Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDImorphosis Audio File Conversion - Tempo Question

@SecretBaseDesign
I got an arp going in Addictive Pro that I liked and wanted to output the midi for it.
I don't think Addictive Pro supports midi out, so as a workaround, I recorded the audio to a file, and opened it in MIDImorphosis to convert it to midi.

The conversion seemed to work, but when when I open the midi file, the tempo information is off.
My .wav file is 91.7 bpm, and the Midi output thinks it's 130.7 bpm, so when I import it into Auria, for example, my 8 bar loop ends up being a little over 11 bars.

I don't see setting in Midimorphosis for tempo. I tried hacking the midi file in a hex editor, changing the embedded tempo value (number of microseconds for a quarter note) to the correct value, but the imported loop is still 11-bars.

Any ideas?

Comments

• What happens if you play the audio from another device?

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    What happens if you play the audio from another device?

Not sure what you mean. Another iOS device, say an iPhone, playing the audio taking the place of a guitar, sending it to an iPad running MIDImorph?

• Right. I wonder if it is a weird bit-rate thing converting importing audio.

If lo-fi works, you know it's the file import.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Right. I wonder if it is a weird bit-rate thing converting importing audio.

If lo-fi works, you know it's the file import.

Oh, good thought, yeah, I'll try that, as well as converting the audio file to another bit-rate (which would be easier,)

• Total guess - I don't have Midimorph, but I'm guessing it's converting audio - wouldn't it be assigning midi events on just the audio - not the song position? Like, you could overdub metronome at 91.7 - conversion would be quantized, but still off. Interested in learning more, will be following along! I know with Live, it's got Beats/Melody options for conversion - use different algorithms depending.