Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, ALCHEMY disappeared last IOS update on iPad...........

13»

Comments

• @realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:
    Well done, Apple. They took a useful, professional, musical program from Windows and crippled it. In IOS the pro version was still useful as a controller but now...... Well done, Apple.

Alchemy is now a toy in Apple’s music toy box.

Alchemy is the biggest missing hole in my iOS heart till this day.

I don't know why someone hasn't tried anything like it.

Shame

Damn shame.

Better to have love and lost I guess.

Combine Infinite and SynthMaster and you are quite there. :) Not exactly of course.

I never owned Alchemy before the Apple takeover. Is the current version in GB sonically inferior or is it more about missing synth features? How about the logic version on Mac?

It‘s missing some features and workflow.
    The Logic version is kind of Alchemy v2 and is even far more advanced and i love it.
    But also if Apple adds here even a lot stuff they removed some of my favorite features like importing and using .tun files and waveforms.
    Otherwise it‘s my second favorite tool in Logic.

Favorite is Sculpture?

Yes. I love it. For what it does it is sitting on the throne!

• @Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:
    Well done, Apple. They took a useful, professional, musical program from Windows and crippled it. In IOS the pro version was still useful as a controller but now...... Well done, Apple.

Shame

Damn shame.

Combine Infinite and SynthMaster and you are quite there. :) Not exactly of course.

I never owned Alchemy before the Apple takeover. Is the current version in GB sonically inferior or is it more about missing synth features? How about the logic version on Mac?

The Logic version is kind of Alchemy v2 and is even far more advanced and i love it.
    But also if Apple adds here even a lot stuff they removed some of my favorite features like importing and using .tun files and waveforms.

Favorite is Sculpture?

I never actually tried it. Now I’m curious..I better not get hooked because then I’ll want it on iPad :s

• @realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:

Shame

Damn shame.

Favorite is Sculpture?

I never actually tried it. Now I’m curious..I better not get hooked because then I’ll want it on iPad :s

If i could get just Sculpture and P900 (O.k. and Repro and some more maybe :D ) on an iPad Pro i would consider to go for iOS only again (especially if i read about that intel cpu bug thing).....at least for synth useage. Sample libraries are lightyears away but for synthesis i think iOS has come a great way.
    The magic in Sculpture is the outstanding morphing but organic, almost acoustic sounding tunes you can get out of it. It´s a secret weapon for sound design as well. It´s hard to describe.
    And it´s even strange that it´s really old but i consider it one of the most innovative synths i ever saw.
    It´s also maybe limited in terms of sounds you can make if you compare it with synths like Infinite or similar tools but i have a special love for Sculpture since the first contact with it and if i could use a large touch screen to morph the materials it could be even more fun and awesome to use.
    But if if if.....it´s like it is and i can dream on. Maybe in some years.

• Don't forget that Apple didn't create Logic. It was Creator (Atari) and then Notator. I first bought it it was from a company called Emagic. And Garageband is essentially just appropriating the core tech of Acid.

Having Logic and Alchemy solely on the Mac is a way of selling Macs. That's their priority. They could make some money selling Alchemy on the PC or on iOS, but that's chump change to them.

However, I think you can still get a version of the old Alchemy Player on the PC, through a subscription to Computer Music.

• @Reid said:
    Don't forget that Apple didn't create Logic. It was Creator (Atari) and then Notator. I first bought it it was from a company called Emagic. And Garageband is essentially just appropriating the core tech of Acid.

Founders of both Emagic and ACID are still at Apple too. I’d hope they are still passionate about the tech they invented and bringing more of it (over time) to the iPad.

• @rarien said:
    @RUST( i )K just curious: are you on iOS 11?

On new iPhone yes, Air 2 yes ----_Air1 no.

Keeping that for Alchemy.

Accidentally hit upgrade and caught it in time to shut down to interrupt it. thank god

• @realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:

Shame

Damn shame.

Here is a classic video.

• @Reid said:
    Don't forget that Apple didn't create Logic. It was Creator (Atari) and then Notator. I first bought it it was from a company called Emagic. And Garageband is essentially just appropriating the core tech of Acid.

Having Logic and Alchemy solely on the Mac is a way of selling Macs. That's their priority. They could make some money selling Alchemy on the PC or on iOS, but that's chump change to them.

However, I think you can still get a version of the old Alchemy Player on the PC, through a subscription to Computer Music.

