Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum AUs besides Ruismaker?

I haven't been keeping up on what AUs are out there, are there any drum AUs besides the two Ruismaker ones? Don't really care if they are sample or synth based.

Comments

• None that I'm aware of. However BeatHawk does have some IAPs that include drums

• Svarplug has tons of ethnic drums, and some other instruments. Its really cheap, but comes with only one instrument(tabla, which i think is great) and has tons of iaps(you buy all instruments separately).

• @ToMess said:
    Svarplug has tons of ethnic drums, and some other instruments. Its really cheap, but comes with only one instrument(tabla, which i think is great) and has tons of iaps(you buy all instruments separately).

thing is with all the IAP it can get really expensive.

• edited June 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ToMess said:
    Svarplug has tons of ethnic drums, and some other instruments. Its really cheap, but comes with only one instrument(tabla, which i think is great) and has tons of iaps(you buy all instruments separately).

Yep. But i think its great also if you want to buy a few drums, or just a tabla. If you have tons of apps, you might have many of its drums, but then find few ones you might really want from it. I only havent put money on the IAPs yet, but im pretty sure ill buy at least one instrument some day when i can put some money on apps and dont have other priorities. But i think its definitely worth the price just for the tabla or maybe one IAP instrument as well. I havent tested the other instruments myself, so i dont know if its worth buying everything.

• @ToMess said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ToMess said:

Yep. But i think its great also if you want to buy a few drums, or just a tabla. If you have tons of apps, you might have many of its drums, but then find few ones you might really want from it. I only havent put money on the IAPs yet, but im pretty sure ill buy at least one instrument some day when i can put some money on apps and dont have other priorities. But i think its definitely worth the price just for the tabla or maybe one IAP instrument as well. I havent tested the other instruments myself, so i dont know if its worth buying everything.

Think SwarPlug is nice. Agree about the priciness. Think they're too steep for the general market. Was/am hoping there might be an adjustment or sale....

• I can't find SwarPlug on the App Store. Is it iPad only?

• Oh yea. You could also host multiple any AU synths to a host and play a single drum sound from each instance. But i cant think of anything than bm3 that could do this smoothly and its not out yet.

• edited June 2017

@ToMess said:
    Oh yea. You could also host multiple any AU synths to a host and play a single drum sound from each instance. But i cant think of anything than bm3 that could do this smoothly and its not out yet.

Actually I do this via modstep+aum already. I use 5-6 Ripplemakers usually to record multi channel audio. And I make all 6 instances listen to the same midi port. So it's just 1 drum midi clip triggering multichannel outs. Lovely thing about Ruismaker untriggered cells don't use extra cpu. I also send these 6 channels to a drum bus to record processed audio at the same time. Aum records perfectly cut loops when link is on so it's wonderful to export into ableton later. And having both dry and mixed stems means that If i change my mind I can edit the drums in Ableton later :) also. I can use just the kick channel to trigger AUFX:push.
    Midiflow scales + ab3 is surprisingly good for editing the midi so that only the specific Ruismaker listens to certain notes. Along with aums semitone shift you can basically have an 8 channel multiout drum machine. Will probably post a tutorial soon :)

• Beathawk is my go to when i need something different from Ruismakers