Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App: Groovebox

Comments

• @PhilW said:
    How many times have we seen this pattern?
    1. Initial excitement - it's a new toy to play with!
    2. Hundreds of posts saying "but it must have / I hope it has x, y and z"
    3. Another flurry of excitement - "It's here, downloading now"
    4. Mass disappointment as it doesn't have x, y or z. Oh and it doesn't have w either, which everyone just assumed it would have these days.
    5. Acceptance that it is what it is and that it will be improved.
    6. Repeat when it is found that version 2 is coming out...

Nailed it

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    What's the chances this will have midi in .... ?

If it doesn't it's pretty much dead in the water

• @Korakios said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Samu said:
    So no synth-tweaking or automation without IAP?

And how many IAPs in total?

There is some control straight away. Much more fine control via IAP.

One control IAP per module, and two packs per module. One more of what you get to start with, the other a very nice analogue,

please tell me this has multi outs. if not its such a damn waste.

Or at least AU

If it sounds good,, multiple outs would seriously trump Gadget. Unless not many people are interested in that 'niche' feature.

• edited June 2017

@supadom said:

@Korakios said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Samu said:
    So no synth-tweaking or automation without IAP?

And how many IAPs in total?

There is some control straight away. Much more fine control via IAP.

One control IAP per module, and two packs per module. One more of what you get to start with, the other a very nice analogue,

please tell me this has multi outs. if not its such a damn waste.

Or at least AU

If it sounds good,, multiple outs would seriously trump Gadget. Unless not many people are interested in that 'niche' feature.

It supposedly can run multiple instances of the sound modules. So multi outs would be good enough even if it isn't an Aux.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

Why? Launchkey app has it. Since this seems a synth/drumpad line creator... it should have?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

Why? Launchkey app has it. Since this seems a synth/drumpad line creator... it should have?

Launchpad only supports novation controllers. It's possible this might only accept launch controllers. I own a launcpad pro and a launch control Xl so I should be sorted if they go down that path. But it would seriously turn off a lot of people.

• It would be cool to support those macros and track keys from Launchkey mini.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

Launchpad only supports novation controllers. It's possible this might only accept launch controllers. I own a launcpad pro and a launch control Xl so I should be sorted if they go down that path. But it would seriously turn off a lot of people.

Yup I have a launchkey to use with launchpad and I will love Blocs remote control too. I see the point but in launchpad makes sense, in launchkey app replacement not so much IMO.

Let's give them a chance...

• To be fair if it has launchpads auto coloured grids on my physical launchpad and basically runs like a portable ableton I might be really really interested now that I think about it,

• @brambos said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Don't worry, mate... between U.S.A and Spain there is enough water to avoid a the need for a wall lol

Fellow-Euro here! I'm from the Netherlands. Actually just signed up for a long-overdue Spanish course. One of my favorite world-languages (and a lot more useful than Dutch ;) )

Back on-topic! B)

Quite bizar, but it seems that they speak Dutch in South Africa and Sri Lanka :)

• Is there any substantial info about the app? Beeing admittedly a bit ignorant and a bit slow in the perception department, I stille have no clue what this thread is all about.
    Does anyone have a link to something specific? Is there en expected release date? WTF is going on?

• launch launch launch :)

• edited June 2017

@PhilW said:
    How many times have we seen this pattern?
    1. Initial excitement - it's a new toy to play with!
    2. Hundreds of posts saying "but it must have / I hope it has x, y and z"
    3. Another flurry of excitement - "It's here, downloading now"
    4. Mass disappointment as it doesn't have x, y or z. Oh and it doesn't have w either, which everyone just assumed it would have these days.
    5. Acceptance that it is what it is and that it will be improved.
    6. Repeat when it is found that version 2 is coming out...

Yes, that's the reason why a nowadays always wait for video reviews. Those video reviewers (like Doug or Jakob) are really the persons that we cannot thank enough :)

Maybe nice if someone would write an article about hyped audio apps that went wrong or better never were anything but a hype. Skram and Fluxpad come to mind. Although the first one became eventually free, Fluxpad was for me an extremly overpriced children's toy.

• @Zen210507 said:

@kobamoto said:
    so does it have midi out?

>

Not yet.

I see a pattern

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

I only use Novation products because I think they are the best.

But, I think I have seen a Behringer Lpad knock off working on Launchpad app?

• edited June 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Thing is. I'm still waiting on updates for blocs wave for more than a year. Spent a ton to support them using their store to just be brushed aside again and again :/

>

AFAIK, continued development is anticipated. I agree that some things should already be there, and like you have invested in lots of IAP's for BW and Launchpad. But at the end of the day they are both really good and useful apps.

