Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, ALCHEMY disappeared last IOS update on iPad...........

AND IT IS BACK TODAY.

So weird.

What is even more weird that it never identified my iConnect products but now it is able to identify my Novation Audiohub inside Alchemy on an area that I never new was on there.

I wish Apple would allow old Camel team to come in and maintain my Alchemy OFFICIALLY and allow IAPs and other upgrades.

I love this app. God it is so good.

Comments

• @RustiK said:
    AND IT IS BACK TODAY.

So weird.

What is even more weird that it never identified my iConnect products but now it is able to identify my Novation Audiohub inside Alchemy on an area that I never new was on there.

I wish Apple would allow old Camel team to come in and maintain my Alchemy OFFICIALLY and allow IAPs and other upgrades.

How's the Audiohub working for ya btw ? I'm a bit pissed off that my volume knob randomly cuts out the left or right channel of my headphone monitors sometimes. Need to fiddle with it till both channels work again. But otherwise it still works even 3 years on....

• I've got it loaded on my new iPad Pro 10.5", but I know that it won't work once I update to iOS 11. I'm keeping my ola iPad Air 1 on iOS 10 just to keep Alchemy available.

• In my update, Alchemy made it, but minus the various packs I had bought. Due to no longer being available. So, knowing it is going to stop working anyway with IOS 11, I bit the bullet and deleted. Goodbye old friend. :'(

• @Zen210507 said:
    In my update, Alchemy made it, but minus the various packs I had bought. Due to no longer being available. So, knowing it is going to stop working anyway with IOS 11, I bit the bullet and deleted. Goodbye old friend. :'(

Try hitting the "Restore Purchases" button at the end of the list of available packs and wait. Last time I re-installed Alchemy this stared a download of all packs I purchased before. Downloading them separately doesn't work, though...

And, since Alchemy was taken down for a few days and brought back: maybe, just maybe, there is still hope for an update before iOS 11 arrives?

• @Martinj said:

@Zen210507 said:
    In my update, Alchemy made it, but minus the various packs I had bought. Due to no longer being available. So, knowing it is going to stop working anyway with IOS 11, I bit the bullet and deleted. Goodbye old friend. :'(

Try hitting the "Restore Purchases" button at the end of the list of available packs and wait. Last time I re-installed Alchemy this stared a download of all packs I purchased before. Downloading them separately doesn't work, though...

And, since Alchemy was taken down for a few days and brought back: maybe, just maybe, there is still hope for an update before iOS 11 arrives?

I had the same issue. The restore wasn't fully successful at first, but after a few attempts it worked.

But like you said, it's gonna be dead soon, so maybe now is the time to walk away. I'm just glad I can still use my older iPad to keep Alchemy, as well as some other "dead" apps in my arsenal, like DR-OM.

• I am not that sure, that all hope is lost.

There is a thread on the iPad Musician Facebook group where someone (can't remember the name) is in contact with Apple, and it seems that the re-appearance of Alchemy in Purchased Apps is a success of that contact. Apple staff also asked in that dialogue why musicians are so keen on keeping the Alchemy standalone app instead of just using the GB version. So, at least, SOMEONE at Apple IS listening...

• @RustiK said:
    AND IT IS BACK TODAY.

So weird.

Hmmm... How do you mean with "it's back today"?

I can't still not see Alchemy in my purchase section in Appstore (on my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9")...

How do you restore it?

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@RustiK said:
    AND IT IS BACK TODAY.

So weird.

Hmmm... How do you mean with "it's back today"?

I can't still not see Alchemy in my purchase section in Appstore (on my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9")...

How do you restore it?

Sacrafice of a brown goat, bongos, and fingernails.

It started when Synthmaster is shitting out, went for ALchemy, gone.

Then I look today as I am installing Cubasis and there it is!

I restored ALL my iaps.

Including the PRO upgrade.

So strange I love it.

• @Martinj said:
    I am not that sure, that all hope is lost.

There is a thread on the iPad Musician Facebook group where someone (can't remember the name) is in contact with Apple, and it seems that the re-appearance of Alchemy in Purchased Apps is a success of that contact. Apple staff also asked in that dialogue why musicians are so keen on keeping the Alchemy standalone app instead of just using the GB version. So, at least, SOMEONE at Apple IS listening...

Agree

• Just got an iPad 2017 128gb model and restored from an air1 backup. Alchemy itself was restored but none of the soundpacks or pro upgrade was restored. Selecting restore purchases does nothing more than state it cannot connect to store. Is this still an issue? A mere 6 months ago I was able to install and restore alchemy to a new 6s.
    Should I uninstall alchemy and then reinstall? Apple really needs to get this kind of issue fixed. I have many dollars in vested in alchemy standalone and the GB version is useless to me in that locked echo system. Has any one very recently updated a new idevice from a backup and successfully restored alchemy purchases?

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    Just got an iPad 2017 128gb model and restored from an air1 backup. Alchemy itself was restored but none of the soundpacks or pro upgrade was restored. Selecting restore purchases does nothing more than state it cannot connect to store. Is this still an issue? A mere 6 months ago I was able to install and restore alchemy to a new 6s.
    Should I uninstall alchemy and then reinstall? Apple really needs to get this kind of issue fixed. I have many dollars in vested in alchemy standalone and the GB version is useless to me in that locked echo system. Has any one very recently updated a new idevice from a backup and successfully restored alchemy purchases?

Last night I tried to restore purchases to another device and had the same problem. I'm thinking maybe with iOS 11 they have abandoned Alchemy altogether.

