Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midiflow- Basic Help!

OK so I just bought Midiflow. I will be using it in a live rig with a hardware controller but I generally do all my patch configurations away from my physical setup. So I downloaded Midi Studio to use as a software midi controller to test my Midiflow setups.

My problem is that no matter what I do I cannot get any midi date to flow from Midi Studio to Midiflow. I have tried a VERY basic setup:

Midi Studio configured to transmit all MIDI on Channel 1
"Wiksnet Midi Studio" as the channel source in Midiflow
Korg iM1 listening on Channel 3 (this is working both from OnSong and my hardware controller)
Modifier: Restrict Channel to: All
Modifier: Remap Channel to: 3

Midiflow does not see any midi data from Midi Studio
I tried using it as the source. I also tried configuring it as the input keyboard and using "Input keyboard" as the source

I am wondering if there is something basic I am missing here? I will confess to being pretty ignorant about Network MIDI vs Virtual MIDI vs whatever.

Can anyone tell me where this is going awry?

Comments

• I think your problem is with Midi Studio rather than midiflow.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I think your problem is with Midi Studio rather than midiflow.

Agreed. Can anyone recommend a software midi controller that is known to work correctly with Midiflow?

• And maybe apps who works with midiflow

• edited June 2017

MIDI Studio has a broken MIDI Out Port. You have to connect from its menu to your desired destination, not in the destinations' menu select its output port. Symptom of app-centric developer and testing view. Unfortunately not uncommon either (iMini and BM2 come to mind, though I haven't tested them for a while). To do that when connecting to. MidiFlow you will have to create a Virtual MIDI In port in MidiFlow. Which is one of its very handy but somewhat hidden virtues (right at the bottom of the input and output selectors).

I tend to use Little Midi Machine for testing MIDI flows, though I think it is about to die the 32 bit death. Midi Sequencer will probably replace it for this purpose.

• @dwarman said:

To do that when connecting to. MidiFlow you will have to create a Virtual MIDI In port in MidiFlow. Which is one of its very handy but somewhat hidden virtues (right at the bottom of the input and output selectors).

Ah thank you - this seems to have worked!

• OK, and when i want to connect hardware controller? I can assingn only midichannel to knobs and sliders

• Ya I as looking at this... and when I need to change it over to my hardware controller I would have to into every song and change all the input sources :/

• Use MidiFlow scenes. Also use MidiFlow remapping IAP to adapt messaging for unchanfeable hardware knobs. Takes a little bit to set up but works fine.