• @Dubbylabby said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

Yup I have a launchkey to use with launchpad and I will love Blocs remote control too. I see the point but in launchpad makes sense, in launchkey app replacement not so much IMO.

Let's give them a chance...

Right.

They have only given us some of the most prolific ios apps and midi devices to date.

I am not exactly thinking anything they do at this point will be less than quality.

I always said they are reverse engineering an ios "Ableton" of their own. Backing their way in from the grid system, to the loop library syncing and workflow and now onto the instruments.

I feel great about this coming app as things work towards some inevitable endgame they we will all benefit from.

Once Ableton use Akai for the PUSH controller I think this shit was on. (IMO)

We will only benefit as the products and ideas come forth.

Only positive vibes at this point from me.

• Looks lovely

Hope it doesn't have a sound toy feel like blocs

• @mannix said:

@brambos said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    Don't worry, mate... between U.S.A and Spain there is enough water to avoid a the need for a wall lol

Fellow-Euro here! I'm from the Netherlands. Actually just signed up for a long-overdue Spanish course. One of my favorite world-languages (and a lot more useful than Dutch ;) )

Back on-topic! B)

Quite bizar, but it seems that they speak Dutch in South Africa and Sri Lanka :)

Well in Balearic islands (Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca...) Dutch is a must.

• @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@d4d0ug said:

I only use Novation products because I think they are the best.

But, I think I have seen a Behringer Lpad knock off working on Launchpad app?

+1

• @Beathoven said:
    Is this the beginning of a new challenger to Gadget? The few photos suggest maybe.

Would be cool to go against gadget with affordable add ons while keeping tight design unlike caustic

• The behringer knock off works fine with the Launchpad app, but doesn't seem to work with any of the other apps that claim launchpad compatibility (mind you I don't know if they do work with the genuine article either).

• But I'm hoping this can create tracks, not just loops to feed their other apps....

• .> @Love3quency said:

But I'm hoping this can create tracks, not just loops to feed their other apps....

^ +1

• @Love3quency said:
    But I'm hoping this can create tracks, not just loops to feed their other apps....

>

Yes, of course, you can create stuff using multiple instances of modules, and swipe them on or off as required, several at a time. Also, bear in mind this is v1. Think how much and how fast Blocs Wave developed.

• I'm curious if it even has been submitted. I guess they'd share more info if it was under review

• @Zen210507 said:

@Love3quency said:

>

Yes, of course, you can create stuff using multiple instances of modules, and swipe them on or off as required, several at a time. Also, bear in mind this is v1. Think how much and how fast Blocs Wave developed.

Blocs Wave is very cool and I use it everyday... But it still is a simple toy to sketch ideas, not much more IMO... Every one seems to find awesome that there has been many updates, but many updates does not mean a lot of évolutions. And it seems to me that we are very far from what could be built on Blocks Wave idea (either by adding functionalities to build full songs, or at least by making it usable as an AU in other DAWs...)... Just my opinion

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Blocs Wave is very cool and I use it everyday... But it still is a simple toy to sketch ideas, not much more IMO... Every one seems to find awesome that there has been many updates, but many updates does not mean a lot of évolutions. And it seems to me that we are very far from what could be built on Blocks Wave idea (either by adding functionalities to build full songs, or at least by making it usable as an AU in other DAWs...)... Just my opinion

>

I agree that lots could still be done to progress the app, and AU would be great.

But it's more than a simple toy. A band I'm associated with recently produced an album using samples in BW as the basis, several other apps, added vocals, and put this together in Auria Pro, mastering with Fab Filters. This album, IMHO, sounds as good as anything in its genre, and better than most. And, of course, it's a reality.

So many times I've come across people running down this method of music making, or implying it's not as good as a proper trained musician. Often, they are right, but not always. One guy, running his mouth, called BW samples 'random crap' yet when challenged to provide a link to something as good or better than the one I posted, he went silent. The point being BW has empowered people to get on with the job, and actually make music.

• @5pinlink said:
    I thought they made it clear earlier that they ARE NOT Novation, they are some software developers that the owners of Novation (Focusrite) spun off in to its own company, in fact they have nothing at all to do with Novation other than both being owned by the same parent company (Focusrite)
    Is that not right ?

>

Okay, it's app developers whose works are advertised using Novation's name, obviously with agreement. Those apps are popular, reliable, well supported, kept up to date, and have been developed at a good pace. How's that?