Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ModStep bugs and new features

2»

Comments

• @Turntablist said:
    Modstep support hahahaha, classic.

I heard it is as good as the touchable one

• Sometimes I do wonder why I reply to every customer query in a fraction of a millisecond, while lots of developers apparently get away with not replying at all, at all 😂 IMHO Apple should have a talk with their parents.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Sometimes I do wonder why I reply to every customer query in a fraction of a millisecond, while lots of developers apparently get away with not replying at all, at all 😂 IMHO Apple should have a talk with their parents.

Well if you wanted to make a modstep replacement I, for one, would be very interested.... 😉

• Does the same issue happen if you copy one track to another?

FWIW, until the update is released just learn to work within the limitations of Modstep. I use it fairly regularly in this manner and it brings me a lot of joy.

It’s kind of like driving an old MG or Fiat Spider. While it might not be used as a daily beater, it’s great fun on those coastal road trips with the wife 😬👊🏼™️

• @aplourde said:

@SevenSystems said:
    Sometimes I do wonder why I reply to every customer query in a fraction of a millisecond, while lots of developers apparently get away with not replying at all, at all 😂 IMHO Apple should have a talk with their parents.

Well if you wanted to make a modstep replacement I, for one, would be very interested.... 😉

I'm not a "Live Guy", so I wouldn't have an exact idea (or any at all) of how to implement and conceptualize everything. So that's a no go. Thanks though 🙂

• @SevenSystems said:

I know which Developer I'll be continuing to support. :)

• @echoopera said:
    Does the same issue happen if you copy one track to another?

The issue is with exporting. I.e. copying internally is fine, but if you want to take something from one session and export / import into another you're faced with two options that are both buggy:

1- use "internal" clips. Here the notes are preserved, but the CCs are lost.
    2- export as MIDI. This is a lot more tedious to use, but also would allow you to use the MIDI in other apps. Here you do get CCs, but there are additional points added in that make all ramps between two points into steps with three points.

As modulation is part of what modstep excels at (and it's part of the name!) that's a big shame.

• @SevenSystems said:

@aplourde said:

@SevenSystems said:

I'm not a "Live Guy", so I wouldn't have an exact idea (or any at all) of how to implement and conceptualize everything. So that's a no go. Thanks though 🙂

Happy to write a design brief... and hold your hand through the process... just sayin'.... ;)

I mean, a Live Session view version of Xequence would be a thing of beauty!