Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Restoring back up to new iPad?

2»

Comments

• Thelatest iTunes no longer transfers purchases. So no local backup.

The thing with iBooks is annoying, though. Apple can make their Mail App retain settings and restore content. So why not the same deal for iBooks?

• @Zen210507 said:
    Thelatest iTunes no longer transfers purchases. So no local backup.

The thing with iBooks is annoying, though. Apple can make their Mail App retain settings and restore content. So why not the same deal for iBooks?

I didn't mean transfer purchases. i meant actually download on the pc/mac itself.
    I do it all the time. have local backups of every app i own. and when an app gets removed from the store i backup its .ipa on my dropbox so i can reinstall it whenever. the .ipa files are forever linked to your itunes account. long after its been removed from the store. i recently installed "firo" even though its been removed from the store almost a year ago.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I didn't mean transfer purchases. i meant actually download on the pc/mac itself.

>

Oh, I see what you mean. I'll give that a go. ;)

• You can use official way to restore iPhone from iTunes backup, but there is one shortcoming that you take a risk of losing all the data. To avoid this headache issue, you can check this guide: how do I restore my iPhone from iCloud.

• Remember that if you do a restoring to factory setting, you'll be forced (as far I know), updating to the lastest iOS compatible version with your device.

• tjatja
    edited November 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    actually. if you have all the apps downloaded already in your itunes on the pc/mac it installs the local backups when you restore. did not have to download any apps at all. its the main reason i buy/download all my apps through itunes. plus i can reinstall apps that have been removed from the store as well this way.

How do you do this?

I have one App that i accidentially upgraded and would like to go down to the version i have already downloaded earlier with iTunes.

But i just have no idea how to install from iTunes.

When i select "App" in iTunes, it shows "Install" on all Apps that are not installed on the iPad and "Remove" for all Apps that are installed.

But when i select "Install" for this App, the display changes and any and all App of my iPad seem to get deleted in this case (as seen in the overview, the "Apps" part just drops to nearly zero).

Then there is "Synchronize", but i have not idea what i may do, but fear that i will change things on the iPad, which it shall not do - just install that single App.

I normally never do things with iTunes. I still have 12.6.2.20 installed.
    I just used it do download all Apps for such a case ... but now i am helpless ... as most of the time with Apple :(

And i am a computer-guy, working with Unix and high availability since nearly 30 years.

• Nobody knows?

:)

:#

• edited November 2017

@tja said:
    And i am a computer-guy, working with Unix and high availability since nearly 30 years.

>

I also have lots of experience in IT, and defeating the Apple trap is still an arcane thing to me. I believe you need access to the original files, which may be hard to get unless you saved them via Mac. No doubt others here can suggest what exactly to do.

In the mean time, I can recommend a Mac app called iMazing 2. Buy from their own site, as it isn’t allowed on the Mac App Store for obvious reasons. You will never need to use iTunes for backup/restore again.

• @Cocestrable said:
    You can use official way to restore iPhone from iTunes backup, but there is one shortcoming that you take a risk of losing all the data. To avoid this headache issue, you can check this guide: how long does it take to restore an iPhone.

I really really think it's too slow to restore backups from iTunes and iCloud.

• Maybe you could try Mobikin Assistant for iOS,which can help you transfer your backup files to new iPad without hassle.

• Many thanks, @Deleted User and @Alice!
    Going to check both applications, even as I am PC- not Mac-based :)