PC only? Or Mac version as well? And which sound libs? Just the basic pack?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:

Shame

Damn shame.

Here is a classic video.

Thanks, now I see!!

• @realdavidai said:

@Reid said:

Founders of both Emagic and ACID are still at Apple too. I’d hope they are still passionate about the tech they invented and bringing more of it (over time) to the iPad.

Interesting, so the Sonic Foundry people who created ACID (from my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin) didn't move with it when they sold to Sony? They went to Apple? Sonic Foundry (as Sony)kept the same Madison address.

So many DAWs "borrowed" the basic idea of ACID over time.

• edited January 2018

@teleb said:

@Reid said:

Not sure about the Mac version, but isn't it worth it to get Logic just for Alchemy? The Computer Music Alchemy Player comes with 249 presets. As you can see it's not the Alchemy you see in Logic, but is more like the iOS one or Synthmaster Player.

I would assume if you own or could get your hands on more presets it could load them. There are some here that might work. although I haven't tried them. https://rekkerd.org/patches/plug-in/alchemy/
    I think these may also work for the old iPad app.

• edited January 2018

@Reid said:

@realdavidai said:

@Reid said:

Interesting, so the Sonic Foundry people who created ACID (from my hometown of Madison, Wisconsin) didn't move with it when they sold to Sony? They went to Apple? Sonic Foundry (as Sony)kept the same Madison address.

So many DAWs "borrowed" the basic idea of ACID over time.

Yeah I remember when the charismatic inventor of ACID (Chris Moulios) went to Apple many years ago it was a stunner. It wasn’t long after that Apple Loops debuted on Mac...I checked his LinkedIn recently and he’s a Senior iOS Engineer now...that can only mean more greatness coming to iOS

• @Reid said:

@teleb said:

@Reid said:

Not sure about the Mac version, but isn't it worth it to get Logic just for Alchemy? The Computer Music Alchemy Player comes with 249 presets. As you can see it's not the Alchemy you see in Logic, but is more like the iOS one or Synthmaster Player.

I would assume if you own or could get your hands on more presets it could load them. There are some here that might work. although I haven't tried them. https://rekkerd.org/patches/plug-in/alchemy/
    I think these may also work for the old iPad app.

I would say yes since i payed a grand for Alchemy and all it´s preset banks and now you get (nearly) all of them plus new ones for free (or for the price of Logic if you want).
    Add to that some other OUTSTANDING tools like Sculpture, Space Designer, Delay Designer, Amp Designer and 1000 things more you have a value of $5000-10000 or so if you ask me (which no one does :D ) if i compare that to iOS apps, other big DAW´s and things i used.
    Logic is the best value you can get for music (beside free ware of course).....IF you really need all that and make use of this. After years with Logic i began to see the value even more and more (since i also payed just €179 and get still free HUGE updates) and i still learned maybe 5-10% of it and might never need more than 20% of what it can do.
    Back to Logic´s Alchemy....it can do really some impressive stuff, can handle multi layered samples, even you can import whole EXS24 instruments.....even 4 of them per preset, load IR responses into it, resynthesis, morphing, still one of the most versatile modulation systems in a synth and still in a class of it´s own for some FX like the modulation FX i would pay for if i could get that as a FX plug-in.
    Then the snapshot morphings which includes speed of arps, all FX, modulations and a lot more are what i love still the most and no synth can´t really do that (maybe Aparillo now comes close) so nicely.
    But the funny thing is i didn´t used it for months since i have just too many new tools, lol.
    Reminds me to revisit it if i find the time. A lot of my all-time favorite presets were made for it and i used it in all my Galaxyexplorer tracks (when i was an iOS iPhone only musican years ago) since you could import the desktop presets (not all but a lot) into the iOS version....which you can´t do with GarageBand.
    The Martin Walker SteamWorx set is maybe still my favorite synth bank ever made.

• @Reid said:

Well, I got the Current Mac version. LogicProX with Alchemy and all the stuff that comes with it was one of the reasons for me to move to the Mac. Plus that I love playing the Logic Synths with LogicRemote. Feels kind of like still making iPad music :-)

BUT: I was a little disappointed. I assumed that I would find all my favorite sounds of the Alchemy Mobile version and this is not the case. I really do miss some of these sound patches. For example
    5th Bass
    Cascade
    Deep Purple
    Dharma Dirty Bass
    7th Saw
    Desert Guitar
    Didgeridoo Bass
    B33 Sting
    If anyone of you has these patches and is willing to send them to me, he's gonna be my friend forever :) I assume they can be imported in the current Logic version?

