Reflections about a MIDI workflow
I am new to music on iOS and even music in general.
Based on the recommendations from this forum, i started with KORG Gadget.
Now, i have many more Apps, Synthesizer, DAWs, Instruments, Sequencer, etc.
More and more, i gravitate to a MIDI workflow:
1) I want to play things with an (virtual) instrument and record it as MIDI.
2) I want to create steps in a sequencer and save it as MIDI.
Then, i want to edit and play around with that MIDI, in a sequencer, in a DAW.
Finally, i want to create my Audio, mix and master it.
Now let´s go back to Gadget and all those Synths:
In such a workflow, i would need to use Gadget as IAA in my DAW, or feed it MIDI and record it's Audio to finally render Audio tracks.
But Gadget can only be started once, as any IAA Apps that is not AU-capable.
The same goes for any other Synth ...
Also, Gadget is not timeline oriented like a DAW, which makes it difficult to exchange MIDI tracks between them.
So, it seems that I need to
1) do things track by track, or
2) with as much different Synths i can use, or
3) directly drop any and all of those Synths incl. Gadget and just use a DAW with it´s internal sound and any AU that i have.
This last approach seems to be much more easy and fast.
I only now start to realize this.
Do i misunderstand something?
How would you handle this situation?