Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox is a great and fast loop maker

Having a blast..AudioShare is getting full of loops made with groovebox to be sequenced at some stage..the randomise feature is cool too

Be great if midi in came in next update

Comments

• I hope it gives Auxy some much needed competition in the category of "beginner friendly mini studio type things". Get that song mode update out already. Auxy needs to step up its game with a playing surface

• @db909 said:
    I hope it gives Auxy some much needed competition in the category of "beginner friendly mini studio type things". Get that song mode update out already. Auxy needs to step up its game with a playing surface

Yes..song mode would give it an immediacy more intense than gadget

• This and KRFT are getting a lot of use from me right now. Great job!

• @5pinlink said:
    Wooohooo 3 threads, this must be the best software ever created

@5pinlink said:

@5pinlink said:

No lol...ab3 had lots more and gadget always gets new threads

Groovebox will be old news by this time next week lol

• everyone knows that the more intensely and consistently you hype an app, the more likely it is to live up to said hype as per the mental law of the universe. Therefore, top 3 app of the year confirmed

• @5pinlink said:
    AB3 had lots more because this is the AB forum, Gadget has threads when people need to ask a question and there are rarely more than one on the front page (Some people just wont search) but three for Groovebox on the front page is a bit over the top to be fair, especially when one is just a comment on how great it is.

@5pinlink said:
    AB3 had lots more because this is the AB forum, Gadget has threads when people need to ask a question and there are rarely more than one on the front page (Some people just wont search) but three for Groovebox on the front page is a bit over the top to be fair, especially when one is just a comment on how great it is.

Oh dear....

I was emphasising how good it is as a fast loop generator not just saying how good it is lol

Besides I think that the audiobus forum has evolved to something way beyond audiobus itself... it's now the central place for all things iOS music related whether the apps discussed need audiobus or not or wether they are used with audiobus or not

The thing is that there were numerous threads about ab3 because people were excited

Sometimes people rediscover old apps and start a new thread

I don't think it matters how many threads an app has or doesn't

If people are excited and want to start a new thread I don't think they should be criticised or discouraged

• As a general sense of decorum and order there's a reason not to start separate threads on an app unless it's specific enough to be OT from the original thread or singularly technical etc. Otherwise the garden that is Audioubus Forum becomes overgrown.

It's a question of centralized information.

• @5pinlink said:

To be fair, said comment is about a bit more than saying how great it is. It’s about the type of fun someone has with it. Sure, it would fit in another thread. But a cool thing about this forum is that it’s not heavily policed to be as tidy as possible.

• @Proppa said:
    As a general sense of decorum and order there's a reason not to start separate threads on an app unless it's specific enough to be OT from the original thread or singularly technical etc. Otherwise the garden that is Audioubus Forum becomes overgrown.

It's a question of centralized information.

And the garden hasn’t become overgrown yet, you feel?

• @5pinlink said:

And yet you are commenting in all three.
    Give in to the fun side, Link....

• It's only music apps and its fun

People need to chill and allow people to be people and enjoy the amazing world of iOS music apps

Because:

Truly we are spoiled..pro music tools for the price of a coffee or a Chinese takeaway meal

Come on :)

• @Enkerli said:
    And the garden hasn’t become overgrown yet, you feel?

In general and also Because members have the discipline not to splinter threads Audiobus Forum is a lovely place.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

Congratulations, you named an animal.. or is that the name of a forthcoming app?

• @Love3quency said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

Congratulations, you named an animal.. or is that the name of a forthcoming app?

It helps if you hear it in the Shrek voice.

• @Love3quency said:
    Lololololo

• Created another thread to discuss app-specific threads. Getting somewhat meta.
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/360225

• @Love3quency said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

Donkey

• edited June 2017

@Love3quency said:

@5pinlink said:

@5pinlink said:

Oh dear....

I was emphasising how good it is as a fast loop generator not just saying how good it is lol

Besides I think that the audiobus forum has evolved to something way beyond audiobus itself... it's now the central place for all things iOS music related whether the apps discussed need audiobus or not or wether they are used with audiobus or not

The thing is that there were numerous threads about ab3 because people were excited

Sometimes people rediscover old apps and start a new thread

I don't think it matters how many threads an app has or doesn't

If people are excited and want to start a new thread I don't think they should be criticised or discouraged

The main problem is that search is difficult..so if it's not on the first page it gets missed..resulting in multiple threads... :) not people creating multiple threads...

And for the purpose of this thread...it is a great loop generator...those synths do sound good..and with premade loops for us to try them out and discover what they can do....
    It suits my split personality of programmer and player

• edited June 2017

@Samu said:

@Love3quency said:
    Lololololo

Best version...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Love3quency said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

It helps if you hear it in the Shrek voice.

Dongkae!

• I think it's ok if some people are into simplistic workflows. If it gives them joy all the better.

• Trouble is it's actually not that great a loop maker far too many clicks on exported loops.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Love3quency said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

Donkey

@MonzoPro said:

@Love3quency said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

Donkey

@MonzoPro said:

@Love3quency said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Donkey

Donkey

• Try using this app together with the new Ripplemaker + Troublemaker + KRFT and tell me you are not amazed

• @cuscolima said:
    Try using this app together with the new Ripplemaker + Troublemaker + KRFT and tell me you are not amazed

Exactly...each brings it's own thing to the party !

• So how do you use this in conjunction with KRFT?? Love to know. Thanks!

@cuscolima said:
    Try using this app together with the new Ripplemaker + Troublemaker + KRFT and tell me you are not amazed