Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App: Groovebox

Comments

• @PhilW said:
    How many times have we seen this pattern?
    1. Initial excitement - it's a new toy to play with!
    2. Hundreds of posts saying "but it must have / I hope it has x, y and z"
    3. Another flurry of excitement - "It's here, downloading now"
    4. Mass disappointment as it doesn't have x, y or z. Oh and it doesn't have w either, which everyone just assumed it would have these days.
    5. Acceptance that it is what it is and that it will be improved.
    6. Repeat when it is found that version 2 is coming out...

DUDE! Spoilers!

• @Zen210507 said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Blocs Wave is very cool and I use it everyday... But it still is a simple toy to sketch ideas, not much more IMO... Every one seems to find awesome that there has been many updates, but many updates does not mean a lot of évolutions. And it seems to me that we are very far from what could be built on Blocks Wave idea (either by adding functionalities to build full songs, or at least by making it usable as an AU in other DAWs...)... Just my opinion

>

I agree that lots could still be done to progress the app, and AU would be great.

But it's more than a simple toy. A band I'm associated with recently produced an album using samples in BW as the basis, several other apps, added vocals, and put this together in Auria Pro, mastering with Fab Filters. This album, IMHO, sounds as good as anything in its genre, and better than most. And, of course, it's a reality.

So many times I've come across people running down this method of music making, or implying it's not as good as a proper trained musician. Often, they are right, but not always. One guy, running his mouth, called BW samples 'random crap' yet when challenged to provide a link to something as good or better than the one I posted, he went silent. The point being BW has empowered people to get on with the job, and actually make music.

+1000

• @5pinlink said:
    What ?
    So you are saying they are still Novation, i never asked about popularity or reliability and saying that while quoting a post from me that you didn't actually answer comes across as shilling.
    Don't quote me if you aren't going to reply to me ?

@Zen210507 was replying to me.

• @5pinlink said:
    Uh, he quoted me ?

This shit gets messy sometimes.

• @AudioGus said:

@5pinlink said:
    Uh, he quoted me ?

This shit gets messy sometimes.

Dunnit.

• They better release this app soon or this thread will reach "BM3 is looking good" proportions.

• I guess they launched it
    http://ampifymusic.com

• @5pinlink said:
    Uh, he quoted me ?

Does it mattter, in the grand scheme of everything? Life's too short for this sort of thing.

• edited June 2017

@alecsbuga said:
    I guess they launched it
    http://ampifymusic.com

OH GOD THE PAIN! Etc... (Seriously, my commute begins in 30 minutes and god forbid I actually use any of the apps I bought last week)

• Not available in us store..

• Not available in the UK store...

• Launched but not available in the US yet

• @Audiogus, Dude, 54 updates available...no way I could sit on all those, OCD is screaming 'UPDATE'!

• @gsm909 said:
    @Audiogus, Dude, 54 updates available...no way I could sit on all those, OCD is screaming 'UPDATE'!

Moohoohawhaw! ...and I am just pissing away this awesome fibre connection. (Did I mention I have an awesome fibre connection?). I have an awesome fibre connection.

• Also not available right now :-(

• edited June 2017

Watching the video on their new website, it seems like this is what Figure could/should have evolved into.

• @Dubbylabby said:

Hail Blocs!

• @gsm909 said:
    Watching the video on their new website, it seems like this is what Figure could/should have evolved into.

+1 . But don't forget that Propellerhead is up to something ;)

• edited June 2017

No global tuning, ill pass, but looks and sounds great otherwise

• @5pinlink said:
    Uh, he quoted me ?

As MonzoPro say,s, I was responding to him. Apologies for any confusion.

• Downloading now

• edited June 2017

Novation from the other thread says ...

For example Groovebox will be getting things like Swing, MIDI Input and Sections, so please let us know what you’d like to see.

Midi out would be nice.

• UP in Romania. Buh bye. going to make some beats :D

• edited June 2017

Hmmmm...first impressions:

Pro's: Looks lovely, sounds good, decent connectivity.
    Cons: I'm finding the step editor difficult to use (too big, too much scrolling involved), and the app's not really giving me anything extra in terms of functionality or usability that I already have in other apps.

Nice sounding synth, and I like the global tuning but there's not really anything there that's shouting at me to buy the IAP's and use this instead of Gadget etc. etc. If I was new to iOS music I'd be more excited, but it's a bit...already been done...for me. Horses for courses I guess, but a lovely looking thing.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    No global tuning, ill pass, but looks and sounds great otherwise

But improve scales which could be an amazing addition to Blocswave...

• Welp. It actually doesn't have midi input yet.

• @gsm909 said:

Figure has automation- this does not.

• @MonzoPro said:

Cons: I'm finding the step editor difficult to use (too big, too much scrolling involved), and the app's not really giving me anything extra in terms of functionality or usability that I already have in other apps.

Nice sounding synth, and I like the global tuning but there's not really anything there that's shouting at me to buy the IAP's and use this instead of Gadget etc. etc. If I was new to iOS music I'd be more excited, but it's a bit...already been done...for me. Horses for courses I guess, but a lovely looking thing.

For me, the dice work really nicely as idea generators just like the discover mode in blocs wave (I am getting stuff going in seconds)....and the resultant patterns are MIDI editable and the synths fully editable too (if you get the IAP's)...
    It is the fastest 0 -> Tune in the West :)

...run this linked to blocs, it then starts to come even more alive.

Export pads to blocs wave via Audioshare...or record live playing of the synths into blocs wave via AB and then onto Launchpad....no fuss.

• @MonzoPro said:

Yup, seems like a super standard horse course. I don't think this one will have anything for me. BM3 looking good