Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mood Update: AU and iPhone, available now!

Comments

• edited June 2017

Much more navigable, feels more like a synth than a program now

• Some of these presets really come alive when sustained. The interface update is perfect. I didn't have a problem with it before, but this is definitely better. An easy, elegant solution too. Bravo! :)

• Finally got to testing the AU. I have to jack the buffer up to 1024 just to run two instances, one a mono bassline being sequenced by the lightweight Steps app, the other a somewhat in depth poly patch. Just noting, not complaining. I'm not a spoiled brat and rarely do multiple instances anyway.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Finally got to testing the AU. I have to jack the buffer up to 1024 just to run two instances, one a mono bassline being sequenced by the lightweight Steps app, the other a somewhat in depth poly patch. Just noting, not complaining. I'm not a spoiled brat and rarely do multiple instances anyway.

That's terrible! I just got 6 instances of mood latency set at 256 on my 2017 iPad in BM3. Which iPad do you have?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Finally got to testing the AU. I have to jack the buffer up to 1024 just to run two instances, one a mono bassline being sequenced by the lightweight Steps app, the other a somewhat in depth poly patch. Just noting, not complaining. I'm not a spoiled brat and rarely do multiple instances anyway.

I just tried on Air 2, running 4 AU instances of Mood in AUM, using "quick presets", and also driving them with Steps. Works fine on my machine and I've only got AUM's buffer set at 256. Air2 10.3.2

• Weird. I'm on an Air 2.

• Also, figured I'd repost my patches bank here. You can see the evolution given the multiple iterations for each, but I think there's good stuff in there. Definitely nailed the Prince patch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiuzi8pg5s2ay0e/BS-1.mood?dl=0