn. It natively supports launchpads.

Now the fader mode sends fixed ccs for the 8 faders. You can midi learn those ccs to control parameters in Aum or any synth that had midi learn. But i prefer to use my launchcontrol Xl for that. Pretty much use my launchpad pro as a magic 16 channel chromatic/scale locked piano and a 64 pad drumpad that sends gm midi.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Any app with midi in......gadget....Galileo....modstep...cubasis, Auria....and when it gets midi in...Groovebox....the LPP when in note/scale mode is essentially a keyboard input device and the scale locking is done on the device itself, hence no need for the app to support scale modes.

Awesome thanks man. This helps...

• @Scottzilla82 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Awesome thanks man. This helps...

You're welcome :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    It works out of the box. No midi learn necessary. The scale modes are internal. And you can swap between 16 channels. Meaning theoretically you can control upto 16 different instruments. 1 use case. 16 instruments in gadget. Drum mode channel 1 controlling my drums. Scale mode channels 2+ controlling a different synth. Loop track. Record overdub each layer just switching between channels and modes on the launchpad pro.

Another use case. Note mode channels 1-8 controlling each separate sequencer in my Zmors modular euclidean sequencer I have posted here..

Another use case is midi learning the pads in the drum mode to trigger cells in modstep.

Aweome! You don't know how much this helps... I didnt realize I could use certain functions right out the box. LPapp with its midi sync and link has really helped out my liveloop guitar hardware setup, but I was looking for more things to do with it. Already tried Gadget last night holding setup>changing channels which was great. Thanks again for taking the time to help me man, cheers!

• @Scottzilla82 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Another use case. Note mode channels 1-8 controlling each separate sequencer in my Zmors modular euclidean sequencer I have posted here..

Aweome! You don't know how much this helps... I didnt realize I could use certain functions right out the box. LPapp with its midi sync and link has really helped out my liveloop guitar hardware setup, but I was looking for more things to do with it. Already tried Gadget last night holding setup>changing channels which was great. Thanks again for taking the time to help me man, cheers!

I forgot to mention. Some older pros didn't come with the latest firmware. So if you don't have the scale modes update the device.

• Infinite looper is on sale right now and offers out of the box LP support.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Infinite looper is on sale right now and offers out of the box LP support.

Ha. Came to mention the very same.

• Thanks...picking this up now. I have MIDImorphisus and Sidecar, never noticed this one for some reason. Looks fun...

• this is a great topic even for my mkii. i feel theres untapped (no pun int) potential for using it in ios platforms. more!!