Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's in your FX Buses? (Post screenshots!)

I'm a dedicated believer in the "Modular Software Environment" philosophy for iOS music.

My AB/AUM template evolves over time, and I always reserve two channels for FX Busses. These tend to be the same between all my setups in any given time period. I find that overlap is good because it allows me to use the same MIDI mappings on my controllers across different patches and develop deeper performance intuition with it.

Here's the screenshot, anyway:

WOW functions primarily as a distortion (by far my fav distortions on iOS) but I also use its many filter and modulation options pretty regularly.

I have a button with puts the whole thing into 'Reverb mode', where A feeds into B. I have on/off toggles for the various effects, so it's pretty versatile.

How about yours?

Comments

• edited June 2017
    • Kymatica AU:FX are default go-to effects for me.
    • I've discovered DDMF Envelope as a fantastic reverb (although really heavy on the CPU, so preferable when not too many other things are going on).
    • Effectrix for rhythmic mayhem. Mostly on drums.
  • @brambos Effectrix on yer Ripplemaker is a winner too. Touch of Tonal Delay and then some Phaser later in the sequence. So good!

• M/S mode a lot lately...the benefits are vast. Been using NYCompressor for various duties lately. Still undecided if it will be the go to, but getting effective and sometimes colorful results with it. 6144 is the EQ for the moment and MasterRecord always lives on the master for saturation duties.

In desperate need of a QUALITY analyzer to put on at least the master channel. I know it's a stretch to find a good metering app in AU flavor. But anyone have suggestions for a decent metering tool for mixing / analysis?

• edited June 2017

@brambos said:

• Kymatica AU:FX are default go-to effects for me.
    • I've discovered DDMF Envelope as a fantastic reverb (although really heavy on the CPU, so preferable when not too many other things are going on).
    • Effectrix for rhythmic mayhem. Mostly on drums.

Hah....remember that jam I made and posted ages ago with multiple Ruismakers running through Effectrix and driven by Patterning? That's such a fun way to jam out...All sorts of useful mayhem from that setup! Now comes the Ripples B)