Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Navichord and Chordflow: Perfect companions.

Just picked up Navichord now that's it on the phone and I'm pretty blown away by the way you can just go into the pads and generate a random collection of chords from any key. I'm further blown away by the ability to then go into each chord and adjust the voicing with just a swipe of the finger. COOL! Preset sequence saving. WAY COOL!

Now consider how great Chordflow is with the thing it does, but alas, not so great in the actual finding, choosing, exploring chords department. I discovered its incredibly easy to do that part in Navichord. Find your chords and set the sequence up there, then copy it over to Chordflow for the voice splitting. Just remember to take a peak at what the bass note is in Navichord. You'll need that get to the proper voicing in Chordflow. Everything else is straightforward. They both even use number of beats to set the duration of chords so theres no grade school math required! Just a public service announcement. Carry on.

Comments

• @db909 said:
    Just picked up Navichord now that's it on the phone and I'm pretty blown away by the way you can just go into the pads and generate a random collection of chords from any key. I'm further blown away by the ability to then go into each chord and adjust the voicing with just a swipe of the finger. COOL! Preset sequence saving. WAY COOL!

Now consider how great Chordflow is with the thing it does, but alas, not so great in the actual finding, choosing, exploring chords department. I discovered its incredibly easy to do that part in Navichord. Find your chords and set the sequence up there, then copy it over to Chordflow for the voice splitting. Just remember to take a peak at what the bass note is in Navichord. You'll need that get to the proper voicing in Chordflow. Everything else is straightforward. They both even use number of beats to set the duration of chords so theres no grade school math required! Just a public service announcement. Carry on.

Sounds interesting. Could you be more specific/detailed when you say 'copy it over to Chordflow' please?

• @JohnnyGoodyear I mean literally copy it over the way you copied answers on a test as a kid. Have both apps open, look at your chord in Navichord noting the duration and bass note, switch to Chordflow and enter it there

• Same would apply to Chordbot and others. Pretty fun.

• @db909 said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear I mean literally copy it over the way you copied answers on a test as a kid. Have both apps open, look at your chord in Navichord noting the duration and bass note, switch to Chordflow and enter it there

Ah ha! Old school (literally) cheating! Why didn't you say? I've still got a diploma in that... :)

• edited June 2017

but what we really want is MIDI in to Chordflow — do all your progressions in NC and your arpeggiation in CF. on the roadmap apparently B)

• @Artefact2001 said:
    but what we really want is MIDI in to Chordflow — do all your progressions in NC and your arpeggiation in CF. on the roadmap apparently B)

Would be great to see that!

• Hey @Navichord: any plans to make NC an AB3 MIDI sender app?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Hey @Navichord: any plans to make NC an AB3 MIDI sender app?

It is AB3 MIDI Sender already!

• @Navichord said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Hey @Navichord: any plans to make NC an AB3 MIDI sender app?

It is AB3 MIDI Sender already!

Well I must have been hiding under a rock! Thanks.