Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Interesting sonically, but jeez, hard to watch! :s

• Skipped around. I'll put it nicely and just say that is left up my alley.

• Love it. Exactly the sort of performance that I think the ethos of this forum represents. Do your thing people and keep your skin thick!

• she's an excellent performer, amazing control, THIS is real music B)
    (let alone the wide variety of tracks)

• @Telefunky said:
    she's an excellent performer, amazing control, THIS is real music B)
    (let alone the wide variety of tracks)

Yeah, I think the preparation alone for the performance is great.

I guess I feel the direction of music is more sounds anyway.

As we already see with micro tones and granular synthesis, we are heading there.

It is matter of time when we start openly discussing music through frequencies. It is more science than art in some respects if you consider the neuro response to stimuli like this person's style.

I love reality like this performance.

• @5pinlink said:
    I am so glad i am old and had real music to grow up with.

I think that a look at the world then and what was happening and the true soul of nations were in a FAR DIFFERENT place then now.

Hence, the sounds in the video.

I always found it fascinating that depending on what is going in the world, music always needs to vent and exhale for the outsiders and everyday no bodies like you and me.

Who did you grow up with BTW?

• edited June 2017

As a fanchild of 90s industrial, trip hop and fsol/orb/meat beat manifesto etc. I must approve.

• @AudioGus said:
    As a fanchild of 90s industrial, trip hop and fsol/orb/meat beat manifesto etc. I must approve.

Hells yeah!

I still love me some Skinny Puppy or Ministry and yes NIN................cannot lie.

Throw in some Christian Death and Bauhaus

• sounds like she's rooted in traditional enka

• edited June 2017

Not sure when you grew up (I was born in th sixties). Remember the live performances of Bowie in the 70s? Talking Heads in the 80s? Laurie Anderson in the 90s? Beyond my time, but what about Dissevelt and Kid Baltan from 1950s! Check out this (possible inspiration for Kiki Hitomi) performance : https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=bVl2_MSwmSA
    (@5pinlink)

All of these musicians put out some fairly "musical" albums and TV recordings, but on stage, with an audience that craved it, went wild with abstract composition, micro tonal sound, and electronic noise. now I'm remembering some of my favorite 80s bands, art of noise and herbie Hancock. And I cam across some grateful dead tapes that were, in my opinion, most definitely "not music"

On stage some of the best musicians fuse "concert" with "art performance" and can push the edge in ways that years after we consider "normal"

Kiki Hitomi, I learned from this post is an accomplished musician with deep music knowledge and is credited with fusing reggae and traditional enka (@kobamoto) . If live performance can get her creative juice flowing to allow her to push it farther, good on her.

• Lol she looks like my wife from Seoul... I'd better get an extra rug.. I mean rig :)

• edited June 2017

This is AMAZING GOOD. It reminds me of 1990's lo-fi trip hop.
    And the DUB - oh yes, the DUB! Delicious!

I like everything about this. Thanks for sharing, Rustik. <3

• Interesting viewing. I'm a big dub fan especially Dub Syndicate, African Headcharge and all Adrian Sherwood productions. This fits into that sound with a little Japanese twist.
    Thanks!

• That was great. You've heard this before, but not with a voice like that. Impressive.

• looking at what seems to be the core of her rig she puts most of us app fanatics to shame ;)
    there's a Roland SP404, a modified Monotribe-Delay, Electro Harmonix Holy Stain, a Kaos Pad and a small mixer...

• well, I clearly recognized the tracks of her current album (which I listened to later) from this performance. There's some chaos and free parts, but the main stuff is her records.

• edited June 2017

@5pinlink said:
    ... im just too old for noise ;)

Me too. Come to think of it I never was a fan of 99% of live music. If amps/speakers/large groups of people are involved then I am not. Small venues and natural acoustics only please.

Chick is still bad ass though.

