Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI controller mod

I got Edirol PCR300 which i consider one of the best controllers that I ever owned.
Editing is super easy no need for PC to edit, deep if you need to, anything from CCs to SYSEX,...really well designed but for some reason it got discontinued...
They never even finished some "reserved buttons" functions for future use.

But few weeks ago, half of the keyboard died...I tried repairing but impossible, so I thought maybe I can take it all out (MIDI components) and mount it into a box to have a small controller.
Fail, the PCB is kind of one piece, L shaped.

Since I have Ableton I thought I give it a dedicated keyboard.

Comments

• Like it. I mod mine to make it a keytar :wink:
    Also the idea of "standalone controller side mode" was floating in my mind since a decade ago but if I will going to do something like this today I will go for launchkey mk2. It's modular pcb design, it's launchpad compatible and it has rgb sensible pads.

Some pics:
    Keytarization:

Launch family tinkering:

Nice project your keytar, I guess you have all the keys functioning, right?

I was hoping to put everything into a box that would be about half size the original size, putting the sliders under the buttons and pots...

...but if I will going to do something like this today I will go for launchkey mk2. It's >modular pcb design, it's launchpad compatible and it has rgb sensible pads:

Interesting, what would you do with it though?
    I still need pots and buttons and sliders...to control Reaktor mainly...
    I wish I was better at this, I got Akai APC keys 25 which is the biggest crap ever, a dead controller, can't assign midi, it's stuck on channel 2 and CCs are "fixed"...but OK for Ableton.

• Hi,
    All keys working but I agree about the so-so quality of the components and sensors.

I was considering cut and rewire some pcb part (I know I'm mad) to make it more squared and also rewire apart the pots and so to put all the possible pcb parts down in the box. The worst part from pcb pov could be the lcd rewiring, from the sensor part the pads if you want to keep sensibility...
    About its use... just launchpad app and maybe BM3. I will go first for launchcontrol xl extra "row launch" buttons. I love rgb feedback but LKmk2 should wait...

Apc line had a good start but Akai lost their chance and the lack of app like launchpad makes them only suitable for Ableton/Traktor... not my actual cup of tea.