• @1P18 said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:
    Just got an iPad 2017 128gb model and restored from an air1 backup. Alchemy itself was restored but none of the soundpacks or pro upgrade was restored. Selecting restore purchases does nothing more than state it cannot connect to store. Is this still an issue? A mere 6 months ago I was able to install and restore alchemy to a new 6s.

Last night I tried to restore purchases to another device and had the same problem. I'm thinking maybe with iOS 11 they have abandoned Alchemy altogether.

Thanks for the verification. Since ios11 is not out officially this really should not be happening. They have alchemy in GB so technically it is not abandoned - more like held hostage in a glittery castle cutoff from it's old friends and family (standalone and soundpacks)...

Not sure who to talk to at apple. The easy fix would be to pull alchemy OUT of GB and make it a standalone as before and restore the soundpacks to original owners. It is likely the alchemy in GB is implemented as an AU so it would still be available to GB. In any case, pretty unacceptable behavior towards customers who paid full price for alchemy and those soundpacks for which apple got their 30% cut. Even worse when they stick it inside GB and do not allow the use of those soundpacks there.

• Strange that the sound packs show up in euro in the us App Store. No go on restore :neutral:

Not sure who to talk to at apple. The easy fix would be to pull alchemy OUT of GB and make it a standalone as before and restore the soundpacks to original owners.

>

Sure, if Apple gave two hoots. The fact that the only Alchemy now is the GB version shows that they have zero interest in a stand-alone.

• The Alchemy in Garage Band is not the same as Alchemy Mobile. It is technically Alchemy 2.0, and there is no compatibility between the two. The first version was Camel Audio, the second version is Apple.

That being said, no real reason for Apple to stop allowing restoration of purchases, especially when it appears they are jumping the gun here. Would have been better to shut it down well after iOS 11, or better yet just leave it up at the relatively minimal cost it is to them.

Strange that the sound packs show up in euro in the us App Store. No go on restore :neutral:

First

Does the PRO upgrade work?

• It's also not yet 64bit, and on that list of apps needing updates pre-11- apps that will stay on a not 11 Air 2

A few months ago when the "contact the developer" prompts started popping up in the soon to be legacy apps like Alchemy Mobile, I wrote Apple in the spirit of "contact the developer" as Apple was the adhoc dev of software purchased from Camel...some emails back and forth but no movement

• @Littlewoodg said:
    It's also not yet 64bit, and on that list of apps needing updates pre-11- apps that will stay on a not 11 Air 2

A few months ago when the "contact the developer" prompts started popping up in the soon to be legacy apps like Alchemy Mobile, I wrote Apple in the spirit of "contact the developer" as Apple was the adhoc dev of software purchased from Camel...some emails back and forth but no movement

Ditto on the no movement, I never managed to get them to understand that they ARE the developer and they kept referring me to Camel.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Ditto on the no movement, I never managed to get them to understand that they ARE the developer and they kept referring me to Camel.

Yes, and in their capacity as developer, Apple have decided to abandon stand-alone Alchemy, wave goodbye to its sound packs, and continue with the GB version.

Unless millions of dopey milenials decide they must have Alchemy original for their iPhones, we will never see it or those packs again.

• It's still safe, with all the expansions I bought on the ipad3 :)

• edited September 2017

I am getting my replacement Air 1 going tonight. 10.3.3 Alchemy sound packs are not there after my restore from backup. Tried many times. Bumming...

• @Zen210507 said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:
    Not sure who to talk to at apple. The easy fix would be to pull alchemy OUT of GB and make it a standalone as before and restore the soundpacks to original owners.

>

Sure, if Apple gave two hoots. The fact that the only Alchemy now is the GB version shows that they have zero interest in a stand-alone.

But they do. They bought the company that made Alchemy (before the acquisition) and asked them to incorporate it inside Apple's flagship music product on iOS. To me that's a pretty clear hint they do have an interest in Alchemy.

• @brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

>

But they do. They bought the company that made Alchemy (before the acquisition) and asked them to incorporate it inside Apple's flagship music product on iOS. To me that's a pretty clear hint they do have an interest in Alchemy.

But not in supporting the customers who bought the standalone version.and it's many iap sound packs. Particularly galling when standalone alchemy works on 32 bit devices and GB alchemy is 64 bit only.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Moderndaycompiler said:

>

But not in supporting the customers who bought the standalone version.and it's many iap sound packs. Particularly galling when standalone alchemy works on 32 bit devices and GB alchemy is 64 bit only.

Yes, that sucks. But that was another company's product range, not Apple's. At least Apple have sort of continued the product instead of snuffing it from the market. That's already quite a gesture when they could have just asked those guys to start working on profitable desktop things.

• edited September 2017

@brambos said:

Yes, they have a great interest in Alchemy as part of GB. No question, and the GB version is very good, too. But as Bianca and others suggest, there is no will to make a stand-alone product, or support previously purchased sound packs from the original within GB.

• @brambos said:
    At least Apple have sort of continued the product instead of snuffing it from the market. That's already quite a gesture when they could have just asked those guys to start working on profitable desktop things.

Sure, but this us good business not altruism. Apple saw an opportunity to acquire a very good synth and incorporate it into Garage Band.

• @Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:
    At least Apple have sort of continued the product instead of snuffing it from the market. That's already quite a gesture when they could have just asked those guys to start working on profitable desktop things.

Sure, but this us good business not altruism.

Well, they were bought by Apple, not by the Peace Corps :D

• @brambos said:
    Well, they were bought by Apple, not by the Peace Corps :D

>

Fair point, :)

• I still own a desktop license. I wonder if there is a way to export/import from the original application to the iOS app?