Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So, ALCHEMY disappeared last IOS update on iPad...........

Comments

• @brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:
    At least Apple have sort of continued the product instead of snuffing it from the market. That's already quite a gesture when they could have just asked those guys to start working on profitable desktop things.

Sure, but this us good business not altruism.

Well, they were bought by Apple, not by the Peace Corps :D

I still think there would be a market for standalone Alchemy 2 if they charged for it. How difficult would it be to update the Alchemy app to 64 bit? The effort needed to update probably outweighs the disappointment of Apple abandoning the beloved standalone product they purchased as part of Camel Audio.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    AND IT IS BACK TODAY.

So weird.

What is even more weird that it never identified my iConnect products but now it is able to identify my Novation Audiohub inside Alchemy on an area that I never new was on there.

I wish Apple would allow old Camel team to come in and maintain my Alchemy OFFICIALLY and allow IAPs and other upgrades.

I love this app. God it is so good.

There's been a sighting of Camel team in Barbados.

• @InfoCheck said:

@brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:
    At least Apple have sort of continued the product instead of snuffing it from the market. That's already quite a gesture when they could have just asked those guys to start working on profitable desktop things.

I still think there would be a market for standalone Alchemy 2 if they charged for it. How difficult would it be to update the Alchemy app to 64 bit? The effort needed to update probably outweighs the disappointment of Apple abandoning the beloved standalone product they purchased as part of Camel Audio.

I didn't buy it or invest in any soundpacks, but if I had I'd be pretty miffed. Cherry-picking bits for their own closed system, and leaving existing customers without the standalone product they'd paid for isnt the way to instill confidence in the platform as a serious music making tool.

• edited September 2017

@InfoCheck said:
    I still think there would be a market for standalone Alchemy 2 if they charged for it.

>

I'd buy it - again - providing it was reasonably priced and I got access to previously purchased packs.

• I figure software isn’t forever. FWIW, I can still use my original purchase of iOS Alchemy and packs on my old iPad—though I rarely do. Got some great use out of it. After Apple took it over, they gave me a more powerful version of Alchemy for free in Logic, and then a useful synth in iOS GarageBand so, all-in-all, I feel I gained much more than I lost. If I could use the old sound packs in GB, that would be gravy.

• I deleted the app and would never allow it back again. Sold me a product and then made the same product obsolete for monetary gain! Fool me once shame on you, fool me again and it is shame on me.

• @lovadamusic said:
    I figure software isn’t forever. FWIW, I can still use my original purchase of iOS Alchemy and packs on my old iPad—though I rarely do. Got some great use out of it. After Apple took it over, they gave me a more powerful version of Alchemy for free in Logic, and then a useful synth in iOS GarageBand so, all-in-all, I feel I gained much more than I lost. If I could use the old sound packs in GB, that would be gravy.

Adding Alchemy to Logic and GarageBand were positive moves.

Personally, neither Logic nor GarageBand are my DAWs of choice so being able to support Alchemy users who have different workflows by having an independent Alchemy synth app would have been greatly appreciated. It would also have been an opportunity for Apple to get feedback from users of a music app that wasn't linked to the long history of GarageBand so they'd have more insight into the needs of musicians and music app developers on iOS so they could more efficiently address iOS based protocols such as IAA and AU.

• @brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:

You mean Apple doesn't care about the well being of others?

Yes they do!

Ask all those 12 year olds who have jobs in China.

They are helping them all the time.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I still own a desktop license. I wonder if there is a way to export/import from the original application to the iOS app?

Yes.

There is.

There is actually a way to bluetooth sync them.

You can actually play one through the other and vice versa.

Some things I don't understand with all of it, but, I have dug around (behind the wall) and have had luck.

• @InfoCheck said:

@brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:

I agree; there would be a substantial market for standalone Alchemy 2. It is a legendary iOS synth.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@brambos said:

@Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:

You mean Apple doesn't care about the well being of others?

Yes they do!

Ask all those 12 year olds who have jobs in China.

They are helping them all the time.

Laughing out loud, but very sardonically.

• @InfoCheck said:

@lovadamusic said:
    I figure software isn’t forever. FWIW, I can still use my original purchase of iOS Alchemy and packs on my old iPad—though I rarely do. Got some great use out of it. After Apple took it over, they gave me a more powerful version of Alchemy for free in Logic, and then a useful synth in iOS GarageBand so, all-in-all, I feel I gained much more than I lost. If I could use the old sound packs in GB, that would be gravy.

Adding Alchemy to Logic and GarageBand were positive moves.

Personally, neither Logic nor GarageBand are my DAWs of choice so being able to support Alchemy users who have different workflows by having an independent Alchemy synth app would have been greatly appreciated. It would also have been an opportunity for Apple to get feedback from users of a music app that wasn't linked to the long history of GarageBand so they'd have more insight into the needs of musicians and music app developers on iOS so they could more efficiently address iOS based protocols such as IAA and AU.

Would be nice if Apple was more focused on the desires of musicians. Apparently, it's not a priority. Must be a relatively small market for them. They limit their product line and the utility possible. Only they know why, but I suspect it's a conscious decision.

