Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy in garageband

Hi all!
I tried the Alchemy in garageband and I really like its sound. Is it possible to send midi to the Alchemy synth? I like to use cubasis for hosting IAA and AU and midi sequencing. I have AB3 but I can't find a way to use Alchemy outside garageband. Thanks.

Comments

• Unfortunately GarageBand can't send audio through AB or IAA, only receive it. It's frustrating but you know how Apple is...

• Ok that sucks. Well thanks anyway

• It would help to review GarageBand mentioning the lack of this feature...
    I gave it 3 stars ( because it also lacks full midi support )

• Ok I will, good point

• Yeah, Apple is charging a fortune for Alchemy. Bastards.

• Free Alchemy! ...as in Free Tibet.

• Is there any way to record the audio out of GB again?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is there any way to record the audio out of GB again?

Not that I know of

• edited June 2017

GarageBand could be such a valuable member of the team... the instruments really do have a lot going for them. But it's such a black hole that I rarely launch it any more. As mentioned, Apple being Apple.

• edited June 2017

Alchemy caused me to re-consider GarageBand and now it's my preferred iOS DAW based on it's balance of features, performance and usability. But it's clearly not for everyone.

• As I was taught on another thread, you can at least trick GarageBand into accepting virtual midi in from some other apps by using the old MidiFlow app and establishing a connection in MF with 'local' at both ends.

• Yep> @JonLewis said:

As I was taught on another thread, you can at least trick GarageBand into accepting virtual midi in from some other apps by using the old MidiFlow app and establishing a connection in MF with 'local' at both ends.

Yep this is simple enough using a Virtual Midi Port in Midi Flow. And of course you can get the audio out of GarageBand at the level of individual tracks (by soloing the Alchemy Track and Sharing the song) so you can use rendered Alchemy tracks but it's a bit of a cumbersome process.

I really wish they'd either re-release Alchemy as a standalone (paid-for) product or make GarageBand instruments respond to MIDI.

It's a shame to have some of best sounds on IOS locked in to a specific DAW

• ? Garageband accepts virtual midi very reliably since forever (just promiscuously, I can't chose just one single channel), I have it doing it for years here..., or did I understand something wrong?

• @animal My question was a bit confusing. What I want is to use Alchemy from outside of garageband and record it for example in cubasis. As @charalew said it's even possible record the audio, but it's way to combersome and it's not worth it. It kills your creativity having to work like that

• Thank you everyone for your answers