Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.6 update released to Apple

Hello all,

We have delivered the Cubasis 1.6 update to apple.
We hope it will be available some time next week.

Please follow the link bellow for the official announcement:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=47011

Some of the new features are:

• New pristine audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)*
  • Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project's sample rate and bit depth.
  • Up to 24 assignable physical outputs
  • Assignable metronome output and pan
  • MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
  • Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
  • Register Cubasis at MySteinberg!
  • for 96kHz we recommend the iPad 4

Best regards,
GN

Comments

• I like to know more about this part:

• Audio input and MIDI connections panel have been combined to the routing panel (both available for audio and MIDI tracks in the inspector).

If I understand I can combine Audio+Midi when I use midi for record a Synth App from Audiobus??

• Interesting! :-) Looking forward to this! :-)

• MIDI Clock latency compensation slider...

Good to see them add this...something we touched on before with Jesse from thumbjam.

• More detail on the release:

Hi @ all,

Cubasis 1.6 is just around the corner. Here is the complete list of what's new:

NEW FEATURES

• New pristine audio engine with extended sample rates (44.1/48/96kHz) and bit rates (16/24-bit)*
    • Real-time playback of arbitrary audio file formats (44.1/48/96kHz and 16/24/32 bit) independently of the project's sample rate and bit depth.
    • Up to 24 assignable physical outputs
    • Assignable metronome output and pan
    • MIDI Clock latency compensation slider
    • Audio input gain adjustment option for audio interfaces and external microphones
    • Register Cubasis at MySteinberg!
      *IMPORTANT: for 96kHz playback/recording we strongly recommend the iPad 4!

IMPROVEMENTS

• Audio engine improvements (audio rendering has been accelerated by a factor of 1.5x to 2.5x).
    • Autoscroll will no longer be activated when all events of a song are visible.
    • Audio input and MIDI connections panel have been combined to the routing panel (both available for audio and MIDI tracks in the inspector).
    • It is now possible to use special characters to name events, tracks and projects
    • Allen Morgan demo song now available on iPad Mini as well
    • Latest Audiobus SDK update

SOLVED ISSUES
    CB-1211 Micrologue's mod wheel position will now be saved with the project.
    CB-1252 Fixed a rare phenomenon where Cubasis stucked in the launch screen.
    CB-1298 Zooming on huge MIDI events no longer render Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-1227 The knob movement behaviour for Micrologue has been optimised.
    CB-1269 Solves an issue where working with a larger amount of tracks could lead to a misplacement of the effect popup in the mixer.
    CB-1273 Copy and paste of MIDI notes in the editor now works as expected.
    CB-1302 Pitch wheel movements of Microsonic during playback will no longer be ignored.
    CB.1315 Fixes a rare phenomenon where stuttering occured when the cursor jumped from end to start position in cycle mode.
    CB-1254 Dragging instruments or presets from the Mediabay onto a track now work as expected.
    CB-1281 Solves a rare problem where importing a MIDI file rendered Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-1277 The key editor scaling has been corrected for all Allen Morgan Signature drum kits.
    CB-1297 Changes of audio events in cycle mode will now be played back correctly.

KNOWN ISSUES

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
    Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
    Hamburg, Germany

• I also just gathered this news:

Postby crohde » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:05 am

Automation is the next big chunk we are going to tackle! :mrgreen:
    Best regards,

Carlos Mendoza Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
    Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
    Hamburg, Germany
    Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
    crohde

• I was hoping the solo/mute issue would have been fixed in 1.6. That's the issue when if you solo a track, tracks that are muted at the time of the solo event get unmuted when you unsolo the solo'd track. It would be nice if muted tracks "remembered" that they were muted. I use soloing quite a bit now when I have Cubasis in the input and output Audiobus slots and and an effects processor app in the effects slot. It's a pain having to remember which tracks were muted with 20+ total tracks.

• Not only solo will unmute all tracks but also bouncing or freezing.Very annoying.And sometimes i press the freeze button just by accident.But if i understand it right it seems they fixed some other really annoying bugs.Can't wait to try it out...

• edited September 2013

@Cheesesteak Have you posted this in the Cubasis forum? I'm wondering if they are even aware of the issue. Your concern sounds valid to me.

@Crabman This too needs to be brought to Steinberg's attention!

Steinberg has been listening very well to any bug reports that users are finding. Post to the Cubasis forum on their website so that they can become aware of these things! :-)

• edited September 2013

I learned about the solo/mute thing in this forum soon after I first bought Cubasis v1.4. Or maybe it was the Steinberg forum. I don't remember which but I know I read about it before I ran into it. I assumed that it had already been submitted to Steinberg before I had even bought Cubasis.

• I haven't really dug into Cubasis to much but can you all tell me real quick if it has automation yet? The last time I checked it didn't but that was a few versions ago.

• It is coming in the next update. If you read a few posts up, I included the actual quote from Steinberg. It will likely be in version 1.7 which will be the next version. :-)

• edited September 2013

No automation yet, but the Dev says it will this year.

• Cool. I think that is the thing that has kept me from really digging in.

• Glad I didn't go for it. I mute and solo a lot because I'm a total wanker.

• @audiojunkie:i wrote the "solobug"among other stuff (combined with other people)the first time around 6-7 months ago into the steinberg forum.And almost EVERYBODY was asking for automation all the time and only a very few cried for 24/96.And they delivered:a synth nobody was asking for and that cannot stand to all the beautiful synths audiobus gave us.And now we get 24/96 but most of us can not use it because we record our stuff thru audiobus...Don't get me wrong i really appreciate the effort steinberg put into it.I just replied to the"steinberg is listening".BUT:i'm not a developer and i can imagine that it makes more sense to change the audioengine first before they put automation in so.Less work at the end instead of working double maybe?Anyway,with automation a little better effects (or at least with more control options!!)and bugs sorted out...thats all i want from this software.The workflow is amazing,i love it to death :)

• I may be wrong, but wouldnt automation put more stress on the audio engine? If I'm right, that might be their reasoning to boost the audio engine first. Wouldn't it?

• You may very well have hit the nail on the head! It would make sense to improve efficiency before adding something that might be intensive! That would explain the development decisions too!

• @mgmg4871:that's exactly what i tried to say with the second part of my last post but maybe my english was not good enough :)

• audio rendering has been accelerated by a factor of 1.5x to 2.5x).

Does this mean it is 1.5x to 2.5x faster at reading/playing back audio or that much faster in rendering audio mix downs?

• edited September 2013

I really hope it means the overall handling (hello undo function that takes a breakfast before it decide to gimme my old status back).I also would like to avoid the low res waveforms but it's impossible in bigger projects (on an ipad 4).Things getting too sluggish then...

I don't care about faster mixdowns only...

• I believe it translates to more track polyphony.....but I could be wrong.

• i never run into polyphony issues but i don't use the internal sounds that much.Besides the drums.the new drums are quite nice and enough to have a good starting point.