Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sequencer Ruismaker

Hi,
I really like Ruismaker, but until now I haven't figured out what's the best and easy sequencer to use with it. So what are you guys using, both on iPad and iPhone? For example, is there a little one like STEPS but more for beats? I have the big sequencers like auria pro and cubasis, but I'm looking for something easy and small to use while sitting in the metro for example.

Comments

• Genome or Infinite Looper

• Future Drummer ?

• MoDrum, perhaps? Not tested but it outputs GM drum midi

• Patterning!

• Patterning.

• @Billflinton said:
    Patterning!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Patterning.

iPad only, but best option for that.

• @Orne33e said:
    Hi,
    I really like Ruismaker, but until now I haven't figured out what's the best and easy sequencer to use with it. So what are you guys using, both on iPad and iPhone? For example, is there a little one like STEPS but more for beats? I have the big sequencers like auria pro and cubasis, but I'm looking for something easy and small to use while sitting in the metro for example.

Modstep

• I never really got on with modstep, I know it's changed a bit from the early versions, but Patterning works and you don't need a degree to use it.

Now, if there is a Modstep sequencing 101 tutorial, I'd love to be walked through it...

• edited June 2017

I really like using Robotic Drums to drive Ruismaker. It is cheap, has a small footprint, is easy to use, has lots of functionality and a great probability feature. It is universal, and also sounds pretty good by itself.
    Recommended.

• @5pinlink said:
    Modstep does not work well with Brambos plugins (most AUv3s actually) load a few and save the project, they will not reload properly (i may have missed an update of Modstep that fixes this if it isnt still happening ?? )

I just host everything in AUM and route Midi from modstep to AUM+Channel of each AU.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you all guys!
    I have patterning and love it, but never tried it with Ruismaker though. Gonna try that directly.
    I tried it with KRFT, but I think the mapping makes it a bit uncomfortable. For that purpose it should be possible to have only the relevant notes in KRFT's sequencer.
    I gave up on modstep. I tried hard to get into it but after a frustrating week I gave up. Too many bugs and somehow it always sucked up my ideas and creativity. Always ended up reading the manual and not knowing where the problem was.
    I gonna try robotic drums though.

• @Orne33e said:
    Thank you all guys!
    I have patterning and love it, but never tried it with Ruismaker though. Gonna try that directly.

Here's a classic thread on that subject: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/14253/patterning-dueling-ruismakers-a-drum-playground-how-to/p1

B)

• edited June 2017

Beatmaker 3 if you can wait a month for ipad and some more for iphone.

• @5pinlink said:
    Modstep does not work well with Brambos plugins (most AUv3s actually) load a few and save the project, they will not reload properly (i may have missed an update of Modstep that fixes this if it isnt still happening ?? )

Also in the last update they made AutoLoading optional. It's in the Settings view to turn it on/off

• @echoopera said:

@5pinlink said:

Also in the last update they made AutoLoading optional. It's in the Settings view to turn it on/off

Yep. I disable it. Ruismaker still bugs out sometimes though. So I'm pretty much still gonna stick to modstep+Aum.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I really like using Robotic Drums to drive Ruismaker. It is cheap, has a small footprint, is easy to use, has lots of functionality and a great probability feature. It is universal, and also sounds pretty good by itself.
    Recommended.

Thats a good idea. I always use Patterning but just end up using my imported samples instead even though I really like Ruismaker. I'll have to redownload

• @oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Recommended.

Thats a good idea. I always use Patterning but just end up using my imported samples instead even though I really like Ruismaker. I'll have to redownload

Glad to help!

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Recommended.

Will Robotic Drums be avaliable under iOS 11? Last update is nearly 3 years ago: 08-10-2014. App looks abandonware.

• @greengrocer said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    Recommended.

Will Robotic Drums be avaliable under iOS 11? Last update is nearly 3 years ago: 08-10-2014. App looks abandonware.

I hope so. I left a plea for 64 bit update in an App Store review earlier this week. I also did the same for the developer's other app Sound Cells.

• I really wanted to get Vatanator SX or DM1 (iPhone user here) to sequence the Ruis drums, but just couldn't figure the MIDI out. I guess if I could contribute to the "what app would you make" thread, that's probably what I would do. A minimalistic MIDI drum pad app with a built-in song sequencer and automation.

• I'm having difficulty sequencing Ruismaker and Ruis FM as well.

@brambos a simple text-based howto on programming these from a few popular apps might be an idea?

Now, I haven't invested in a DAW yet so just trying from other drum apps...

• @5pinlink said:

With the ruismaker templates, sequencing in modstep is very easy. (and I have only recently moved out of midiot status.)
    But you're right, @5pinlink, every time you open a session, you have to drag the brambos AUs back onto the track, as if for the first time. Not a major bug, but a minor pain nonetheless.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@5pinlink said:

With the ruismaker templates, sequencing in modstep is very easy. (and I have only recently moved out of midiot status.)
    But you're right, @5pinlink, every time you open a session, you have to drag the brambos AUs back onto the track, as if for the first time. Not a major bug, but a minor pain nonetheless.

this is worked around by hosting in AUM. you can even use the modstep templates just midi learn the specific cc for whatever you're trying to automate inside AUM.

• I set up BeatMachine specifically for Ruismaker. Works well and the drum machine itself is pretty cool.

• @audiblevideo said:
    I set up BeatMachine specifically for Ruismaker. Works well and the drum machine itself is pretty cool.

Had a dig about but not quite certain how to do this (or how you're doing this), but it was good to be reminded of this app. Been a long while and it seems a little more straightforward to me than the last time I opened it (must have learned something from all you people along the way)....ended up making a little something I like in a quick Saturday morning fiddle. Lots of nice options there....so, thanks :)

• edited June 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear
    Under settings

Both loaded and midi route in AUM.

• @brambos
    Thanks for the link, it's awesome!

But is it possible to change the Midi CCs in patterning?