Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Charity Album for Doug (thesoundtestroom) Woods

Just in case you are not on Facebook or aware of this, Candy Lozier and Martin Neuhold are putting together a compilation album of tracks from any musicians who wish to contribute (iOS or non-iOS), The proceeds of which will be sent to Doug Woods. It is a great chance to get your music heard by lots of people and also to help Doug. Here is the post from Candy Lozier:

A CALL OUT TO ALL MUSICAL FRIENDS!! AND SUPPORTERS!
Martin Neuhold and I are again working to help out a fellow artist! We are hoping you will join us in this benefit project! What we need from you, our musical friends, is your music, first of all. Then your help in getting out the word about the benefit! We thank you in advance for both.

Comments

• edited June 2017

Don't know why but not all of the post appeared. Hopefully this post is more successful:

Martin Neuhold and I are again working to help out a fellow artist! We are hoping you will join us in this benefit project! What we need from you, our musical friends, is your music, first of all. Then your help in getting out the word about the benefit! We thank you in advance for both.
    This benefit is for Doug Woods. I will provide you a link at the end of this post so that you can read first-hand of what he is experiencing and why he needs our help.
    We would like to make a compilation album consisting of unreleased tracks or those composed specifically for this project. The album will go up on the Studio 4632 benefit site. I designed this site to allow us to change the payee for each new benefit album we do! This way any monies donated to the project will be paid directly to Doug Woods.
    We are hoping that we can get $6 or more for the compilation album. I know that may seem like a lot but we're trying to help out a friend! And the music will no doubt be well worth it! That is a benefit! Or you may be able to donate directly to Doug.

So, to start things off, let's get some music!! We were thinking of 3 weeks to receive tracks. There is no restriction as to musical style. Track length up to 30 minutes. Original or unreleased material.
    Send tracks (wav or flac only please...no mp3s) to: [email protected]
    And thank you to Wolfgang Gsell for the album cover!

To read Doug Woods story: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19138/thesoundtestroom-please-help-me-and-let-me-explain-why

Any questions are other input please message me. Thanks all!!

Now let's do what we do best!! Help out our fellow humans and bring a little bit of brightness to this world! :smile:

• This is brilliant and was a complete shock to me when Martin told me about it, so please donate atrack for the album, it should be a great showcase for the music too

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    This is brilliant and was a complete shock to me when Martin told me about it, so please donate atrack for the album, it should be a great showcase for the music too

Im all in for you sir were do we go to submit

• Great idea, I'd be happy to donate a track, the only question is whether you'd want it....

• @Shazamm said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    This is brilliant and was a complete shock to me when Martin told me about it, so please donate atrack for the album, it should be a great showcase for the music too

Im all in for you sir were do we go to submit

We were thinking of 3 weeks to receive tracks. There is no restriction as to musical style. Track length up to 30 minutes. Original or unreleased material.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Great idea, I'd be happy to donate a track, the only question is whether you'd want it....

If you are happy to donate a track I am sure Candy will be glad to add it to the album! :)

• This is just gorgeous gorgeousity. The love for Doug on display here is clear as an unmuddied lake - I just submitted a special "Lovely Jubbly" remix of "No Loss" - based very much on feedback so many generous folks here in the forums recently shared - just for this record. So, y'know, collectors edition - everyone HAS to buy it now, right?

Haha, I said "record." Think there might be a vinyl special edition available, with a side A and side B? I'd be happy to help with album art - maybe a collage of all the donators for the gatefold? :wink:

But I jabber ... Muchos gracias to Martin, Candy, and our own mighty @AlterEgo_UK for making this happen!

• Will get busy on this. Someone should also ask Bootsy if he would mind 'Our Job' being used, as that is magnificent.

• Another way to help out Doug is a very good thing. So they are looking for unreleased material; I just released a new album so I don't really have anything just yet. However, I like the idea of the challenge to come up with something within 3 weeks. It's nice to have a goal, and I'll see what I can do. I'm hoping this will be a big success filled with all kinds of tunes containing a wide variety of styles and genres.

• Hi @TozBourne I think as long as it is original it can be a previously released or an unreleased track.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Don't know why but not all of the post appeared. Hopefully this post is more successful:

This benefit is for Doug Woods. I will provide you a link at the end of this post so that you can read first-hand of what he is experiencing and why he needs our help.
    We would like to make a compilation album consisting of unreleased tracks or those composed specifically for this project. The album will go up on the Studio 4632 benefit site. I designed this site to allow us to change the payee for each new benefit album we do! This way any monies donated to the project will be paid directly to Doug Woods.
    We are hoping that we can get $6 or more for the compilation album. I know that may seem like a lot but we're trying to help out a friend! And the music will no doubt be well worth it! That is a benefit! Or you may be able to donate directly to Doug.

