Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Too cool. I'm on the forum from within Audioshare.

• Love the web browser. Went onto freesound.org and quickly and easily downloaded some samples into audioshare. Fantastic!

• I'm on the forum tonight and every thread has Flo&Morris guzzling wine! I live in San Antonio so I'm loading up with Tequila!!! Drink up gents, I won't be posting tomorrow... I'll be lucky to find my Ipad after these bottles are empty! Yeeehaaaw!!!

• British cider for me. To Y'all!

• Moonshine here in Atlanta!

• Works great with freesound.org!

• edited September 2013

Can it do the ifiles trick of youtube download/file conversion ?

iCloud sync across devices option would be something special though :)

• I don't have iFiles and don't know about their trick, was is it? :)

• edited September 2013

Just revisited ifiles and it basically downloads videos that can then be 'opened in' Audioshare. These can THEN be converted to audio files.

The files can then be audio copy pasted into your track or played/record/sampled into your daw.

So we can rip the audio from vids on the web (without ifiles) !

Btw great update :)

• Had a problem downloading a large, 600mb, zip file full of wav files. The dl showed 0kb. Used GoodReader's internal browser with no problems. I thought Audioshare added zip support a release or two back?

• Jonatan,thanks

Can I be a pain and make another request??

Could you make an sdk for 'save to audioshare folder'?

If an sdk was made available for devs to use,'save to audioshare',could become a standard and the one place where all our audio files go....instead of having multiple copies spread all over the place.

• I kinda thought he had already done it but I haven't yet found another app that has a save to audioshare folder option.

Are there any?

• Jonatan's own apps have it ..aufx dub ect but any others?

• edited September 2013

Auria has it. The secret base design apps have it or will soon.

• I haven't checked lately, but does anyone know if an update has added the ability to edit audio? ....even in its most basic form such as triming start and end points and cutting parts... Audioshare NEEDS so basic audio editing capabilities! :-)

• edited September 2013

You can still trim the samples and can choose a start and end point....(tools)
    ....but it's called Audioshare not Audioedit ;)
    Brilliant update again! Thank's j_liljedahl

• Yeah, but it really is the sort of convenient one-stop-shop that needs at least the basics of audio editing, so that we don't have to transfer back and forth and back and forth to get things done. Don't misunderstand me, I LOVE Audioshare, I really do!!! I'm just thinking of something that would make my experience better by making my work easier. ;-)

• Word. I just want a Hokusai replacement. Or a UX overhaul on Hokusai.

• @synthandson The editing functionality that is already in Audioshare may be sufficient for me. I originally was asking if Audioshare was capable of, "trimming start and end points and cutting parts." I asked, because I remembered it being mentioned a long time ago that it was going to be included. I hadn't checked recently, and I'm not at a place where I can check right now. It appears that the capability is there, and if so, I'm satisfied--those basic capabilities were what I was saying was needed.

@GalaxyExplorer I wasn't looking for Audioedit. ;-) I just wanted to confirm that edit functionality that had been mentioned a long time ago had been added. I'm not near my iPad and I had an idea (doesn't happen often--be happy!) and wanted to quickly check with the members here to see if it did, because I find basic editing essential. I don't mind flying out to another app for more extensive work, but I just wanted to confirm the basics, which it appears to ideed have now. :-)

• edited September 2013

Feature request from me would be to really make Audioshare THE central hub for audio on your iDevice. With Audiocopy 2.0 from Retronymns coming up, a few more things will be handled by that it seems.

Anyway, having Audioshare being able to connect to your local home network, a la GoodReader, with AFP, FTP, SMB etc server protocols would be great. And maybe even the ability to connect to more cloud services like Box etc, and email protocols. It would kill anything else, with those abilities implemented. Sure, you can use GoodReader, but GoodReader in turn doesn't support any kind of ACP, Sonoma, intua and all that. Being able to connect to local network and dishing around samples in your home studio with an app like Audioshare would make things so much faster and easier. If I wanna grab samples from MyBookLive NAS I need to use another app like GoodReader, or use my computer and put the samples in Dropbox, and it just takes alot of time. I'd totally pay for a completely new version 2 of Audioshare with all that implemented.

• The only other Audioshare audio editor feature that several people have requested is some kind of crossfade at the loop splice points so it's easy to make a seamless loop without the audible bump that can occur. I think Jonatan said crossfade is on the to do list

• edited September 2013

Hey @Audiojunkie ..yeah, the basic tools you asked about are there.

Once you have selected your sample, there in the top right corner it will say TOOLs. Tapping on this will bring up 3 options... normalise, convert (some stereo/ mono & sample rate choices, and trim. The trim tools are actually kinda cool, you can nudge them in real time with 3 different 'strengths' of nudge 10,100, &1000ths of a second I think. You can also set the trim function to Bpm and snap edit in bars.

Great update too.....thanks Jonatan.

• I have to agree if it had NAS drive functionality similar to filebrowser or remote files it would be a force to be reckoned with for sure....

• edited September 2013

Wouldn't mind Skydrive support if possible... I have 25 GB space there (as opposed to 3.5 GB with Dropbox).

• @everyone Thanks for the info guys! Appreciated!

@yowza Yes! That would be the other main audio edit function I would request! :-)

AND: I too want to say thanks for the continued updates to this fantastic program!!!

• Thanks everyone, I'm glad to hear you like the update :)

Yes, I want to add more connectivity to AudioShare, I just need to find the time and coding details for each thing, and we all know how it is with time.. never enough. But I do think that connectivity is more important than editing, so that's what I'm going to prioritize.

ACP 2.0 support will be added in the next update.

BTW, Box and Skydrive can be used with AudioShare already using open-in, but of course that's not as elegant as built-in browsers for that.

• regarding Audio trim:i like that its included but its totally useless at least for me without the ability to zoom into the waveform.Sorry,just sayin and just my opinion...