Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT- Kontact 5 crossgrade

I can crossgrade to kontact 5 for $124.50. Seems like a good deal for what all you get. Plus I can use a few extra libraries I have snagged for free over the years without the 15 minute time limit.

Any users out there have it and would recommend it?

Comments

• YES!!!!!! It is great for all the libraries you can use with it, and it is also very easy to drag samples onto it and build your own Kontakt instruments.

• Yes, grab it. You won't get it cheaper. So much free or cheap good libraries out there where you need the full Kontakt.

• That's how I got it two years ago. In terms of power, it runs circles around something like SampleTank 3. Watching some tutorials on YouTube can show you what I mean. The only reason I can think of to not get it, is that you already have more sounds than you could possibly use. Of course, people that believe things like that don't hang out on a forum like this.

• If you haven't already, check out Exhale for Kontakt. Superb voice emulation.

BTW, I wish there was a Kontakt for IOS.

• edited June 2017

the DrumMic'a PlugIn from Sennheiser is also very good (and for free), brilliant sound, lots of options there

Native Instruments is also givin' a 50 % discount for the Komplete Bundles this month (for existing customers only), big bang for the buck, I'm gonna get me the regular version the next days

• I would go for it. Was very tempted to go for a couple of upgrades that would have meant I got Komplete 11 for a bargain price but narrowly missed it due to illness last week. Kicking myself now. Their tools are very, very deep for exploring sound design and performance.

• @gmslayton said:
    I can crossgrade to kontact 5 for $124.50. Seems like a good deal for what all you get. Plus I can use a few extra libraries I have snagged for free over the years without the 15 minute time limit.

Any users out there have it and would recommend it?

If you have the money , get it now ! Hopefully we will see Kontakt on iOS when iPads have a 256 minimum storage space ...

• @5pinlink said:
    Keep in mind you can get the update deal even without owning any NI products yet, the Drumica from Sennheiser is free and actually qualifies for deals ;)

Nice tip @5pinlink !

With that deal I could get kontakt for £104 +- then upgrade to Komplete 11 for another £159. I also think I have a £22 e-voucher so will get the full Komplete 11 at close to half price. That's better than the deal I was looking at before. Thank you

• @Jocphone said:

@5pinlink said:
    Keep in mind you can get the update deal even without owning any NI products yet, the Drumica from Sennheiser is free and actually qualifies for deals ;)

Nice tip @5pinlink !

With that deal I could get kontakt for £104 +- then upgrade to Komplete 11 for another £159. I also think I have a £22 e-voucher so will get the full Komplete 11 at close to half price. That's better than the deal I was looking at before. Thank you

Voucher never works with sales.
    But hell, i order too the boxed version for 124,50. Passed it last year...this year it is. Don't need any of the content but the full Kontakt is for sure worth the money. Kontakt 6 will come too in near future.
    Alone all the very good free stuff and user libraries you can get is worth 1000's.

• @Cib said:

@Jocphone said:

@5pinlink said:

Nice tip @5pinlink !

But hell, i order too the boxed version for 124,50. Passed it last year...this year it is. Don't need any of the content but the full Kontakt is for sure worth the money. Kontakt 6 will come too in near future.
    Alone all the very good free stuff and user libraries you can get is worth 1000's.

Still a steal without the e-voucher. Have recently upgraded Reaktor 6 but Kontakt, Absynth, Battery, FM8 plus the huge stash of other content is going to keep my busy for a long, long time.

• @5pinlink said:

@Cib said:

@Jocphone said:

@5pinlink said:

Nice tip @5pinlink !

Kontakt 6 is a long ways off, was supposed to be released last year but apparently it is getting a ground up rewrite, so i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to appear any time soon.

You mean longer than BM3? :D
    Yes, from threads on the NI forum and KVR i think it could be some time. I just mean i could upgrade for a good price too then (if that is worth the new options).
    However, Kontakt is still the most advanced sampler. It really can handle super large sample libraries.
    UVI Falcon is great too but it´s a bit slow compared to Kontakt (but a few of my most favorite libraries are for the UVI engine like Attack EP88, Bohemian Violin and Cello, will buy the Viola as well if that will be released).
    UVI Falcon and Kontakt are the only samplers i use. There is also Halion 6 but i don´t like it (what about an iOS version dear Steinberg).

