Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App: Groovebox

Comments

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Hmmmm...first impressions:

Pro's: Looks lovely, sounds good, decent connectivity.
    Cons: I'm finding the step editor difficult to use (too big, too much scrolling involved), and the app's not really giving me anything extra in terms of functionality or usability that I already have in other apps.

Nice sounding synth, and I like the global tuning but there's not really anything there that's shouting at me to buy the IAP's and use this instead of Gadget etc. etc. If I was new to iOS music I'd be more excited, but it's a bit...already been done...for me. Horses for courses I guess, but a lovely looking thing.

For me, the dice work really nicely as idea generators just like the discover mode in blocs wave (I am getting stuff going in seconds)....and the resultant patterns are MIDI editable and the synths fully editable too (if you get the IAP's)...
    It is the fastest 0 -> Tune in the West :)

...run this linked to blocs, it then starts to come even more alive.

Export pads to blocs wave via Audioshare...or record live playing of the synths into blocs wave via AB and then onto Launchpad....no fuss.

Does it have midi export after the iap ? If it exports midi it might actually be worth something.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Cons: I'm finding the step editor difficult to use (too big, too much scrolling involved), and the app's not really giving me anything extra in terms of functionality or usability that I already have in other apps.

Nice sounding synth, and I like the global tuning but there's not really anything there that's shouting at me to buy the IAP's and use this instead of Gadget etc. etc. If I was new to iOS music I'd be more excited, but it's a bit...already been done...for me. Horses for courses I guess, but a lovely looking thing.

For me, the dice work really nicely as idea generators just like the discover mode in blocs wave (I am getting stuff going in seconds)....and the resultant patterns are MIDI editable and the synths fully editable too (if you get the IAP's)...

Export pads to blocs wave via Audioshare...or record live playing of the synths into blocs wave via AB and then onto Launchpad....no fuss.

Does it have midi export after the iap ? If it exports midi it might actually be worth something.

Export is audio only at the moment...I think Midi Out would be preferable to export, as you can use it real-time or record it into your midi editor of choice. I'd like to be able to send the patterns to my circuit for example.

The more people that ask for it, the more chance there is we will get it. ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Export is audio only at the moment...I think Midi Out would be preferable to export, as you can use it real-time or record it into your midi editor of choice. I'd like to be able to send the patterns to my circuit for example.

The more people that ask for it, the more chance there is we will get it. ;)

Further testing shows this is basically a poor man's gadget. I think I'm going to stick to my other toys....

• edited June 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

The dice is great. There are some real nice synth sounds too. I just don't want to be exporting static loops or just recording only what I can get my fingers on. If it had midi in and i could more creatively control parameters with something like KRFT or if Groovebox had its own automation (so i could make things more organic) then that would interest me. Even if it had midi export to take advantage of the sweet dice roll etc etc.

Anyway...

I think if I start supporting it with IAP I will start to feel owed more features that probably won't come, given that Blocs, feature wise, had very little growth. Once it seemed like Blocs was a static app just trying to funnel me to Launchpad I quit buying packs as I have no interest in Launchpad or live clip launching.

• edited June 2017

@AudioGus said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

The dice is great. There are some real nice synth sounds too. I just don't want to be exporting static loops or just recording only what I can get my fingers on. If it had midi in and i could more creatively control parameters with something like KRFT or if Groovebox had its own automation (so i could make things more organic) then that would interest me. Even if it had midi export to take advantage of the sweet dice roll etc etc.

Anyway...

I think if start supporting it with IAP I will start to feel owed more features that probably won't come, given that Blocs, feature wise, had very little growth. Once it seemed like Blocs was a static app just trying to funnel me to Launchpad I quit buying packs as I have no interest in Launchpad or live clip launching.

exactly how i feel. will just wait to see if this app grows. till then i will just be happy with what i own.
    even blocs is starting to go unused currently since all my user samples are becoming a mess to navigate without user folders. which is a shame since its such a good app that i paid full price for. long before they became "Freemium". and i bought over 25 packs to support them. feel shafted at this point that i did so :/

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@AudioGus said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Anyway...

I think if start supporting it with IAP I will start to feel owed more features that probably won't come, given that Blocs, feature wise, had very little growth. Once it seemed like Blocs was a static app just trying to funnel me to Launchpad I quit buying packs as I have no interest in Launchpad or live clip launching.

exactly how i feel. will just wait to see if this app grows. till then i will just be happy with what i own.
    even blocs is starting to go unused currently since all my user samples are becoming a mess to navigate without user folders. which is a shame since its such a good app that i paid full price for. long before they became "Freemium". and i bought over 25 packs to support them. feel shafted at this point that i did so :/

Blocs may get a second wind for me under ios11 using 'Files' if they update it to support it.

• @gsm909 said:
    Watching the video on their new website, it seems like this is what Figure could/should have evolved into.

Except this has no automation. Which is very disappointing

• I think it's kind of unfair to say Blocs hasn't grown.

We're now up to version 11!

Added features from memory include

Sharing packs with launchpad
    Project export to launchpad and ableton
    Being able to have different scenes of clips
    Ability to slice clips and mangle them
    Ability to start clip at different start points
    Improvements to file handling. (This could still be better though, maybe in iOS 11)

• iap purchases for full bass, drums and synth 5.49 euro's. Somehow a psychological shitty pricepoint for people in the eurozone. But keep in mind that Blocs Wave had an intro price of 4.99. So maybe the iap will be cheaper soon.

