Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Air 2: How goes it lately?

I am having some issues with mine. I just can't pinpoint why exactly. The last update I suspect is involved. But, what about the whole 64 conversion, has that actually happened?

If so, is this new norm on an iPad Air 2 trying to run and process this stuff?

I am using apps that FOREVER I could run no problem together.

Now I have to remove 1 or 2 apps of the past just to have it run without bogging down or crashing.

I use AB2 for my day to day. Does that still run ok for people? AB3 I use but more in a strictly beta testing methodology. Not studio stuff.

I am super aggravated lately with this. Feels like ios 8 blues all over again.

Problem is I can't tell if it has to do with certain apps, the way they communicate, operating system, the 64 size exclusivity, etc.

My iPhone 7 is not exactly the beacon of stability that it once was either. So, this may not be device hopefully. My Air 1 I use for remote control of apps or for TC 11, Figure, or Andes.

I appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Having no issues with mine. On Ios 10.3.1. though. heard 10.3.2 might have broken things.
    Removed Ab2 since it was interfering with Ab3. and the beta of AB3 is pretty stable now so i don't miss Ab2.

• The 64 bit thing happened all the way back in 2013.
    Having no issues, I'm on the latest beta. 10.3.3 Beta 4.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Having no issues with mine. On Ios 10.3.1. though. heard 10.3.2 might have broken things.
    Removed Ab2 since it was interfering with Ab3. and the beta of AB3 is pretty stable now so i don't miss Ab2.

Were you having issues with AB2?

How many apps do you run at once?

• @Lacm1993 said:
    The 64 bit thing happened all the way back in 2013.

My bad.

What operating system did they remove the access or ability to use 32 bit?

I thought that was a new concept in the last couple months?

• How does having AB2 installed interfere with AB3 and does the beta now work with AB remote? Which is why I have AB2 still around.

• @RustiK said:

@Lacm1993 said:

My bad.

The hability to access 32 bit only apps it's removed on iOS 11. There's no issues with 32 bit apps on iOS 10.
    Apps need to be 64 compatible before that.

• @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Having no issues with mine. On Ios 10.3.1. though. heard 10.3.2 might have broken things.

Well. At minimum 8 ruismakers. (Use my rack all the time) plus Aum and modstep. The rest is in flux. Multiple poisons, ripplemakers, etc. Around 12-16 channels of audio I guess. I do hit cpu limits and crackles start if I go too far. But usually increasing audio buffer in Aum fixes that.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Well. At minimum 8 ruismakers. (Use my rack all the time) plus Aum and modstep. The rest is in flux. Multiple poisons, ripplemakers, etc. Around 12-16 channels of audio I guess. I do hit cpu limits and crackles start if I go too far. But usually increasing audio buffer in Aum fixes that.

What symptoms did you have when you figured out the AB2 AB3 cross contamination?

• @Lacm1993 said:

@RustiK said:

@Lacm1993 said:

My bad.

The hability to access 32 bit only apps it's removed on iOS 11. There's no issues with 32 bit apps on iOS 10.
    Apps need to be 64 compatible before that.

Thanks for the clarification.

• @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

What symptoms did you have when you figured out the AB2 AB3 cross contamination?

Mainly my ab3 presets that I share on the site accidentally get loaded in ab2. And that meant I couldn't even test what I uploaded. Plus @Sebastian clearly mentioned that both should not be installed back on the release thread. So I removed it.

• edited June 2017

Mine is running quite well. Storage is my biggest obstacle, with a few hundred apps & 3GB of AudioShare samples I try to keep it at least 2-3GB free so sessions in Auria Pro have plenty of room to freeze tracks & do multiple takes for comping

In action with a few FabFilters on 2 or 3 channels unfrozen, 10-12 tracks, some MIDI input going through AudioBus 3 and a several AU effects the CPU hovers between 40-60%.

I'm on 10.3.2 and am most likely staying there. I've been trepidatious updating this thing with each new version as I've stated here several times. I'd have to hear unanimous feedback that iOS 11 made Air 2's run great to do it.

Whether there's still a bit of engineered obsolescence on the software side, Apple enjoys such great success & a high reputation because their hardware is extremely well made. With members reporting still using iPad 2's (of course with limited functionality due to the software updates) as reliable 2nd screens or even semi-DAW setups with early version apps.

I will jump to the 10.5 Pro sooner than later but I suspect my Air 2 will remain part of my setup for years onwards...

• @JRSIV said:
    Mine is running quite well. Storage is my biggest obstacle, with a few hundred apps & 3GB of AudioShare samples I try to keep it at least 2-3GB free so sessions in Auria Pro have plenty of room to freeze tracks & do multiple takes for comping

In action with a few FabFilters on 2 or 3 channels unfrozen, 10-12 tracks, some MIDI input going through AudioBus 3 and a several AU effects the CPU hovers between 40-60%.

I'm on 10.3.2 and am most likely staying there. I've been trepidatious updating this thing with each new version as I've stated here several times. I'd have to hear unanimous feedback that iOS made Air 2's run great to do it.

Whether there's still a bit of engineered obsolescence on the software side, Apple enjoys such great success & a high reputation because their hardware is extremely well made. With members reporting still using iPad 2's (of course with limited functionality due to the software updates) as reliable 2nd screens or even semi-DAW setups with early version apps.

I will jump to the 10.5 Pro sooner than later but I suspect my Air 2 will remain part of my setup for years onwards...

Same here.

My debate now is MacBook or iPad Pro............................

• No problems with Air 2 here. I recently got a 10.5 to replace the Air 2, but it wasn't because the Air 2 wasn't cutting it or because it was having issues. The Air 2 has been running smoothly and darn good for the past couple of years, since I first got it and I've been using the heck out of it, every single day.

If somebody is having issues with theirs, and they haven't been able to fix things yet, then perhaps a complete wipe and reinstall of everything is worth a try?

It's always a smart idea to not fill up the SSD to the brim, and to leave some free space available, for best operation imo.