Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App: Groovebox

Comments

• I do recall that a long time ago I sent an e-mail to Novation support asking for full editing features for the synthesis engine in the LaunchKey.app. Maybe this is my wish coming true :)
    (I've always liked the sound of the synth-engine in the LaunchKey.app).

• I just want another simple, fun music maker. If it's akin to Figure with just a few more bells and whistles that's great. Which is what it looks like to me

• Wasn't there a development team called Studio Amplify? Anything to do with KRFT? Rings a lot of bells. Probably Novation is putting their name on some sub developed ware.

• ^^ different cats

• don't call it a groove box

-LLcoolJ :D

• @kobamoto said:
    don't call it a groove box

:D

• @Samu said:

@kobamoto said:
    don't call it a groove box

:D

Perfect!

• edited June 2017

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/cl/991wnt8gvytv.png

Well, this pic looks like the iPhone is controlling the app on the iPad...
    Bluetooth tech?

• @db909 said:
    I just want another simple, fun music maker. If it's akin to Figure with just a few more bells and whistles that's great. Which is what it looks like to me

Ditto!

• just when I think I'm done buying apps :D

• Figure should of taken that approach a long time.

• @anickt said:
    Edgy bunch here... ;)

The nerds are restless. BM3 blueballs getting to them?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    just when I think I'm done buying apps :D

This one is free, right? I thought I read that somewhere in here...

• @kobamoto said:
    does it sample, does it edit samples, does it sequence samples, does it mangle samples, does it pan samples, does it organize samples, does it import samples via iTunes, does it allow audition of samples before importing, does it delete unnecessary samples, does it export samples?

YES PLEASE!! +1 :)

• @AudioGus said:

@anickt said:
    Edgy bunch here... ;)

The nerds are restless. BM3 blueballs getting to them?

:D :D :D

• edited June 2017

@Samu said:
    I do recall that a long time ago I sent an e-mail to Novation support asking for full editing features for the synthesis engine in the LaunchKey.app. Maybe this is my wish coming true :)

Yes, please -- I always liked that app too, especially because I have a Novation Launchkey-Mini keyboard and they are a perfect fit. It would be super great if the new app could interface with that keyboard like with the Launchkey app.

• Also...I wasn't the only one that misread the name at first....there is no "L" in ampifymusic.com
    LOL.

• edited June 2017

@TozBourne said:

@Samu said:
    I do recall that a long time ago I sent an e-mail to Novation support asking for full editing features for the synthesis engine in the LaunchKey.app. Maybe this is my wish coming true :)

Yes, please -- I always liked that app too, especially because I have a Novation Launchkey-Mini keyboard and they are a perfect fit. It would be super great if the new app could interface with that keyboard like with the Launchkey app.

It's Karma. I just re-downloaded the Launchkey app few minutes ago, before reading this thread. Good sign I hope.

• So, what time does Tomorrow begin?

• @supadom said:
    Wasn't there a development team called Studio Amplify? Anything to do with KRFT? Rings a lot of bells. Probably Novation is putting their name on some sub developed ware.

Um, no. Nothing to do with us.

• edited June 2017

Found some interesting screenshots while opening their page source.
    Also, google cache has an article from their blog cached about using Circuit with an iPad along with Launchpad app.

I think I'm gonna love these guys more and more (I already did for Blocswave)

Also.. Groovebox seems to have 3 instruments: a drum instrument, a RetroBass instrument and a Poly8. The UI Looks familiar with some vintage synths.

I'm guessing they'll let us use multiple instances of that Poly 8 :D

Anyway... looking like a Figure on steroids.
    And from the looks of it, you can use the phone as a midi keyboard to record notes on the iPad. That would be very very cool.

• I can see the global key change icon (à la Blocs) in the top right of the screenshots - that's good.

• Propellerheads IOS colour scheme!

• @supadom said:
    Propellerheads IOS colour scheme!

Looks like more election stuff.

• @RustiK said:
    How many people on this thread are associated with this so called Groovebox?

Me. :) As Novation have now made this public, I believe I can say that Groovebox is what I've been testing. It's a really cool three element app; Drums, bass and synth modules. IAP packs for extra sounds and complete control over modules. Novation has lots of developement planned for this, which obviously is not up for discussion yet.

The app is a blast to use, and can be used to produce your own loops for Blocks Wave and Launchpad...or whatever they may be called.

• @MonzoPro said:

@db909 said:
    Screenshots look great. Definitely intrigued. Who can resist a new groovebox?

Me. I'm getting Skram flashbacks.

>

Happily, Mr Monzo, this is Novation, not just a bunch of chancers.

• BlocsWave will be AmpifyWave? I understood that it's the word Blocs which changes into Ampify...
    I recieved the mail but the link for appstore says "not avairable for your store atm" :disappointed:

• @alecsbuga said:
    I'm guessing they'll let us use multiple instances of that Poly 8 :D

>

You can use multiple instances of all three modules, which with the full control of IAP's, is about as much fun as you imagine.

• so does it have midi out?