• @5pinlink said:
    IOS version wont happen any time soon, samplers access storage a lot, and not just for initial loading, the amount of "You killed my iPad" complaints would be never ending as internal storage started to fail a lot quicker than it should, SSD has a limited amount of read/writes, and internal is non replaceable.
    It is far from a viable platform for multiGB sample banks.

Beyond that you wont get anything other than toys for IOS from NI, look at the trash they have out already, Traktor DJ that is a complete joke and not far from being the worst DJ app on IOS, compared to Traktor desktop, which is a little out of date now because sales of the S5/8 were so low, and content supply via remix packs and stems also so low, that NI have to have a rethink.
    And that horrific mess that is iMaschine, seriously, they actually released that thing under the Maschine name, I love desktop Maschine for starting a song, but iMaschine is beyond ridiculous, and with apps like BM3 coming along with more features than desktop Maschine, you have to know exactly what NI thinks of IOS users for releasing that stuff.

Yes, that is true indeed. I think BM3 will be the closest thing to those samplers but still a long way for similar libraries. It´s mainly just multi-sampled stuff with some FX and modulations.
    Yes, scripting engines on the software side and RAM, read and write speed of SSD on the hardware side would be a problem too. Maybe the only things where the new macbooks pro are really really good. The SSD are freaking fast.
    But i also run some large Kontakt libraries from my extern SSD via USB-3 which should be slower than the new iPad Pro´s internal flash.

• edited June 2017

I just got Komplete Standard for slightly under 400€. It's possible by buying Select then immediately upgrading (199€ + 199,50€). Very pleased so far.

• Bought it. I will let you know later how I feel. Had to free up 100gb of space on my HD to get it installed.

• @gmslayton said:
    Bought it. I will let you know later how I feel. Had to free up 100gb of space on my HD to get it installed.

Me too, thanks for the reminder. Now mulling the 50% discount on upgrading to Komplete 11..

• @Jocphone said:

@gmslayton said:
    Bought it. I will let you know later how I feel. Had to free up 100gb of space on my HD to get it installed.

Me too, thanks for the reminder. Now mulling the 50% discount on upgrading to Komplete 11..

Do you get all the Kontact stuff included in Komplete 11?

@5pinlink said:

Could you use this with Komplete 11? What would the deal be?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@gmslayton said:

@5pinlink said:

I have bought Kontakt with @5pinlink 's drummica tip, cost £104 and now I can crossgrade to komplete 11 for £159.

• edited June 2017

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@gmslayton said:

@5pinlink said:

I have bought Kontakt with @5pinlink 's drummica tip, cost £104 and now I can crossgrade to komplete 11 for £159.

Would this still work for me as I've never owned Kontakt?

This is seriously tempting (just watching the vids). It'd mean no iPad apps for at least a year but there's enough in Komplete to keep me going for the next ten years...

• For the sake of others, as I have PMed you a more detailed response, yes you can get this deal without owning any NI software previously.

And I couldn't agree more on the ten years statement, been playing with Reaktor 6 and it is completely bonkers.

• I am looking around my room at what else I could sell to raise a quick $199 to get Komplete 11.

• edited June 2017

@5pinlink said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@gmslayton said:

@5pinlink said:

Would this still work for me as I've never owned Kontakt?

This is seriously tempting (just watching the vids). It'd mean no iPad apps for at least a year but there's enough in Komplete to keep me going for the next ten years...

Actually it is surprising how quickly Komplete becomes just a tool, a lot of the sample libraries are very very esoteric, the effects plugins very quickly just became my go tos and as such are seriously unexciting, just used every day haha
    The synths plugins are goid but i have pretty much already replaced all the ones i used to use.
    But having said all that, after a few days it is just tools except for Reaktor, its and absolute beast and worth the update for me.

I use the 'free' versions I got with Maschine in Logic - GuitarRig in particular is very useful (though not the full version) and that's become my 'go to' effect for adding a bit of dirt to live bass guitar. They also threw in a free (full) version of Massive a few years ago, which was nice of them.

I probably wouldn't use Kontakt so much, but I really want to get my hands on Absynth and Reaktor, and some of the other included synthy bits. As I said to @Jocphone that lot would keep me occupied for years. It'd mean pulling back on app purchases, but considering price hikes and some recent disappointments maybe it's a better investment. Particularly when I see things like this:

And it's my birthday soon...

Costing up the apps on my 'wishlist', it's probably the same as the Komplete upgrade.

