Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Cubasis and Auria together for EQ

I have both Cubasis and Auria, but I prefer working in Cubasis. Just my personal taste.
However, I'd like to use Auria ProQ 2 for eq on tracks as I've heard so many good things about it and the Cubasis eq feels limited.
I can just about afford an investment in Auria ProQ 2 (I've already spent way too much on other apps and an iPad Pro) so I need to keep costs down.
Does anybody else work between the two? Is it a viable option?
I just prefer the UI in Cubasis.
Could I take a track into Auria, eq it, freeze it then put it back into Cubasis?
I'd like to know if it's viable before I splash out another £30 or so, just for a decent eq!
Failing that, is there a good eq compatible with Cubasis?

Comments

• AUFX:PeakQ will run you $5. Not nearly as advanced as Pro-Q-2, but still very good.

As for running Cubasis and Auria together, you can pretty easily run Auria back into Cubasis through IAA or AudioBus.

• @1P18 Thanks, I'll have a look at PeakQ.
    Why doesn't Cubasis have a decent eq?
    There seems to be a lack of eq's compatible with Cubasis too, unless I'm missing something?!

• edited June 2017

ZMors EQ works pretty good. It's also an audio unit.

• @Morgman73 Thanks, that looks like a good option

• https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19316/auria-vs-cubasis#latest

In this thread there's quite a lot of different points of view and ideas on using the two DAW's together.

I use Auria Pro as my main audio recording, editing & mixing DAW. I use Cubasis as a compositional tool, MIDI environment and the DAW I experiment in.

You sound like the opposite, Cubasis is your favored DAW, but that doesn't​ change the principles of using the best tools if each DAW. Since MIDI is moving around all the more smoothly with AB3, beginning a track in Cubasis in MIDI, then sending it all to Auria Pro for audio recording/pre-mixing with FabFilter plugs/bouncing in place, etc. If you prefer to mix in Cubasis (hey some do) then export the tracks back to Cubasis & mix away.

Bottom line is you are on the right track being open mided about using BOTH tools to get results instead of being fanboy loyal to just one DAW. Do work...

• @JRSIV Thanks. I find my way round Cubasis far easier, so I'm gonna give the eq plug ins a whirl.
    When I get the time and more money, I may sit down and spend more time with Auria. She's like the complicated mistress with expensive tastes.

• @DefRobot The only reason I'm as comfortable as I am using Auria is I been at it since mid 2015 & in the college recording program I took we had to learn Pro Tools native & HD and also how it interacted w/the school's SSL AWS analog/DAW control console.

That was a good lesson on to go one step at a time when overwhelmed with complexity. Auria is a complicated dame but she mellows out the more you use it...well, that reads weird. You know what I mean...good luck brother.