Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The American Highway Suite - Darklands and Strange Days (another new album from Doug and Colin)

The American Highway Suite - Darklands and Strange Days. New album from Doug Woods and Colin Powell.

A musical celebration of the darker, stranger side of America featuring a mix of Electronic Music and Prog Rock. An American road trip album with a difference.

https://dougwoodsandcolinpowell.bandcamp.com/album/the-american-highway-suite-darklands-and-strange-days

Comments

• Just listened to the first two tracks...brilliant! Can't hardly wait to listen to the whole album; probably won't be till tonight but that gives me something to really look forward to.

• As a follow up (and bump) I listened to the whole album the other night and it is fantastic. I like all of the pieces but the longer ones (They Came from Somewhere...and I Saw a Ghost...) are really epic. A bit surprised no one else commented in this thread, and I'm curious if any others here like this album as much as I do?

• @TozBourne said:
    As a follow up (and bump) I listened to the whole album the other night and it is fantastic. I like all of the pieces but the longer ones (They Came from Somewhere...and I Saw a Ghost...) are really epic. A bit surprised no one else commented in this thread, and I'm curious if any others here like this album as much as I do?

I like it too ;)

• Just finished listening to Strange Days ... Very nice, a bit different for you guys. In addition to grooving to the song as a whole, I really like the drum sounds - quality, composition and how prominent they are in the mix. Are those stock Cubasis drums or an app or ...?

Hope to pick up the whole shebang soon :sunglasses:

• @eustressor said:
    Just finished listening to Strange Days ... Very nice, a bit different for you guys. In addition to grooving to the song as a whole, I really like the drum sounds - quality, composition and how prominent they are in the mix. Are those stock Cubasis drums or an app or ...?

All of the drum programming, bass guitar and keyboards for Strange Days were produced and mixed in Reason, then sent to Colin who I'm guessing added it all to Cubasis for the guitar parts and mastering

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@eustressor said:
    Just finished listening to Strange Days ... Very nice, a bit different for you guys. In addition to grooving to the song as a whole, I really like the drum sounds - quality, composition and how prominent they are in the mix. Are those stock Cubasis drums or an app or ...?

All of the drum programming, bass guitar and keyboards for Strange Days were produced and mixed in Reason, then sent to Colin who I'm guessing added it all to Cubasis for the guitar parts and mastering

Yes, I added the main guitars in Cubasis using Tonestack. The mixing etc. was actually made easier because of the quality of the sounds from Reason that Doug sent. I think Doug is actually a drummer as well as keyboard player so that may explain the excellent composition of the drums. My attempts at drum programming, keyboards and real bass playing as well as guitar can be heard on some of the other tracks. :smile:
    It was great fun making this album.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@eustressor said:

Yes, I added the main guitars in Cubasis using Tonestack. The mixing etc. was actually made easier because of the quality of the sounds from Reason that Doug sent. I think Doug is actually a drummer as well as keyboard player so that may explain the excellent composition of the drums. My attempts at drum programming, keyboards and real bass playing as well as guitar can be heard on some of the other tracks. :smile:

Those rich, creamy guitar tones from the intro and "verses" came out of ToneStack? Awesome, Colin. I need to spend some more time with that app. Still stubbornly unconvinced there is life after JamUp Pro ... and yeah, Doug can play a mean drum solo - while playing the keyboard, no less!

• @eustressor said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@eustressor said:

Those rich, creamy guitar tones from the intro and "verses" came out of ToneStack? Awesome, Colin. I need to spend some more time with that app. Still stubbornly unconvinced there is life after JamUp Pro ... and yeah, Doug can play a mean drum solo - while playing the keyboard, no less!

Ha..that video, a moment of complete madness I tell you ....madness

• @eustressor said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@eustressor said:

No @eustressor the intro guitar riff is Doug, probably in Reason but it was originally composed in Beathawk as one of his tutorials using the Mello soundpack . The solo guitars are me using Tonestack (but Jamup Pro is still my favourite overall!)

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

@eustressor said:

@AlterEgo_UK said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@eustressor said:

No @eustressor the intro guitar riff is Doug, probably in Reason but it was originally composed in Beathawk as one of his tutorials using the Mello soundpack . The solo guitars are me using Tonestack (but Jamup Pro is still my favourite overall!)

Yeah, something about JamUp and those hot-rodded amps from Bias Amp and the Tone Cloud. Can't let go of it just yet!

Well, thank you both for sharing - now that I've got some good liner notes, I think I need to go get the album :sunglasses: