Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• any videos on this one?

• Downloaded!

• edited June 2017

sweeeet. this fill a big gap. There's going to be some very happy campers!

• @crifytosp said:

oh my god. am i reading this right ? can you technically do stutter effects and volume gating with it ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@crifytosp said:

oh my god. am i reading this right ? can you technically do stutter effects and volume gating with it ?

MEANINGLESS WITHOUT VIDEO!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@crifytosp said:

Haven't bought it yet. Need to wait a couple hrs before I can. Stupid bank issues :/
    For some reason my card just randomly stopped working. It's happened before so I know it's just a server problem on their end. Will be working again in like 10-12 hrs.
    Sucks so much cause It always happens between 12-9 am. On the flipside it has actually stopped me from drunk!buying some shit I don't need lol.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@crifytosp said:

Audio Damage says their app code is identical to their desktop based VST/AU/AXX so here's a video with the effect on a piano loop.

• edited June 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@crifytosp said:

Actually. Managed to replicate Jacobs rhythmic gating using nothing but RoughRider2.
    Enter all the settings as in the screen below.

Now modulate the sensitivity knob from minimum to max. Instant volume duck.
    The mix knob now controls the depth of the effect. I think I no longer need a sidechain AUx :D

• This app is great. The current version has a bug. When you use it in cubasis and set a preset it won't remember that preset when you close the cubasis project. The preset will always set back to default.

• edited June 2017

@fattigman said:
    The preset will always set back to default.

Are you sure it's setting the preset and not just the name? The name returning to "default" is known behavior, but it shouldn't be changing the values you saved.

I'll be making a video tonight or tomorrow with some basic use cases, so keep an eye on my channels for that. But yes, any video for the plugin will also apply to the AUv3. You can even copy presets across.

Regarding the presets in this particular plugin, I am waiting for JUCE to add an "App Group" folder to the iOS builds. They don't currently have one, but have said it is coming soon. Until it gets added, any presets saved in the AUv3 are only accessible to the AUv3 and vice-versa. I could hack something together, but file operations on iOS are something I just don't know a lot about, and I thought this minor inconvenience while we wait for someone that actually understands that subject to make it would be the wiser play. If it doesn't look like they're going to address it sooner rather than later, we'll get it sorted, of course.

• Some audio examples on the website:

https://www.audiodamage.com/collections/software/products/ad035-grind

(desktop version is same as iOS version)

• roll on iOS 11 made screen captures.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@crifytosp said:

Actually. Managed to replicate Jacobs rhythmic gating using nothing but RoughRider2.

The mix knob now controls the depth of the effect. I think I no longer need a sidechain AUx :D

ooooh, gotta try that.

• edited June 2017

@psychicmonkey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@crifytosp said:

ooooh, gotta try that.

There's a video on my thread:- https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19537/roughrider-2-rhythmic-gate-volume-duck-using-modstep-aum-midisteps

• @Chris Randall said:

@fattigman said:
    The preset will always set back to default.

Are you sure it's setting the preset and not just the name? The name returning to "default" is known behavior, but it shouldn't be changing the values you saved.

Yes you are right it is only the name that is set to "default". I'll be looking forward to your video. Thanks

• I like this for a dose of crazy.

• edited June 2017

@1P18 said:
    Some audio examples on the website:

Hmmm, the bleepy part of the drums is interesting, not into the distortion. The bass though sounds cool, but is that processing the bass sample at the beginning being repeated or is it a morphing bass synth already? I just don't want only a noise fuzzer.

• @AudioGus said:

@1P18 said:
    Some audio examples on the website:

Hmmm, the bleepy part of the drums is interesting, not into the distortion. The bass though sounds cool, but is that processing the bass sample at the beginning being repeated or is it a morphing bass synth already? I just don't want only a noise fuzzer.

I haven't gotten it yet (plan to), but from the description and UI it looks and sounds like you have a substantial amount of control, so that it's not just a straight up noise fuzzer. From the gate threshold at the front end, to the filter at the back end, sounds like you can do quite a bit to take any edge off. That being said, it's pretty clear it has an emphasis on saturation and distortion, maybe with a bit of mangling too.

• Distortion, gating, and filter goodness with some mangling. No stuttering though... it is very nice, though! Looking forward to more from the dev :)

• @skoptic said:
    Distortion, gating, and filter goodness with some mangling. No stuttering though... it is very nice, though! Looking forward to more from the dev :)

I often dream of dating a girl called Marryme Gating-Filter, so what's not to like etc...

• @skoptic said:
    Distortion, gating, and filter goodness with some mangling. No stuttering though... it is very nice, though! Looking forward to more from the dev :)

Yah glad to see a new established, creative outfit entering iOS

• I downloaded Grindr by mistake.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I downloaded Grindr by mistake.

How many kids do you have?

• Please make iPad Pro 12.9 screen optimization for your apps

• @Denzkps said:
    Please make iPad Pro 12.9 screen optimization for your apps

Can't you just use the AU versions ? Should scale automatically.

• @dreamrobe said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    I downloaded Grindr by mistake.

How many kids do you have?

One is plenty!

• @Denzkps said:

@Denzkps said:

That seems more like an Auria Pro bug. Does it do the same in AUM ?