Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRFT midi is here!

Great! I was keeping several dollars in my iTunes account expecting to pay for an Iap for midi out... but it's free!

Comments

• Sweetness!

• Destiny fullfilled.

All praise KRFT.

• Just a quick play sending midi to DRC and TF8 worked well! I expected it'd be awesome and so far it is.

• @AudioGus said:
    Destiny fullfilled.

All praise KRFT.

Share your surface with the Egoist CC's set up?

• Full-on AB3 Midi input support!!! B) <3 :D o:)

• edited June 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    Destiny fullfilled.

All praise KRFT.

Done! You will need to do some midi learn on the egoist end, mainly for the pitch transpose parts, but the main slice and pattern triggering should work with just the midi conenction.

• Enjoy guys!

We put a lot of effort into a bunch of tutorial videos for this release. They're available on our YouTube and on this page => http://studioamplify.com/krft-videos

• @wim said:
    Full-on AB3 Midi input support!!! B) <3 :D o:)

Oh my gosh! This thing is crazy good. I've just downloaded it on my iPhone. Just lost two hours on my lunch break. Great with the brambos AU apps. And midi flow modifiers.
    Any tricks and tips. Am I right in thinking morph modifiers can modulate cc parameters.

• Very good to see a new kid on the block developer doing exactly what they promised. KRFT is like the anti-Scram; it does what it says on the tin, and more! This is the way to build a loyal and enthusiastic following.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awesome!

• Super fantastic

• Wonderful, one of the best apps on the store.

• edited June 2017

Saw tutorial videos. Bought app. Now if only you guys had multi audio outs. @Alex fox Would love to have seperate audio outs to ableton or AUM.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    Destiny fullfilled.

All praise KRFT.

Done! You will need to do some midi learn on the egoist end, mainly for the pitch transpose parts, but the main slice and pattern triggering should work with just the midi conenction.

Grabbed it! Thanks a ton; you saved me the time and effort to get it wired up.

• @Alex fox said:
    Enjoy guys!

We put a lot of effort into a bunch of tutorial videos for this release. They're available on our YouTube and on this page => http://studioamplify.com/krft-videos

Hi Alex. Videos don't seem to be available on ipad Safari?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Alex fox said:
    Enjoy guys!

Hi Alex. Videos don't seem to be available on ipad Safari?

Weird, they are fine on my iPad. What version of iOS are you running?

• edited June 2017

@Alex fox said:

>

Not trying to be clever or pick holes, but have you seen the errors? On the first Midi tutorial, for example, the text displayed describes 'dials' as Dolls and Diamonds. There are lots more text errors. Might be confusing to those for whom English is not their first language.

• Ah ok, didn't realise the iOS would be an issue with playing Safari videos. Not encountered that before. Are you using some obscure new tech? ;)

iOS 7 on iPad4 didn't work.
    iOS 10 on Mini2 IS working.

Thanks. Congrats on release. Off to watch videos now.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Ah ok, didn't realise the iOS would be an issue with playing Safari videos. Not encountered that before. Are you using some obscure new tech? ;)

Thanks! Well, they update the javascript core library every iOS version so might be using something that it doesn't support!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Ah ok, didn't realise the iOS would be an issue with playing Safari videos. Not encountered that before. Are you using some obscure new tech? ;)

I just updated the website. I don't have an ios 7 device however - could you check to see if they're working now?! :)

• It's great with midi out, you can use it in so many ways. Even just as a lfo modulation source :)

• does anyone know of any videos showing sample import, and how they are used and played back within krft?

• I just gave KRFT my first ever App Store review, with Midi out it is now my favourite sequencer, although the KRFT synth is excellent in it's own right! :)

I am impressed at how well and quickly the developers have added new features to KRFT, it really is a breath of fresh air.

It would be great if we could also use our own samples in the drum machines, in general (nothing specific to KRFT at all) I find that any latency between apps is more apparent when using drum apps, so it would make sure everything was really tight and simple if I could just use the KRFT drum machines for all drum samples (I have a couple of the wave alchemy drum sample libraries waiting to unleash their full potential on iOS). Does that appeal to anyone else?

• @ZackDelta said:
    I just gave KRFT my first ever App Store review, with Midi out it is now my favourite sequencer, although the KRFT synth is excellent in it's own right! :)

I am impressed at how well and quickly the developers have added new features to KRFT, it really is a breath of fresh air.

It would be great if we could also use our own samples in the drum machines, in general (nothing specific to KRFT at all) I find that any latency between apps is more apparent when using drum apps, so it would make sure everything was really tight and simple if I could just use the KRFT drum machines for all drum samples (I have a couple of the wave alchemy drum sample libraries waiting to unleash their full potential on iOS). Does that appeal to anyone else?

Thanks for the review! It really means a lot for us! Importing your own samples to a drum kit certainly would be useful. I guess for now you could use another app + KRFT midi but I appreciate it's nice to use the internal sound engine.

• @Alex fox Great new additions, but all the new possibilities open the door to confusion or me. Labels on cells are helpful, but at this point I find myself wanting to add a more detailed note to them, within its settings panel, to remind me what is midi learned to what, etc.. I guess it's a knock on effect of my code-commenting habits, as I keep bugging the AB guys to add this feature, too (AUM has it). Thanks!

• Great overview on the midi setup
    Who Needs Lemur Now?

Way to nail it on the first release of MIDI support guys!

• @eross said:
    does anyone know of any videos showing sample import, and how they are used and played back within krft?

Its very basic and only normal looped mode is supported. You can import samples using audioshare, but the new midi out fixed a lot limitations triggering other apps. :)

• @Alex fox Way to go KRFT. MIDI: just what I've been waiting for. I appreciate what KRFT did, but the internal synth engine was not my cup of tea (or I didn't have patience to sculpt the sounds to my liking...either way, not a complaint). But with MIDI out, I am super excited to start using it more, and more. The app is such a neat package of function and fun...the only downside is the potential hours spent fiddling around inside it; which is really not a downside now that I think about it.

• @aaronpc said:
    @Alex fox Great new additions, but all the new possibilities open the door to confusion or me. Labels on cells are helpful, but at this point I find myself wanting to add a more detailed note to them, within its settings panel, to remind me what is midi learned to what, etc.. I guess it's a knock on effect of my code-commenting habits, as I keep bugging the AB guys to add this feature, too (AUM has it). Thanks!

Mmm yes, would love lil post it notes! Particularly for sharing midi setups with others