• @5pinlink said:

@Pavel said:
    Not sure when you grew up (I was born in th sixties). Remember the live performances of Bowie in the 70s? Talking Heads in the 80s? Laurie Anderson in the 90s? Beyond my time, but what about Dissevelt and Kid Baltan from 1950s! Check out this (possible inspiration for Kiki Hitomi) performance : https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=bVl2_MSwmSA
    (@5pinlink)

All of these musicians put out some fairly "musical" albums and TV recordings, but on stage, with an audience that craved it, went wild with abstract composition, micro tonal sound, and electronic noise. now I'm remembering some of my favorite 80s bands, art of noise and herbie Hancock. And I cam across some grateful dead tapes that were, in my opinion, most definitely "not music"

On stage some of the best musicians fuse "concert" with "art performance" and can push the edge in ways that years after we consider "normal"

Kiki Hitomi, I learned from this post is an accomplished musician with deep music knowledge and is credited with fusing reggae and traditional enka (@kobamoto) . If live performance can get her creative juice flowing to allow her to push it farther, good on her.

This makes a lot of sense and sort of proves my point, all those artists that experimented are remembered for their great recordings, not for the esoteric garbage they did on stage one night drugged out their barnet (not saying this girl here is off her face, but more the 70s/80s stuff you hinted at)
    This girl sort of reminds me why a couple of months ago i was looking forward to watching Machinedrum live, and now i think he is a complete toss pot because he plays a few recordings and pretends to tweak dials, whereas the band before him were absolutely horrific sounding (to me that is, the kids were enjoying it) but still a metric F ton more entertaining because they actually played some instruments, yes it was just a bass guitar and a guitar and keys, but was still more entertaining.
    So yeah she would be more entertaining than Machindrum live, but i would still be walking away, im just too old for noise ;)

I must have been in a different universe because none of the performers I saw in the 70's and 80's (including those mentioned) performed any "esoteric garbage they did on stage one night drugged out their barnet". More often than not they were incredible shows visually and sonically. There's nothing "wrong" with what Kiki is doing. Just maybe not to everyone's taste.

• Me like.

Even though I'm an old fart, one can only listen to rehashed classic rock so much.

• B)

She's a talented person . At first it was too glichy bling blingy and then she showed her stuff .

My biggest problem is here you have a terrific performer , great costume - great visuals - tripped out stuff and then the lights ( cool ) -

But -

All the DJ wiring just takes away the aesthetics and distracts for the art form and her performance which was awesomely conceived , created and executed .

That's the difference I have seen over all in most DJ's set ups - they look sterile and un artistic . All you see is her upper torso - The legs have a big visual impact - especially if they are great looking legs on a lady . I don't know if she's got legs at all from the video heh heh - they could be toothpicks or gargantuan .

EZ :

HR

• the wiring may be considered part of the performance, as it allows the interaction of those 'machines' with the voice.
    Daylight shot:
    takes her about a minute to dial in some groove, droning bass at 5min, at 7 min she slips into that Pink Kimono waltz - far from randomly fooling around

• Not meaning to tweak anybody who doesn't like it, but I keep coming back to this. Is there a
    better quality example of Kiki Hitomi's work? I generally avoid DJ sets as ridiculous too.

• Ha ha, that SNL clip is hilarious, Andy Samberg's face makes me laugh.
    My sister used to promote club nights back in the 90's as this whole cult of DJ phenomenon was taking off (again). Sooo many self important idiot DJs, learn to beat-match and you'd think they'd saved the planet. I enjoyed a good night's dancing when it was on offer, but too often we'd be looking around thinking, what is all the fuss about?

Actually, thinking about it, there may have been chemicals

• Fair enough. I guess what I meant was, what would anyone recommend from her catalog. This is a great place to dive in, thank you.

• P.S. Kiki's got taste, that 1st track reminds me of this bass botherer from the 90's, and I always used to wonder if Bandulu had sampled it from some old dubplate?
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbs421_bandulu-come-forward-dub_music

(This one really has to be heard through speakers with low bass extension. This was just before those 'rattle your car to pieces' cds started to appear for the Sub fraternity)