Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare Update: 2.7.4 with AudioBus 3 and lots more ;-)

Comments

• Review updated :)

• Does it still bang on about trash, or can that now be turned off?

• @Zen210507 said:
    Does it still bang on about trash, or can that now be turned off?

once a week notification now instead of every time you open!

• Sweet...now we just need the ability to cut audio not just trim

• High quality Bluetooth audio!

• @hightunnels said:
    High quality Bluetooth audio!

Yea great news cause it sucked not being able to play music at work on our loud Bluetooth setup

• @Halftone said:
    once a week notification now instead of every time you open!

>

Ah well, it's a start.

• The most important thing in this update was the switch to Dropbox API 2, since they will turn off the v1 API in a few days! I also updated all the other third-party SDKs used in the app (including Audiobus).

I think the most popular new features in this update are hi-fi Bluetooth output (thanks to Apple for allowing this for recording-enabled apps since iOS10), and auto-play next. You can now hear your whole album in one go without having to open each and every song :)

• two great features!

• @nic_b_nice said:

@hightunnels said:

Yea great news cause it sucked not being able to play music at work on our loud Bluetooth setup

Actually I was thinking it would be handy to check out a few rough mixes on my bluetooth earbuds while out running but come to think of it, the time might be here to start sharing some of my long-form IVCS3 drone experiments with my coworkers on the iBrick at the office....

• edited June 2017

AB3 auto-launch and control panel start/stop support is really nice. Would be great to see a loop on/off button in the AudioShare control panel.

• edited June 2017

@Empolo said:
    Would be great to see a loop on/off button in the AudioShare control panel.

And sync'd to the start/end of the loop in AUM channel insert, @j_liljedahl! ;)

• @hightunnels said:

@nic_b_nice said:

@hightunnels said:

the time might be here to start sharing some of my long-form IVCS3 drone experiments with my coworkers on the iBrick at the office....

Exactly! Have fun haha

• @j_liljedahl said:

I think the most popular new features in this update are hi-fi Bluetooth output (thanks to Apple for allowing this for recording-enabled apps since iOS10), and auto-play next. You can now hear your whole album in one go without having to open each and every song :)

Thanks so much for this.

• whispers metronome.......

• The file-list doesn't scroll when playing back files one after another and the playback indicator keeps on spinning at the last file on screen. The correct file is played though...

I'd love to see presistent option for measurement mode and hardware gain control in the recorder.

Other than that, thanks for the update :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    whispers metronome.......

I haven't prioritized this, since AudioShare itself has no notion of tempo. You could use any separate metronome app (or AUM of course in case you have it). But sure, it might very well come in a future larger update together with some bigger changes.

@Samu said:
    The file-list doesn't scroll when playing back files one after another and the playback indicator keeps on spinning at the last file on screen. The correct file is played though...

Thanks for the report!

I'd love to see presistent option for measurement mode and hardware gain control in the recorder.

It's a bit tricky to persist those, since it depends on which app is owning the audio session (often the running recording-enabled app that was first started). But yeah, the app could try.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Empolo said:
    Would be great to see a loop on/off button in the AudioShare control panel.

And sync'd to the start/end of the loop in AUM channel insert, @j_liljedahl! ;)

A loop toggle in the AudioShare Audiobus panel would make sense, yes. But not sure what you mean regarding synchronization with AUM? If you have AUM, there's really no reason to use AudioShare for anything but file management and file transfers etc. AUM can already play loops from AudioShare, in perfect sync. :)

• @j_liljedahl said:
    A loop toggle in the AudioShare Audiobus panel would make sense, yes. But not sure what you mean regarding synchronization with AUM? If you have AUM, there's really no reason to use AudioShare for anything but file management and file transfers etc. AUM can already play loops from AudioShare, in perfect sync. :)

Ah yes, I'm not suggesting anything about AudioShare. I'm suggesting a channel insert for AUM that counts in or counts out muting or unmuting of the channel at the beginning/end of the bar (sync'd to Link). That way I can assign a MIDI CC to the insert and the audio will either mute/unmute at the next bar. Make sense?

• @j_liljedahl. So, AudioShare has no notion of tempo but can play loops in AUM in perfect sync.
    I've just started using AUM with some success. Could you explain briefly how to do that?
    Please and thanks.

• whispers metronome.......> @j_liljedahl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    whispers metronome.......

I haven't prioritized this, since AudioShare itself has no notion of tempo. You could use any separate metronome app (or AUM of course in case you have it). But sure, it might very well come in a future larger update together with some bigger changes.

Thanks for the response. I do have AUM (of course :) ), but would still love the simplicity of recording (in time) directly into AS. Here's a self-interested marketing workaround for you: Add a metronome to AS that's only available to folks who also have AUM installed. Have no idea about the technical side of such a thingie, but might encourage sales of both :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Ah yes, I'm not suggesting anything about AudioShare. I'm suggesting a channel insert for AUM that counts in or counts out muting or unmuting of the channel at the beginning/end of the bar (sync'd to Link). That way I can assign a MIDI CC to the insert and the audio will either mute/unmute at the next bar. Make sense?

Ah, ok! Yes indeed. This is actually already on my TODO list :)

• @Ben said:
    @j_liljedahl. So, AudioShare has no notion of tempo but can play loops in AUM in perfect sync.
    I've just started using AUM with some success. Could you explain briefly how to do that?
    Please and thanks.

Tap the source slot in an AUM channel and select "File Player". Then tap this to open its menu where you can load a file. All files in your AudioShare storage will show up (except its "iTunes File Sharing" folder).

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Ben said:
    @j_liljedahl. So, AudioShare has no notion of tempo but can play loops in AUM in perfect sync.
    Please and thanks.

Tap the source slot in an AUM channel and select "File Player". Then tap this to open its menu where you can load a file. All files in your AudioShare storage will show up (except its "iTunes File Sharing" folder).

Perfect. Thanks for the response. AUM has really opened things up for me.