Apart from that, €200 for what I got with LogicPro X, that is insane. More than makes up for the price of the MacBook Pro.
    And after 1 year I still feel like I don't need so much more.
    Well I got some additional goodies, but not so much.
    VirtualGuitarist Amber and Sparkle
    Synthmaster
    Some Waves compression and EQ and filter plugins.
    Equator (which was included with the ROLI Songmaker Kit anyway)
    Sampletank 3 ( which was included with the iRig Keys Pro anyway)
    Maybe I'll get me some orchestral stuff some day, maybe not :-)

• @teleb said:

@Reid said:

Well, I got the Current Mac version. LogicProX with Alchemy and all the stuff that comes with it was one of the reasons for me to move to the Mac. Plus that I love playing the Logic Synths with LogicRemote. Feels kind of like still making iPad music :-)

BUT: I was a little disappointed. I assumed that I would find all my favorite sounds of the Alchemy Mobile version and this is not the case. I really do miss some of these sound patches. For example
    5th Bass
    Cascade
    Deep Purple
    Dharma Dirty Bass
    7th Saw
    Desert Guitar
    Didgeridoo Bass
    B33 Sting
    If anyone of you has these patches and is willing to send them to me, he's gonna be my friend forever :) I assume they can be imported in the current Logic version?

Apart from that, €200 for what I got with LogicPro X, that is insane. More than makes up for the price of the MacBook Pro.
    Synthmaster

There are some old presets but under new names too.
    Otherwise i also miss some of my favorites and while it works at the beginning i failed to intall all my old Alchemy 1.55 patches after i tried it again.
    Normally you can use all old presets in the Logic Alchemy too. Not sure how this worked.
    But there is also tons of stuff you can add to Logic for free. I think alone about 3000 presets and 20GB content for Alchemy.
    I also think the Logic patches which you can load in the channel strip (which include multi instruments, FX, busses) are really fantastic.
    GarageBand iOS is really at best 1% of Logic.

• @Cib said:

@teleb said:

@Reid said:

5th Bass
    Cascade
    Deep Purple
    Dharma Dirty Bass
    7th Saw
    Desert Guitar
    Didgeridoo Bass
    B33 Sting

Synthmaster

Otherwise i also miss some of my favorites and while it works at the beginning i failed to intall all my old Alchemy 1.55 patches after i tried it again.
    Normally you can use all old presets in the Logic Alchemy too. Not sure how this worked.
    But there is also tons of stuff you can add to Logic for free. I think alone about 3000 presets and 20GB content for Alchemy.
    I also think the Logic patches which you can load in the channel strip (which include multi instruments, FX, busses) are really fantastic.

I’m hoping that vast library of Alchemy comes in the new GarageBand Online Sound Library. It seems set up for that kind of thing

• @realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@teleb said:

@Reid said:

5th Bass
    Cascade
    Deep Purple
    Dharma Dirty Bass
    7th Saw
    Desert Guitar
    Didgeridoo Bass
    B33 Sting

Synthmaster

I’m hoping that vast library of Alchemy comes in the new GarageBand Online Sound Library. It seems set up for that kind of thing

I‘m sure they will add a few things every update to spread the feeling of regulary free nice tools over a long time.

• @Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@teleb said:

@Reid said:

5th Bass
    Cascade
    Deep Purple
    Dharma Dirty Bass
    7th Saw
    Desert Guitar
    Didgeridoo Bass
    B33 Sting

Synthmaster

I‘m sure they will add a few things every update to spread the feeling of regulary free nice tools over a long time.

Yes...after playing with Logic and Alchemy today, it looks like the GB iOS version of Alchemy is the equivalent of the ‘simple’ tab, I bet there’s an advanced tab coming eventually

• :

Yes...after playing with Logic and Alchemy today, it looks like the GB iOS version of Alchemy is the equivalent of the ‘simple’ tab, I bet there’s an advanced tab coming eventually

Really? You think so? Something ‘advanced' in GB? Alchemy WAS advanced. It was a superb synth hijacked and hobbled to be squirted into a music toy box to give that toy box a veneer of credibility. GB is the music equivalent of painting by numbers.

• @realdavidai said:

The version in MainStage seems to be the full version, for a fraction of what Logic costs. Of course you don't get Logic with it…