Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new app Virsyn Harmony eight

Comments

• I don't know why I don't just set up a direct debit to VirSyn

• Virsyn = instabuy. Off to play :)

• edited June 2017

Oh yes, this will be fun. :) Errr, and it is fun, but why no AB3 compatibility? App Store says AB2.

EDIT

Not happy. Description says this is AU, but it's invisible as AU to Garage Band and AUM. It is also invisible to AUM as IAA.

VirSyn, teething problems are one thing, but for fuck's sake, the above should've been tested.

• Is it easy to get this in tune? Everything sounds a bit off so I'm not sure I'd really use it

• MIDI learn?

• @Zen210507 said:
    Oh yes, this will be fun. :) Errr, and it is fun, but why no AB3 compatibility? App Store says AB2.

EDIT

Not happy. Description says this is AU, but it's invisible as AU to Garage Band and AUM. It is also invisible to AUM as IAA.

VirSyn, teething problems are one thing, but for fuck's sake, the above should've been tested.

Playing nicely in AB3 and as AU

• @Jocphone said:
    I don't know why I don't just set up a direct debit to VirSyn

Amen.

• Here's the App Store link for Harmony Eight by VirSyn.

• OMG are you kidding me

• working good here in ab3 and aum and as Au loving this thing

• Seems like it really alters the sound of the source material run through it, even with all the processing shut off and just the original signal enabled, although I certainly may be missing something settings-wise here. I'm running Funk Drummer through it in AB.
    This would make it less useful (at least to me) in AB, but you could still use it as a parallel effect in AUM and keep the clearer and more dynamic direct signal in the mix.
    Anyone else notice this?

• Looks like a beefed-up version of the Echo Pitch app with bells on it.

Bet this sounds good with a guitar going through it...

• edited June 2017

@Zen210507 the app does have AU, it's an effect.

@yowza you can adjust the tuning for each of the eight voices relative to each other.
    @Korakios yes it has MIDI learn for all of the harmony and effects in the IAA version. For harmony this includes toggling voice on/off, delay, dry/wet mix, front/back, left/right, male/female, regen, shift, cents, output level (all per voice) and their corresponding input parameters.

• @InfoCheck said:

@yowza you can adjust the tuning for each of the eight voices relative to each other.

Thanks I saw that in the video but everything still sounds slightly out of tune

• @yowza said:

@InfoCheck said:

You take a mono source sound and then for each voice you set the shift. If it seems out of tune to you, you adjust the cents setting to correct this.

• What's the difference between 'loop delay' and 'voice delay', and why does the first one only have a wet/dry slider?

• @InfoCheck said:
    @Korakios yes it has MIDI learn for all of the harmony and effects in the IAA version. For harmony this includes toggling voice on/off, delay, dry/wet mix, front/back, left/right, male/female, regen, shift, cents, output level (all per voice) and their corresponding input parameters.

Thank you for the detailed info!

My first thought is feeding some drum loops for experimental stuff.....although I think it's best suited for other instruments .

• Hmm ... no mention of scales under the app description, even thought the demo shows major vs. minor ... I wonder if you an set scales for vocal or guitar harmonies?

• Oh god, this looks horrendously good!

Anyone who's picked this up got any insight into creative uses besides the usual harmonisation?

• @eustressor said:
    Hmm ... no mention of scales under the app description, even thought the demo shows major vs. minor ... I wonder if you an set scales for vocal or guitar harmonies?

Well , it would be very easy to make custom presets with different pitch on each delay. Bundled in factory presets would be better.

I suppose you don't mean setting the slider to a scale ?

• @Korakios said:

@eustressor said:
    Hmm ... no mention of scales under the app description, even thought the demo shows major vs. minor ... I wonder if you an set scales for vocal or guitar harmonies?

Well , it would be very easy to make custom presets with different pitch on each delay. Bundled in factory presets would be better.

Actually, yeah, like select Am and it gives you nothing but Am intervals. I tend to be a set it and forget it kind of guy when it comes to effects :wink:

• @eustressor said:

@Korakios said:

@eustressor said:

Actually, yeah, like select Am and it gives you nothing but Am intervals. I tend to be a set it and forget it kind of guy when it comes to effects :wink:

Oh, VirSyn developer(s) are actually listening and I won't be surprised if it's implemented in next updates

• edited June 2017

Another question:

Can you adjust the amount of feedback/repeats per voice or do they just repeat once - or is this what the 'regen' option does?

I nearly bought the Echo Pitch app, but wasn't keen on the UI. But I'd like a delay for guitar that has multiple, pitched repeats, and this looks close - as long as I can haver control over the number of repeats/echo's per voice. The harmoniser would be useful for vocals too.

Anyone?

• @yowza said:

@InfoCheck said:

It's very digital sounding, but that's kind of to be expected. You just want to make sure than not everything sounds like a barbershop quartet in an echo chamber.

• I've used harmony processors more of tool than an effect. The one in my Digitech Studio Quad rack effect & a few others in apps I've used are pretty much a lazy harmony pre production device.

Meaning if I want to do a vocal pad or harmony line instead of recording take after take with the alternate options & notes,p to find what I want I'll just set up the harmony processor to add one harmony which I can then adjust as I sing/play the main melody. I just go through some possibilities, a third, flat seventh, even strange non scale tones, until I hear the part I like.

I then record the vocal/Instrument doing that harmony part I sussed out with the processor. This could be used in that way as a tool or if the harmony processor is good enough, just record the harmony signal pricessed in app for the final part.

Looks cool, VirSyn always make great stuff.

• edited June 2017

@InfoCheck said:
    @Zen210507 the app does have AU, it's an effect.

>

InfoCheck. Yes, I realised that, but it!s not showing up in my list. IPad Air 2 with latest IOS. Will try a reboot, and see if that sorts it out.

• Someone call Bon Iver before he makes "23, a billion".

• @JRSIV said:
    I've used harmony processors more of tool than an effect. The one in my Digitech Studio Quad rack effect & a few others in apps I've used are pretty much a lazy harmony pre production device.

Meaning if I want to do a vocal pad or harmony line instead of recording take after take with the alternate options & notes,p to find what I want I'll just set up the harmony processor to add one harmony which I can then adjust as I sing/play the main melody. I just go through some possibilities, a third, flat seventh, even strange non scale tones, until I hear the part I like.

I then record the vocal/Instrument doing that harmony part I sussed out with the processor. This could be used in that way as a tool or if the harmony processor is good enough, just record the harmony signal pricessed in app for the final part.

This is how I'm thinking of using it—figuring out vocals on the road to speed things up back at the studio. Might have some other experimental uses as well. Ah, rationalizations.

• @aaronpc said:

@JRSIV said:
    I've used harmony processors more of tool than an effect. The one in my Digitech Studio Quad rack effect & a few others in apps I've used are pretty much a lazy harmony pre production device.

This is how I'm thinking of using it—figuring out vocals on the road to speed things up back at the studio. Might have some other experimental uses as well. Ah, rationalizations.

I hear you. I really have exhibited some self control lately- I resisted getting Mood and now this. I just have so many apps that don't get opened enough I'm really trying to slow down on buying every synth or AU that come along. It ain't easy...