Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ripplemaker update!

update already in store - stackable cables, return knob to original setting with double tap, and tempo setting down to 1 added.

Comments

• Got it already ;-)

• edited June 2017

@brambos
    You are remarkable. Please make a sampler next!

• The new update also features @RedSkyLullaby presets. @brambos you work really fast, thank you for making such great products

• Deserves all the accolades. Love this update.

• You are totally the man, Brambos! Thanks a million for this.

• No way. I was thinking that stackable cables would be cool, but I never thought to request that feature. You're a mind reader @brambos !

• @brambos possible visual bug. When I add patch 'output (lpg)' to 'decay start' in this patch it changes the sound but the patch cable is not visible. You can remove it ok after and re-apply it. Maybe I'm using a transparent cable :smile:

Wicked little patch by the way...

• Glad you like it! Have fun!

• Blimey this app sounds sublime, much better in the flesh than hearing the compressed demos, congrats to @brambos :)

• Its a funny synth. But I don't get the point of it. The only sounds it produces are thin leads and thin basses and loads of random clicky drones. It's fun to play around with, but I have no idea how to use it as an instrument.

Has anyone made a song with it? I mean music?

• Well, I guess it takes some time to get in touch. Using multiple instances at the same time combined with Ruismaker sounds pretty awesome. Still quite experimental but I like. It's a solid Investment. Thanks @brambos

• Having fun is kind of the point of modular synths in general ;)

Seriously though, I'm certain you can get quite usable sounds out of it, yet the main objective for me was to make something that forces you out of your usual synth habits and encourages you to be creative with sound in new ways. I.e. not immediately reaching for the filter cutoff knob but try to explore interesting effects in a fun way.

• Well, you nailed it then. B)

• I didn't intuitively figure out how to stack cables in the hour I played today but I can read the manual soon.

• edited June 2017

Plug one cable from lets say LFO sine out to OSC Shape input and a second cable from Fold Input back to LFO sine out.

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    Plug one cable from lets say LFO sine out to OSC Shape input and a second cable from Fold Input back to LFO sine out.

Indeed. That's the easiest way. You can also do it in the other direction, but you have to 'hold' your finger on the output jack just a fraction of a second to let the GUI know you're adding a cable, rather than removing the existing one.

• Strange the user above could only get 'thin' lead and bass sounds. I've only used it on headphones so far, but still very impressed with the low end.

• Having so much fun with this. Last night I got some just insanely deep bass sounds that I can't wait to use in something. I do not know how someone could accuse this synth of sounding "thin".

I almost sort of wish I could flip an option to turn off all of the normalized connections like in Model 15, because sometimes I'll find myself connecting cables and turning knobs like crazy - just hacking at the thing - and I'll get a really cool sound, and save it and go "Ok, how did I do that?", and start ripping everything apart, and then I'll realize that I had really barely changed anything at all with the cabling.

• I think the only people that can accuse the synth being thin are the ones using the Ipads speakers.
    or rubbish earbuds. this thing can shatter eardrums with its bass if you mess with it properly.