Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trippy Morning - Live Groovebox/Blocs song

This song is a live jam I created using Ampify’s Groovebox and Blocs apps on an iPad Pro 10.5. Groovebox provided most of the sounds initially, including the drums, lead, and dubby bassline. I used Blocs to add the vocal stab and the more distorted bassline, along with a brighter high hat loop to glue the percussion together a bit more.

Both apps were set to be input sources in Audiobus 3, and I used Auria Pro to record the stereo recording of the jam in real-time. Lots of app switching to tweak and mute/unmute things in realtime to flesh out the song structure. Not the most ergonomic way to do things, but it worked. Some slight PSP EQ and Pro-L limiting in Auria Pro afterwards to open things up some, but that’s the only post-processing applied after it was recorded.

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Tarekith-TrippyMorning.m4a

Enjoy!

Tarekith
http://tarekith.com

Comments

• Man that evolving lead part is so damn cool. The delay & EQ coupled​ with the slow crescendo made the melody really take flight. The bass & drums all groove in support and that last section (let's just call it a chorus) with everything full out was really cool, wish it would've went a few more cycles.

My only negative critique is that vocal sample, lol. That's a case where less is more. If it was used just once or twice as a firm explanation during shifting sections it works, but every bar and at the end not so much.

If you want a staccato stab or some sort of sharp counterpoint some horn stabs or B3 organ would fit the mood of the track.

Hey, just my opinion, and it certainly didn't distract from the track... I played it back to back and bookmarked it to a folder I save music from the community or online that really grabs me. Very well done...

• Thanks for the feedback, always good to get some to take on board for my next track!

• Nice stuff dude....please tell me how to get that bass....i thought I wasn't getting it because of my headphones...but I can hear yours, so I'm doing something wrong somewhere ...

I love this combo of Groovebox and blocs wave.....

• Well that whole track was done 100% on headphones too (I haven't even heard it anywhere else yet), so it's definitely not that.

A lot of the bass is just adding a tiny bit of overdrive or distortion so it's not a straight sine wave what gets buried in the mix. Or gets muddy. It adds just enough grit that it pops out of the mix a bit, the rest is just careful balancing of levels. Making sure my lead isn't overlapping it so I can bring up in the mix more so you can really feel it.

• @Tarekith always learn something from listening to your stuff. Love the lead and could also see how a vocal sound could go in very different directions. Tend to agree that the vox sample may not be quite upto the rest of it (everyone's got toast, right?), but if you could find someone to channel the ghost of Mikey Dread I feel sure he could work with this piece...

• @Tarekith said:
    Well that whole track was done 100% on headphones too (I haven't even heard it anywhere else yet), so it's definitely not that.

A lot of the bass is just adding a tiny bit of overdrive or distortion so it's not a straight sine wave what gets buried in the mix. Or gets muddy. It adds just enough grit that it pops out of the mix a bit, the rest is just careful balancing of levels. Making sure my lead isn't overlapping it so I can bring up in the mix more so you can really feel it.

The only time I feel that feel, is when playing bass guitar

• Dope track.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Tarekith said:
    Well that whole track was done 100% on headphones too (I haven't even heard it anywhere else yet), so it's definitely not that.

The only time I feel that feel, is when playing bass guitar

I have applied your advice to some tracks I am putting together on Circuit and the results have been great...thank you :)

• Great, glad it was helpful!