Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New App: Groovebox

Comments

• Edgy bunch here... ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@db909 said:
    Screenshots look great. Definitely intrigued. Who can resist a new groovebox?

Me. I'm getting Skram flashbacks.

Pronounced with a silent R, of course ...

• Looks like the classic Novation Launch app has been fooling around :)
    Or at least I hope it's like that...

• I do wonder how many IAPs this app new will include, like one for loading user samples, one for export, one for synth editor, one for...

• @Samu said:
    I do wonder how many IAPs this app new will include, like one for loading user samples, one for export, one for synth editor, one for...

Looking at the photos so far, I don't see the usual shopping trolley IAP icon. That's not to say there aren't any IAPs or that some won't be added in the future.

• Please mind the gap....

• edited June 2017

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@db909 said:

But surely Novation/Blocs/Ampify/Whatever have a good track record of developing and updating Launchpad and Blocs Wave?

To clear this up the product Blocs Wave will stay as is, however, we have formed a new Sub-Brand that will be called 'Ampify'. We'll slowly release this as the app Groovebox comes out.

Also, just so everyone is aware of our story, we are an innovation team made up of a bunch of people from Focusrite/Novation. Focusrite (our parent company) decided to create our small innovation team 2 years ago to come up with new exciting stuff, as separate from the main hardware product groups. The idea is that this allows us to move quickly, and come up with new stuff, faster. Under our new Brand name, you'll see even more cool stuff come out.

Have faith though, that Focusrite & Novation hardware stuff will work awesomely with our apps :-)

// Matt

• @blocsxnovation Are you preparing some news because the 'globe' menu in Launchpad crashes every time I try to scroll past a point... (It's never done this before).

• :) We love you guys!!! And the dedicated team that stands by their word and products!

• edited June 2017

Domainname was registered 27 may, futher pretty vague

Domain Name: AMPIFYMUSIC.COM
    Registrar: MESH DIGITAL LIMITED
    Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1390
    Whois Server: whois.meshdigital.com
    Referral URL: http://www.meshdigital.com
    Name Server: NS-CLOUD-D1.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
    Name Server: NS-CLOUD-D2.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
    Name Server: NS-CLOUD-D3.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
    Name Server: NS-CLOUD-D4.GOOGLEDOMAINS.COM
    Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
    Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
    Updated Date: 11-jun-2017
    Creation Date: 27-may-2017
    Expiration Date: 27-may-2021

Geographical information
    Latitude : 52.9557
    Longitude : -1.172
    Geo Location address : Nottingham, J8 Nottingham, United Kingdom

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    :) We love you guys!!! And the dedicated team that stands by their word and products!

Here here

• edited June 2017

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@db909 said:

But surely Novation/Blocs/Ampify/Whatever have a good track record of developing and updating Launchpad and Blocs Wave?

I love Blocs, it's one of my favourite apps and the support has been excellent, so not in that sense. More of an 'all in one' thing, which I'm not actually a fan of. Since I have a mountain of excellent FX, synth, drum and recording apps, that can all be linked together via (Link), AUM and Audiobus (after all that's why we're all here...right?) - self contained apps like Auxy, Oscilab, Tabletop, iMPCPro, iMaschine, Skam, Figure, Gadget etc. etc. etc. tend to sit in the corner and not join in, unless they've grudgingly added audio or MIDI out, and even then you have to pester them for separate channel outs and they generally play up even then.

Being developed by the Blocs guys is a definite big tick, as it's sure to be superb quality and well supported. But since I'm not a 27 year old bearded hipster knocking out beats on the tube train, I just hope it's bringing something new to the table that multi app nuts like me can enjoy.

I'll still probably buy it though, so I don't feel left out.

• does it sample, does it edit samples, does it sequence samples, does it mangle samples, does it pan samples, does it organize samples, does it import samples via iTunes, does it allow audition of samples before importing, does it delete unnecessary samples, does it export samples?

• The missing dot... exciting wait!

• I don't think it's a sampling 'Groovebox'
    It looks like drums and synths only at the moment

• I'm thinking this a kind of a novation circuit app

• If this has the quality of launchpad and blocswave and is backed by the synth boffins a few doors down at Novation - it's probably going to be absolutely brilliant. Novation don't do duff synths. And we can all get it tomorrow- for a few quid. And we don't have months to wait. So jolly well done for that. I feel dizzy. I need to lie down.

• @robosardine said:
    I don't think it's a sampling 'Groovebox'

Why do you say that? From those images? Or are you seeing something else? That waveform in the pics gives me great hope! It would be kind of astonishing if BM3 was scooped by this app....

• edited June 2017

well if it's not then hopefully it will allow import of it's drums at least, with that and enough sequencing /fx mangle options could be fun.

made me think of auxy, I hope it doesn't do that again.

• midi out tells the truth about any app

• @Korakios said:
    I don't want to hear the word "soon" again for at least a decay

Lest you have a sustained attack and release yourself.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

• edited June 2017

@blocsxnovation said:

@Beathoven said:

@MonzoPro said:

@db909 said:

To clear this up the product Blocs Wave will stay as is, however, we have formed a new Sub-Brand that will be called 'Ampify'. We'll slowly release this as the app Groovebox comes out.

Any relation to this BeatPacer?

@BiancaNeve said:
    @blocsxnovation Just so you know, there is already a company called Ampify in the App Store with a music related app

http://ampifyllc.com/beatpacer/

BeatPacer - Your Music at Your Pace by Ampify LLC
    https://appsto.re/gb/pDUKdb.i

(Knew somebody must have caught that. Didn’t notice it in the second page…)
    Maybe it doesn’t matter, depending on which Trademark office deals with such things. But it’s indeed a case where there could be confusion, even if that other app uses another category.

• @anickt said:
    Edgy bunch here... ;)

You don’t say!
    If any developer wants to generate any kind of appetite for a music-related app, they just have to cue in one forum member with a screenshot showing “OSC 1”.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@robosardine said:
    I don't think it's a sampling 'Groovebox'

Why do you say that? From those images? Or are you seeing something else? That waveform in the pics gives me great hope! It would be kind of astonishing if BM3 was scooped by this app....

Just going on the description on that initial release where it describes 'a new beats and synth groovebox' that and the last actual groovebox (where Novation have perhaps borrowed the term from?- maybe it's a generic term now) released by Roland was the MC 808- which was described by them as a 'sampling groovebox'

• Seems like a strange decision to change the name since the team have built a very good reputation with updates and adding user requests.
    Hoping this will have integration with the launchpad hardware.

• If it's Electribe 2 Sampler in an IPad app I'm sold.

• edited June 2017

Looking good from here.

@blocsxnovation there's a typo in the "Blocks becomes..." section of the screenshot above. The url at the bottom says http://amp>M<ifymusic.com/ Just in case the email hasn't gone out everywhere yet!

• Snooping the source code a bit, looks like this will have a sharing/remixing component.

• In terms of sampling functionality, I'd assume Groovebox shares the same symbiotic relationship as the other Novation apps... that is, you can import samples from Blocs and export patterns to Launchpad. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.