Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis export problem

Hi all!
Recently I've been having problems with exporting mixdown files from cubasis. Nothing happens when I choose to export. It doesn't matter if I choose audioshare, google drive, audio copy or dropbox. Anyone had the same problem?
Thanks.

Comments

• What kind of problems or effects?

• As with all these kind of 'troubleshoot issues' it would be helpful to know the Device and iOS version that is used.
    (As an example iPad AIr 2, iOS10.3.2).

I've not bumped into any issues exporting mixdowns from Cubasis.

• edited June 2017

I have ipad pro with the latest ios version. I restarted the ipad couple of times but the problems were still there. After about 1 hour I started to see audioshare, google drive and dropbox open. It was like it has been in some event queue and now the events get cpu time. After that, the export started working again. The cubasis peoject is not that big and the mixdown wav file was 50mb. I don't know what caused the problem.

• @fattigman said:
    I have ipad pro with the latest ios version. I restarted the ipad couple of times but the problems were still there. After about 1 hour I started to see audioshare, google drive and dropbox open. It was like it has been in some event queue and now the events get cpu time. After that, the export started working again. The cubasis peoject is not that big and the mixdown wav file was 50mb. I don't know what caused the problem.

Hi fattgiman,

It sounds like the issue was intermittent and now has been solved by itself, correct?

If you stumble on it once more, please provide us with the exact steps how to reproduce the problem.
    In that case, please file a bug report to our forum at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.

Best,
    Lars

• Hi Lars!
    Yes it working fine now. It has happend twice for me. Next time it happens (if there'll be another next time) I will file a bug report.
    Thank you!

• edited September 2017

I have not exported anything for a while and today I had the same problem again. I link to a video to show what did. It's from a fresh rebbot. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m0ugfucnesz7nd/Fil 2017-09-14 11 45 20.mov?dl=0
    I have posted a bug report in the Cubasis forum too.
    Thanks

• @LFS
    Hi Lars I am experiencing something very similar to this at the moment and can easily reproduce it with my project......I believe it is either related to heavy CPU useage or a conflict with one of my used AUv3 FX...

If I try and export audio from the Mediabay using 'Open In' then the selected app does not appear until I open an empty Cubasis project, then the requested app will open...and the export happens.

I'll report it on the forums, just posting here as others seem to have similar issue.

• @AndyPlankton yes the workaround works. I opened an empty project and then it worked. Thanks man

• @fattigman said:
    @AndyPlankton yes the workaround works. I opened an empty project and then it worked. Thanks man

:) You're welcome...hopefully they can find and fix it....although this works, it is a pain if you are exporting multiple bits of audio from your project.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @LFS
    Hi Lars I am experiencing something very similar to this at the moment and can easily reproduce it with my project......I believe it is either related to heavy CPU useage or a conflict with one of my used AUv3 FX...

If I try and export audio from the Mediabay using 'Open In' then the selected app does not appear until I open an empty Cubasis project, then the requested app will open...and the export happens.

I'll report it on the forums, just posting here as others seem to have similar issue.

Hi Andy, Hi fattigman,

Thanks for reporting the issue in our forum.

@ Andy
    As replied in the forum, please share the project with the steps required to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @AndyPlankton @fattigman
    Thanks again for sharing the project plus example video.
    I've created a report in our bugbase and shared the information within the team.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    @AndyPlankton @fattigman
    Thanks again for sharing the project plus example video.
    I've created a report in our bugbase and shared the information within the team.

Best,
    Lars

Thanks Lars :)

• @AndyPlankton @LFS this bug is still in the 2.3 release. The workaround with opening an empty project before exporting no longer works. I think the problem occurs when the project is big. So the only way that works for me to export a file when working with a large project is this:
    1 open an empty project
    2 close cubasis
    3 open cubasis which will open the empty project
    4 export file
    Note that I can not export after step 1 which I could before version 2.3
    Thanks

• @fattigman said:
    @AndyPlankton @LFS this bug is still in the 2.3 release. The workaround with opening an empty project before exporting no longer works. I think the problem occurs when the project is big. So the only way that works for me to export a file when working with a large project is this:
    1 open an empty project
    2 close cubasis
    3 open cubasis which will open the empty project
    4 export file
    Note that I can not export after step 1 which I could before version 2.3
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up

• @fattigman How big are the projects you are working on? I am wondering if I am anywhere near encountering a similar problem. I am thinking probably not. I don't think my projects get so big, but I do use a lot of duplicate tracks with different effects sometimes.

• Hi fattigman, Thanks for your message. Are you able to provide me with the steps (or a short video) and the project itself, to have the issue evaluated and being able to comment? Please upload the files via Dropbox and let me have the download link via Dropbox. Thanks Lars

• @CracklePot It's actually very big, but in my project I have 4 vocal tracks, 9 instrument tracks. Most tracks are frozen without any effects. Then I apply effects on the frozen tracks. I also have 4 tracks midi with no instruments loaded. These tracks are frozen already and I unloaded the instruments to lower cpu usage. So it's not very big I would say.

• Additionally, please give offline rendering a try, to be found in the setup/mixdown section. Some 3rd party plug-ins require the option to be enabled. Thanks Lars

• @LFS I'll do it after work :smile:

• @fattigman Thanks for the details. That doesn't sound very big to me either. Plus you are freezing everything, so I wouldn't expect the weirdness with rendering. Curious to hear how the offline rendering goes.

• Here are the steps for offline rendering:

• Go to setup/Mixdown / Share
    • Activate real-time mixdown and freeze

Please let me have your feedback!

Best,
    Lars

• @CracklePot said:
    @fattigman Thanks for the details. That doesn't sound very big to me either. Plus you are freezing everything, so I wouldn't expect the weirdness with rendering. Curious to hear how the offline rendering goes.

"Big" always depends on the instruments/effects included.
    If we're talking nine CPU demanding AU instruments, plus various external effects, this can easily lead to heavy processor load. Same way, external plug-ins can always bring up unforeseeable issues...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS Beyond freezing tracks, what else can you do to lighten the load?

• @CracklePot said:
    @LFS Beyond freezing tracks, what else can you do to lighten the load?

Hi CracklePot,

When performance was more of an issue, we've released an article back in 2014.
    While some information might be outdated or require to be updated, it still contains lots of useful information:
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=53869

Best,
    Lars

• edited November 2017

@LFS said:
    Hi fattigman, Thanks for your message. Are you able to provide me with the steps (or a short video) and the project itself, to have the issue evaluated and being able to comment? Please upload the files via Dropbox and let me have the download link via Dropbox. Thanks Lars

Lars you already have this logged as a bug via the forum and files I previously sent you. CB 3932

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Lars you already have this logged as a bug via the forum and files I previously sent you. CB 3932

Hi Andy, CB-3932 was about an intermittent project sharing issue.

Best,
    Lars

• Is the export problem solved somehow? It's quite an issue when trying to make a decision to buy an iPad...