Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TheAudioDabbler | Modstep Overview **Videos Added**

A very high level overview tutorial of Modstep. I would like to do more specific, bite size tutorials for it as well. Let me know what you guys would like to see and I will try and make it happen. I am also planning a make a song/beat video as well.

**Added some more vidoes labeled Nuggets of Knowledge (NoK) more to come as I find those nuggets

Comments

• edited June 2017

Huzzah.

I've always been like:

but now have new hope.... :)

• Excellent Instructions. Thanks.

• @JohnnyGoodyear if you have any specific questions let me know. I have also thought about doing a live Q&A. Might help to have a more interactive video with Modstep.

@mgmg4871 Thank you for watching.

• I will watch this video tonight.

I've found your videos to be extremely helpful and well-produced, and MODSTEP has been a mystery to me, so this is appreciated.

• Been using this for more than a year and I have never seen the mods so clearly explained. Thanks!

• edited June 2017

And of course copying and pasting in Modstep, like almost everything in the app, is done by tap and drag.

• edited June 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Been using this for more than a year and I have never seen the mods so clearly explained. Thanks!

I think I can retire from making modstep videos now. Looking forward to what else @gmslayton will post.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Been using this for more than a year and I have never seen the mods so clearly explained. Thanks!

I think I can retire from making modstep videos now. Looking forward to what else @gmslayton will post.

No don't! I think I would almost pay to see users working in modstep, because every time I see a video, I have a new insight and think — wow I never would've done it that way.

• Agree with @ExAsperis99. Your videos have taught me a lot, @gonekrazy3000.

• @gonekrazy3000 yes, dont stop making videos. I just subscribed to your channel. I will check out your videos today. I am currently sick with a low fever so I am just laying around today. Was planning on another Modstep video but not sure if I will get to it today.

• Added some more videos to the top post.

• @gmslayton said:
    Added some more videos to the top post.

New videos viewed and appreciated - !

• @gmslayton said:
    @gonekrazy3000 yes, dont stop making videos. I just subscribed to your channel. I will check out your videos today. I am currently sick with a low fever so I am just laying around today. Was planning on another Modstep video but not sure if I will get to it today.

What's the channel?

• edited June 2017

@8BitSamurai said:

@gmslayton said:
    @gonekrazy3000 yes, dont stop making videos. I just subscribed to your channel. I will check out your videos today. I am currently sick with a low fever so I am just laying around today. Was planning on another Modstep video but not sure if I will get to it today.

What's the channel?

Better to check my threads here. There's more explanations than just the videos.

https://forum.audiob.us/profile/discussions/6431/gonekrazy3000

Just see any thread with the header tutorial.

• Really good videos. :)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get external FX to work with IAA instruments? I've tried adding Eos in the chain after Model 15, but no matter whether I select it as an AU or IAA effect, it's having no... effect. But it does work fine with the internal instruments. Is this a limitation of Modstep - that it's not 'actually' placing IAA apps in the signal path, just feeding them MIDI?

• edited July 2017

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    Really good videos. :)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get external FX to work with IAA instruments? I've tried adding Eos in the chain after Model 15, but no matter whether I select it as an AU or IAA effect, it's having no... effect. But it does work fine with the internal instruments. Is this a limitation of Modstep - that it's not 'actually' placing IAA apps in the signal path, just feeding them MIDI?

Not sure what you mean. You have an IAA instrument loaded then drag an IAA fx into the chain and you're not hearing the effect?

Like this (Enkl as IAA, AUFX Dub as IAA)?

In this set up I'm definitely getting my Dub on.

Though when I tried EOS I don't hear the effect...might be an EOS thing.

EDIT testing EOS with Model 15 is turning out to be a fail, but working with other instruments....

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Not sure what you mean. You have an IAA instrument loaded then drag an IAA fx into the chain and you're not hearing the effect?

EDIT testing EOS with Model 15 is turning out to be a fail, but working with other instruments....

Yeah, seems to be a Model 15 thing. :(

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

It cleared up for me by selecting the Model 15 IAA that isn't one of the "Audio Bridge" outs that Model 15 advertisizes...if it says "A" or "B" it won't fly...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

It cleared up for me by selecting the Model 15 IAA that isn't one of the "Audio Bridge" outs that Model 15 advertisizes...if it says "A" or "B" it won't fly...

Ah cool, I'll try that later. Thanks!

Also, can we have an in-depth Midi CCs video, gmslayton? I've been finding your videos so useful to unlock the potential of this app. I'm getting there!

• These videos are fantastic. Thanks for creating these!

• Is there a way to auto record a new loop on a track without having to click on a cell twice? What I would love is to be able to select a track, get the keyboard up, and for a new cell to start recording as soon as I play some notes, with the loop length set to what is in the options. I thought that's what arming a track would do, but it didn't seem to work.

I can't remember how recording works in Ableton Live but from memory it's a little less fiddly there somehow.