So, to start things off, let's get some music!! We were thinking of 3 weeks to receive tracks. There is no restriction as to musical style. Track length up to 30 minutes. Original or unreleased material.
    And thank you to Wolfgang Gsell for the album cover!

To read Doug Woods story: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19138/thesoundtestroom-please-help-me-and-let-me-explain-why

Any questions are other input please message me. Thanks all!!

Now let's do what we do best!! Help out our fellow humans and bring a little bit of brightness to this world! :smile:

I'm in....... Is there a DropBox, or weTransfer link to send them a track?....

• You send your track, Flac or Wave to Candy here

[email protected]

Just use your Dropbox to send your track or whatever you normally use.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    You send your track, Flac or Wave to Candy here

[email protected]

Just use your Dropbox to send your track or whatever you normally use.

Thanks Doug.

• edited June 2017

Totally! I might send 2 :p

• Great idea! Track on the way........as soon as I can choose which one :)

• I'm in. Let's shoot for a four disc box set.

• edited June 2017

Be aware, people, that many ISP's still impose a limit of 20mb on attachments.

So for larger FLAC or WAV files, it has to be via Gmail and Google Drive, Dropbox or similar cloud based service.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Be aware, people, that many ISP's still impose a limit of 20mb on attachments.

So for larger FLAC or WAV files, it has to be via Gmail and Google Drive, Dropbox or similar cloud based service.

You are very correct........Sorry for the "Plugging" boys, but weTransfer is almost flawless, but once you send it, will not compress any files, & your allowed up to 2gb freeI think? But it will only be saved in there cloud for a week before that file attachment is removed(it's for other people who want to use it) I had to do this for Trax Records. Trax Records wouldn't entertain Fuck Box(...... Ahem!........ I mean Drop Box.........also Defected Records won't use Drop Box)..... When I was dealing with 71rec label, Drop Box was a frigging nightmare to deal with(not the record label, by the way)........ They (71rec)were good as gold. Also, another thing about weTransfer, is that once you have sent your file, you would get an email, letting you know that it has been received...... So you have proof that you have sent it.
    Anyway, I'm sure someone will say something different? ;)

• Yes, WeTransfer is great @studs1966 . I often use that to transfer music and other large files. It is quick, easy, free and you get to know when your files have been downloaded! :smile:

• edited June 2017

Will remember WeTransfer for possible future use. On this occasion, Google Drive has sufficed and I've heard that the track has been received, :)

• What kind of tracks are people contributing? Ours is a future soul commentary on fake news. Musically, the track's nearest influence is Massive Attack.

• edited June 2017

Great idea. I will send some tracks too.
    Unreleased? So most of my stuff is unreleased but i will compose something new for this.
    Are there some special rules? How many tracks could /should we provide?

• edited June 2017

We were thinking of 3 weeks to receive tracks. There is no restriction as to musical style. Track length up to 30 minutes. Original or unreleased material.

I would think a single track from each artist would be expected as there are likely to be many contributing artists. :smile:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:

I would think a single track from each artist would be expected as there are likely to be many contributing artists. :smile:

Makes sense. A single track is great. So i can focus the next 2 weeks or so to compose a track for this. Doug deserves it. ;)

• Not only will this project help our friend, Doug. It will also be really interesting to hear what variety of music peeps here come out with.

I'd expect many contributors to be music only, 'cause that is what turns up here most often. Personally, while appreciating the musicianship of such pieces, I'm more intrigued by tracks with lyrics. Especially those that have something to say, or tell an individual story.

Also, there will inevitably be two sides; contributions from trained musicians, and contributions from sonic dabblers. Both equally valid and creative, just with different approaches. I bet that Doug will find it fascinating.

• The responce for this has been nothing short of epic, I asked Martin if it was if I sent a track in and he said yeah that would be cool, so I composed a track track just for this project and sent it to Candy the other day, it's very very different from my normal stuff so that should be fun to listen too

• Nice one, Doug. :) We will all be interested to hear what you make of our efforts. And what we make of each other's works, of course.

• Done! I hope it helps you loads Doug! I so wish I could have sent you some $$ but being on disability I just could not afford to. I really wanted to do something to help out though and this project was a perfect chance to give back a little bit and just say a huge thank you for all the joy your vids have brought me and how much I have learned from you musically being the iOS music noob I am. God Bless you Doug on speedy recoveries and robust strong health for you very soon. Also, hoping for a permanent cure for all of your ailments, that is my sincerest wish for you. Rock on brother! Cheers from Canada, Susan

• Oh cool beans Doug, looking forward to your track!