Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Off Topic : But a Cool looking Desk for Musicians

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this already, but just got an email on a new Desk from Output. It's a beauty and reasonably priced considering all it offers you. Anyhoo, not really about iOS music, but hey, we're all musicians here who need the right space to create right :)

https://output.com/products/platform

Comments

• $100 worth of wood from Home Depot and an afternoon to make :) But it is a nice looking desk for those not DIY inclined.

• Yeah, I got that email and was immediately excited then immediately not. It's a cool design, and pretty awesome that Output is making desks now. But yeah....exactly what @Tarekith said.

• edited June 2017

Well now that you have the design go forth and make it :D

Here are the specs

• I approve of this thread.

However I decided a few months back to build my studio around stands rather than a desk. So far I have strong stand meant for sheet music that can hold say a Push, a bunch of volcas and my nano controllers or a Drum machine. A keyboard stand, a bendable tablet stand, a boom stand for the Theremini. Next I think after the success of the the sheet music stand I may get a couple more of them, an laptop stand with the mouse shelf which would be perfect for propping the iphone.
    I need to move house to get it right but essentially the stands make me feel like I'm gigging all the time which is a nice and inspiring set up.

• @echoopera said:

Here are the specs

The question is....do you have any blueprints for this?? Also the other question is...forget the blueprints, do you just have $1,850 you can give me???? o:)

• edited June 2017

@echoopera said:

Here are the specs

Great design! If you DIY'd one, you'd want to use cabinet grade plywood, which gets pricey. Be nice to have a track saw for a project like that, with lots of odd angles; they supposedly do better than a skilsaw, at not tearing out little chips as they cut.

• edited June 2017

Using a piece of thick cardboard clamped on the front and back of the plywood as you cut it will help keep it from chipping too. As will using a shallower blade depth. I learned a lot of tricks building my own studio desk :)

http://innerportalstudio.com/the-desk-job/