Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most underrated apps

I'm a bit of an app collector... as are most of us, what are some of the most underrated apps you have?Always love looking at new toys. :)

Comments

• Triqtraq.

• Google? ;)

• @Proppa said:
    Triqtraq.

Woah, that does look like fun, never seen that one before!

• I'm pretty simple when I go and look at it...love virsyn, bambros, korg, klvgrnd... I love patterning and ElasticDrums. Been diggin geoshred lately too

• Auxy. It's really quite good at what it does. Which is basically allow you to bang out near radio ready modern edm. The mastering settings under the hood are something else, it's like you can't screw anything up. Your tracks will even sound good on your shitty car speakers without hassle

• +1 Auxy.

Looks good, sounds great and no mastering necessary.

• DotMelody, from same peeps that make Patterning.

• Auxy and Triqtraq. Really surprised Auxy doesn't get more attention around here to be honest, the sounds you can make given the simplified workflow is amazing. Those IAP prices though, always a tough pill to swallow for so few sounds.

• bleep!Box, MoDrum, BassLine, DXi, WR 6000, BM2

• @Tarekith said:
    Auxy and Triqtraq. Really surprised Auxy doesn't get more attention around here to be honest, the sounds you can make given the simplified workflow is amazing. Those IAP prices though, always a tough pill to swallow for so few sounds.

I just know I'm going to buy the new one tomorrow lol.

• Whew, tough call. $4.99 for ten presets or that same amount to create my own sounds in Groovebox. Or both :)

• thumbjam

• @Littlewoodg said:
    bleep!Box, MoDrum, BassLine, DXi, WR 6000, BM2

I call you brother.

Chordbot, Oscilab, NodeBeat, Refraktions, Droneo

Similar to triqtraq try Bip and Yellofier

• Not sure if it qualifies as underrated, but I've come to appreciate Effectrix a lot. It's got an iOS optimized interface (unlike some other Sugar Bytes apps), really easy automation capabilities, the ability to export loops when used as a sampler, and it has a MIDI controllable song mode when used in an AB/IAA effect slot.

The effects don't really stand out all that much by themselves, but when you start to combine all the elements (especially the aforementioned easy automation) it starts to really shine.

So while it does require a bit of time to assemble a nice pattern, it's not hindered by any sort of complexity to get there.

It's a great app.

• @audiblevideo said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I call you brother.

Good ones (just reinstalled Bip on my phone, couple days ago) I'll raise you one Protein Der Klang

• For me it would be - Borderlands, Fugue Machine, Thumbjam, KRFT and Refraktions.
    An under the radar one would definitely be ProChords

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2017

@Tarekith said:
    Auxy and Triqtraq. Really surprised Auxy doesn't get more attention around here to be honest, the sounds you can make given the simplified workflow is amazing. Those IAP prices though, always a tough pill to swallow for so few sounds.

Well, this is the Audiobus Forum. Auxy has zero connectivity except Link. Could explain the lack of attention here.

• Samvada. Turns anything into a drone

• @AdamTomlinson said:
    Samvada. Turns anything into a drone

+1

GroupTheLoop. The best of Ableton quantized launch and looper with scenes. Genius.

• Even though it's known by a lot of us I'm amazed at how Thumbjam doesn't get the same type of devotion & press Animoog for instance does.

When I got into iOS music production I'd see the name here & there but not too much else. I actually thought it was some gimmicky controller type app you play with your thumb...

I saw some posts on it here a few months back & got it, and was blown away. The sample quality and free sample sets are stunning, and while you CAN use your thumb, the interface with different settings for scales, legato, etc. is not gimmicky, it's very usable and on some sounds its utterly unique in the way it makes sweeps across several octaves smooth and accurately​. Great app.

• edited June 2017

@audiblevideo said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I call you brother.

Thanks, never heard of Bip. Will check it out. Also similar to those is Triggler. It's simple cheap and Ableton Link. Besides that there's Loop Twister, but somehow I can't find it anymore in the appstore.

Update info. I can't find Bip in the appstore. Probably withdrawn. I reinstalled Loop Twister but it is crashing.

• ThumbJam, GeoShred and Auxy (but Classic Auxy with MIDI Out)!

I still think that Auxy has the best step editor of all Apps I know!

And creating something from a bunch of easily and fast created MIDI Loops is like a breeze. Fantastic!

Sad thing, it is dead :-((((

• Chord Tracker from Yamaha. Costs zip and no IAP. I would easily pay $10 or $15 dollars for an IAP that allowed send to midi or chordpro all the same.

• Got Chord Tracker, very interesting!

• @mannix said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I call you brother.

Thanks, never heard of Bip. Will check it out. Also similar to those is Triggler. It's simple cheap and Ableton Link. Besides that there's Loop Twister, but somehow I can't find it anymore in the appstore.

Update info. I can't find Bip in the appstore. Probably withdrawn. I reinstalled Loop Twister but it is crashing.

Bip is still available, you may have missed it because it's an iPhone app.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@mannix said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I call you brother.

Bip is still available, you may have missed it because it's an iPhone app.

Thanks. Also can't find it on my iPhone. Do you have a link? The only think I can info find about this app is a video by Doug and the app looks quite interesting.

• NS1 synth.

• Modstep. Everyone shits on it saying its overly complicated. But once you get used to it's workflow it's awesome fun. Sadly I seem to be one of the few that think that :(