Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ruismaker multiout drumrack INFINITE LOOPER

Hey guys. Thought I'd make a variation of my rack for those of you using iPhones or if you prefer Infinite Looper. Requires AUM, Ab3 , Midiflow Adapter and Midiflow Scales.

Set the drum channel to output to midiflow adapter port one. Notes c3-g3 will trigger each Ruismaker.

Mind you the preset is a Bit buggy. You will have to do tap to fix multiple times for some of the AUM midi channels. But it will eventually work.
You can grab it here:-
Audiobus preset 'Ruismaker Multi Drumrack INFINITE LOOPER': http://preset.audiob.us/qLLnmEsdHUGTDiI

Please make sure that your Ruismaker is set to the default Black notes only setting. If you changed it to use GM mapping you will have to change it back to the default.

Don't own an iPhone so cannot really test it but feel free to ask me for help if you need.

Comments

• Might be worth noting that in order for those 'notes' to work Ruismaker has to be set to us GM mapping in the preferences.

• edited June 2017

@Samu said:
    Might be worth noting that in order for those 'notes' to work Ruismaker has to be set to us GM mapping in the preferences.

I didn't make any changes at all to The default settings. That's what the midiflow scales filters and AUM transpose are for. iOS 10 broke GM midi for multiple Ruismakers. Only the first instance uses GM midi while the rest use the default black keys only setting. @brambos confirmed this bug. So I worked around it. You definitely should not turn that setting on since it will break my drumrack. I'm basically converting Gm midi into the black keys only notes while separating them into each separate instance.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Samu said:
    Might be worth noting that in order for those 'notes' to work Ruismaker has to be set to us GM mapping in the preferences.

I didn't make any changes at all to The default settings. That's what the midiflow scales filters and AUM transpose are for. iOS 10 broke GM midi for multiple Ruismakers.

To be precise, it seems to have broken the standard iOS preferences handling for AU Extensions (or perhaps for all extension types, I didn't test) beyond the first instance. I'm still looking for a way around that.

It always required a weird workaround to get it working the first place but starting with iOS 10 it seems Apple have decided it's not supposed to be possible :#

• edited June 2017

@brambos said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Samu said:

I didn't make any changes at all to The default settings. That's what the midiflow scales filters and AUM transpose are for. iOS 10 broke GM midi for multiple Ruismakers.

To be precise, it seems to have broken the standard iOS preferences handling for AU Extensions (or perhaps for all extension types, I didn't test) beyond the first instance. I'm still looking for a way around that.

It always required a weird workaround to get it working the first place but starting with iOS 10 it seems Apple have decided it's not supposed to be possible :#

Lucky for me that was never going to actually stop me :p I can repurpose this rack in all sorts of ways. Next up I'm going to get future drummer to drive it :D

Btw. I cleaned up my other 2 modstep presets a bit. Having aum have its audio sent to ab3 used to make it fail on load sometimes so I just removed it completely. Ab3 is only used for midi now. You can grab the new variants on my other thread :)

• I have both AB2 & 3 installed & the preset will only load into 2. Do I really have to remove AB2 to make this load into 3?

• @baldguru said:
    I have both AB2 & 3 installed & the preset will only load into 2. Do I really have to remove AB2 to make this load into 3?

I think so. When having both installed ab3 can get a bit wierd. I'd just move all the presets over and use ab3 only for now. The newest beta has elminated the soundcard issues that used to be there before. So if that's the reason why you're still using ab2 just ask them admins to add you to the ab3 beta.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@baldguru said:
    I have both AB2 & 3 installed & the preset will only load into 2. Do I really have to remove AB2 to make this load into 3?

I think so. When having both installed ab3 can get a bit wierd. I'd just move all the presets over and use ab3 only for now. The newest beta has elminated the soundcard issues that used to be there before. So if that's the reason why you're still using ab2 just ask them admins to add you to the ab3 beta.

I was afraid of that, thanks!

• @baldguru said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@baldguru said:

I was afraid of that, thanks!

Keep me informed whether it works for you. As I don't have an iPhone I cannot really test if it works.