• edited June 2017

UI looks really beautiful but I'm not sure that this will help our workflow much.

Without the following it's just a toy loop generator:

. Midi In
    . Patterns
    . Multi-Out to take advantage of all the great AU and IAA effects
    . Patch Saving
    . Export to Blocs Project

Here's hoping that we'll get multi-channel out on BlocsWave sooner in GrooveBox.

Congrats on the release. I am sure a lot of love and passion was put into it...just hurry up with the top 3 requests so you can be a part of the ecosystem. ;^)

• @echoopera said:
    UI looks really beautiful but I'm not sure that this will help our workflow much.

. Midi In
    . Patterns
    . Patch Saving

...or just automation. ;)

• edited June 2017

Yeah this doesn't need a whole helluva lot really. I can MAYBE see midi in, but it's clearly going after an audience who would be more likely to use Figure and Auxy rather than AUM. So realistically I wouldn't expect sample import anytime soon. Sections are coming and that is very important. And we've mentioned automation already. Get those two things in there and I'd call it done, potential fulfilled. Imo of course

Oh yeah and patch saving seems like a good idea

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

. Midi In
    . Patterns
    . Patch Saving

Well...that's Figure ;^)

• Nice... The dice is a blast... make me wonder what Troublemaker would be like if we can only have SCALE LOCK..

• @echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

. Midi In
    . Patterns
    . Patch Saving

Well...that's Figure ;^)

Or gadget... I mean, aside from the dice (which should not be inhibiting automation) what does this have going for it aside from cool sounds, which granted are cool.

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

. Midi In
    . Patterns
    . Patch Saving

Well...that's Figure ;^)

Or gadget... I mean, aside from the dice (which should not be inhibiting automation) what does this have going for it aside from cool sounds, which granted are cool.

Ease of use

• tjatja
    edited June 2017

I got it and was a bit confused with GUI layout.
    Let's wait if it get's MIDI In and Out ;-)

• You know what...it's got legs...and I think they will have a winner on their hands. Pitched in for the whole shebang...so consider me an invested user :)

• Ease of use. I agree fully. No fiddling with those freaking in and outs.
    I tried a fast thing going through AB and putted Bias Amp in the effect slot. Pretty strange sound.
    Listen to GB och Amp i AB_1 by Marcus Pettersson 2 #np on #SoundCloud

• @echoopera said:
    You know what...it's got legs...and I think they will have a winner on their hands. Pitched in for the whole shebang...so consider me an invested user :)

sigh

I suppose I could do the 21$... I just wish I could give them $50 and get the whole deal with automation and midi export. I don't even need midi output in realtime. Just dump a file, we be good.

sigh

• It's particularly nice on iphone, I think

• @RajahP said:
    Nice... The dice is a blast... make me wonder what Troublemaker would be like if we can only have SCALE LOCK..

You won't have to wonder forever. Ripplemaker already can randomise with a scale lock. And those upgrades to the sequencer will be added to troublemaker. Ripplemaker also works natively as an ab3 midi sender. That too should trickle down to troublemaker. So you will eventually have 2 sequencers with randomise within a scale in ab3 :)

• I really hope midi export gets added eventually. It's a wonderful toy to play with. Really like the dice. Would probably also buy all the iap including the packs. Only thing stopping me currently is the lack of midi export.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:
    Nice... The dice is a blast... make me wonder what Troublemaker would be like if we can only have SCALE LOCK..

You won't have to wonder forever. Ripplemaker already can randomise with a scale lock. And those upgrades to the sequencer will be added to troublemaker. Ripplemaker also works natively as an ab3 midi sender. That too should trickle down to troublemaker. So you will eventually have 2 sequencers with randomise within a scale in ab3 :)

This just made my day!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.. was having a hard time finding Ripplemaker earlier (with so much going on).. Will find it now...

• edited June 2017

@RajahP said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.. was having a hard time finding Ripplemaker earlier (with so much going on).. Will find it now...

It's in beta currently. Ain't out yet. At the pace @brambos is updating it I doubt you will have to wait too long :)

Here's the development thread for it :- https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19089/ripplemaker-auv3-progress-thread/p1

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:

It's in beta currently. Ain't out yet. At the pace @brambos is updating it I doubt you will have to wait too long :)

Oh.. ok... Thank for sharing..

• @RajahP said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@RajahP said:

Oh.. ok... Thank for sharing..

I linked to the thread in my earlier post. Was editing when you replied. Go check it out :)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I think it's kind of unfair to say Blocs hasn't grown.

We're now up to version 11!

Added features from memory include

Sharing packs with launchpad
    Project export to launchpad and ableton
    Being able to have different scenes of clips
    Ability to slice clips and mangle them
    Ability to start clip at different start points
    Improvements to file handling. (This could still be better though, maybe in iOS 11)

Huh, thanks for the history lesson. I thought slicing was in there at the beginning. Without it, yah it would have been nothing. All told Slices and Scenes are huge for me and that is where I guess it started to look appealing and I jumped in. Fingers crossed that automation shows up at some point. I'll shut up now... until I don't. ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

@AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:

. Midi In
    . Patterns
    . Patch Saving

Well...that's Figure ;^)

Ease of use

Can you zoom out of the step editor at all? I don't find that part easy to use at all.