Fortunately for me, I love Logic. Then iOS offers some fantastic additional capabilities. More could be done, but I've got so much to feel deprived.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am thankful that they've provided Alchemy as a free add-on to Garage Band. (And almost-free in Main Stage). But I'm still chaffed over Apple's handling of the Camel Audio buyout... the most troubling, anti-customer thing I've witnessed from a software company in recent memory. (At least since I dealt with Microsoft's strong-arming licensing tactics against schools while working as an education webmaster in the early 00's.)

• I'd love to hear more about this!

@RUST( i )K said:

@Crawlingwind said:
    I still own a desktop license. I wonder if there is a way to export/import from the original application to the iOS app?

Yes.

There is.

Some things I don't understand with all of it, but, I have dug around (behind the wall) and have had luck.

• I don’t understand why this is Apple fault. In any case it’s camel audio’s fault for selling the company. It was a product made under a different company and the company that owns the prduct now it’s in no obligation to keep developing it. That’s how it works right?

• Me too.

@Crawlingwind said:
    I'd love to hear more about this!

@RUST( i )K said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Yes.

There is.

• edited September 2017

@Lacm1993 said:
    I don’t understand why this is Apple fault. In any case it’s camel audio’s fault for selling the company. It was a product made under a different company and the company that owns the prduct now it’s in no obligation to keep developing it. That’s how it works right?

It's Apple fault because they decided to buy Camel Audio and chose to not update the Alchemy app to 64 bit so it could run on iOS 11.

• @Crawlingwind
    @Cemaro

It's possible to add libraries between alchemy desktop and alchemy mobile with the pro upgrade, had to use the wayback machine to get the details, as my memory is hazy on this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150216192008/http://www.camelaudio.com:80/faqs/Alchemy_Mobile/Can_I_load_sounds_created_on_Alchemy_desktop_version_into_Alchemy_Mobile

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I am getting my replacement Air 1 going tonight. 10.3.3 Alchemy sound packs are not there after my restore from backup. Tried many times. Bumming...

I got me an iPad mini 4 with 10.3.3 running as a replacement for my old iPad mini. Had the same problem after restoring from backup. Tried with deleting and reinstalling Alchemy, no chance.
    So I contacted iTunes Support. First reply, contact the developer, yeah great! So I insisted explaining that Apple is now the owner. Yesterday, I got a mail from the Senior Advisor that she will look into it.
    Now this morning I tried again to restore the purchases and it worked!!! At first attempt it would only download some libraries. So I deleted and reinstalled again and yesss...
    I could restore all the sound libraries.
    I'm so happy :))

• @Crawlingwind said:

Well, the OLD way of doing it (before iOS 11) was to take the .camelaudio files from your desktop and load them into Alchemy via iTunes, then import them one by one (banks, not presets). It worked alright, about 80% of the presets made it over, with 20% simply missing some vital part from the desktop version of it. I know this as I've done this on 3 of my iOS devices and I have the full-on desktop version (and the new one for that matter, but not relevant for this).

Having said that, I have now deleted Alchemy on all my iOS devices. They simply didn't start (I did try), but more importantly I had weened myself off using Alchemy Mobile over the last year or so, in preparation for this, as I knew I would upgrade iOS no matter what (security, work etc). It was great whilst it lasted. Onwards, upwards, forward.

• I’m just hoping CamelSpace gets ported to iOS

• @realdavidai said:
    I’m just hoping CamelSpace gets ported to iOS

Well hello there.......

wish in one hand.....

• Well done, Apple. They took a useful, professional, musical program from Windows and crippled it. In IOS the pro version was still useful as a controller but now...... Well done, Apple.

Alchemy is now a toy in Apple’s music toy box.

• @SchragMus said:
    Well done, Apple. They took a useful, professional, musical program from Windows and crippled it. In IOS the pro version was still useful as a controller but now...... Well done, Apple.

Alchemy is the biggest missing hole in my iOS heart till this day.

I don't know why someone hasn't tried anything like it.

Shame

Damn shame.

Better to have love and lost I guess.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:
    Well done, Apple. They took a useful, professional, musical program from Windows and crippled it. In IOS the pro version was still useful as a controller but now...... Well done, Apple.

Shame

Damn shame.

Combine Infinite and SynthMaster and you are quite there. :) Not exactly of course.

• @RUST( i )K just curious: are you on iOS 11?

• @Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:

Shame

Damn shame.

Combine Infinite and SynthMaster and you are quite there. :) Not exactly of course.

I never owned Alchemy before the Apple takeover. Is the current version in GB sonically inferior or is it more about missing synth features? How about the logic version on Mac?

• @realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:

Shame

Damn shame.

I never owned Alchemy before the Apple takeover. Is the current version in GB sonically inferior or is it more about missing synth features? How about the logic version on Mac?

It‘s missing some features and workflow.
    The Logic version is kind of Alchemy v2 and is even far more advanced and i love it.
    But also if Apple adds here even a lot stuff they removed some of my favorite features like importing and using .tun files and waveforms.
    Otherwise it‘s my second favorite tool in Logic.

• @Cib said:

@realdavidai said:

@Cib said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SchragMus said:

Shame

Damn shame.

It‘s missing some features and workflow.
    The Logic version is kind of Alchemy v2 and is even far more advanced and i love it.
    But also if Apple adds here even a lot stuff they removed some of my favorite features like importing and using .tun files and waveforms.
    Otherwise it‘s my second favorite tool in Logic.

Favorite is Sculpture?