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah Reaktor is off the chain, another little tidbit that people dont know (not sure if it applies to Komplete or just Ultimate) maschine v2 update is free with the update too, so if you have a 1.8 licence its an even better deal.

Hmmm...just looking at this: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/maschine-accessories/maschine-2.0-software-update/ and it says "Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT" - I wonder if that would give me the upgrade path to Komplete that you can buy here: https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/24175/virtual-instruments-softsynths/native-instruments-komplete-11-upgrade-from-komplete-select

That would make the total purchase of Komplete less than £200.

• @MonzoPro said:

@5pinlink said:
    Yeah Reaktor is off the chain, another little tidbit that people dont know (not sure if it applies to Komplete or just Ultimate) maschine v2 update is free with the update too, so if you have a 1.8 licence its an even better deal.

Hmmm...just looking at this: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/maschine-accessories/maschine-2.0-software-update/ and it says "Includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT" - I wonder if that would give me the upgrade path to Komplete that you can buy here: https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/24175/virtual-instruments-softsynths/native-instruments-komplete-11-upgrade-from-komplete-select

Good find @MonzoPro !

On the Komplete 11 update page, Maschine 2 is one of the pieces of software you can update from. Update your Maschine to 2.0 for £44 then you get to do the upgrade for £159, £203! not bad at all.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@5pinlink said:

Good find @MonzoPro !

On the Komplete 11 update page, Maschine 2 is one of the pieces of software you can update from. Update your Maschine to 2.0 for £44 then you get to do the upgrade for £159, £203! not bad at all.

Blimey. I need to dig out my NI logins and maybe email them to confirm, but if this is doable then it'd be silly not to.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@5pinlink said:

Good find @MonzoPro !

Blimey. I need to dig out my NI logins and maybe email them to confirm, but if this is doable then it'd be silly not to.

Indeed. I was gutted when I thought I had missed the chance at three fifths of the full price but at two fifths..

Starting to feel like a pusher so I'm going to back off with the encouragement :wink:

• I also was thinking about to upgrade now from Kontakt 5 (which i got yesterday) to Komplete (not the Ultimate) since it´s really much bang for the buck.
    But i just had to buy another Kontakt instrument which i was waiting for since i heard rumors about it.
    Like i said, this would be the things i would die for on iOS as well.
    "Just" a bit over 6GB which is already less than all iSymphonic IAP f.e. and the workflow and the sounds you can get out of it is just in another league.
    Sadly it broke my budget, so that a new iPad is for sure not possible now for many months. Anyway i think it´s better to wait for more "pro" applications and iOS 11.
    So N.I., please consider a Kontakt for iOS (and not a stripped down version).....at least bring it on in the next 2 years when Apple make more powerful iPads than Macbook Pro´s (maybe that is their plan to get more control over things we buy >:) ).
    Oh, i´m talking about these kind of tools which should have already no problems to run on latest iPads:

• Just did the Komplete 11 Ultimate update yesterday. The box contains a USB hard drive (for installation only) and a card with a serial number. Took a couple of hours to install and activate it all.

Now I just need a couple of lifetimes to explore it all. :smile:

• I can update Maschine, then do the crossgrade to Komplete 11 for just over £200. It's more than I can afford to spend on music stuff, but the equivalent of under a year's worth of iOS apps so I'm seriously considering it.

• @MonzoPro I am seriously considering it as well but my only concern is, will it make me more productive or less productive?

Given what it includes, it would either start pumping out tracks like a mad man or go into a hole for a year as I see how far the rabbit went.

I have always liked chasing rabbits so....

• @gmslayton said:
    @MonzoPro I am seriously considering it as well but my only concern is, will it make me more productive or less productive?

Given what it includes, it would either start pumping out tracks like a mad man or go into a hole for a year as I see how far the rabbit went.

Yeah, my concerns too. My output was pretty moderate on desktop, but the immediacy of the iPad changed it to a torrent - good fun too. Not sure if the hassle of booting up the pc or laptop, and then fiddling with a mouse or trackpad will have the same appeal.

But Absynth. Form....Reaktor....Kontakt....GuitarRig Pro....Discovery Series India...etc. etc.

There's at least five years worth of musical madness and discovery in there, which makes the £200 price tag seem like very good value. 45 products (not including the 13,000 sounds), working out at about £4.50 each. £4.50 for Absynth, which is about a quarter of the price of the average iOS synth these days.

My biggest worry is kicking myself if I miss this deal.