Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

8 days till iOS 7 Bah

Another 8 days

Comments

• Once more in this thread: please everyone update to the latest version of iOS 6 and then don't update to iOS 7 before you know that all your apps will be working. Just don't rush it.

• This is sage advice by one who knows! There are going to be things messed up that will take time to correct. Personally, I have no intention of jumping on the iOS7 train before it's gone a few rounds and has had an update or two. I'm excited about the possibilities, but I'm not going to be an early adopter.

• I think to update only my iPhone, and after my iPad that is my primary Music Machine.

• My plan is to first update my iPod to IOS7. I don't use it much now anyway. I'll hold off on ipad and see what happens.

• Is there a list of iOS7 ready music apps maybe? That would be very useful.

• Thanks Seb for the advice, my iPod 4 is now condemned to the scrap heap anyway it served me well glad I got a ipad 3 which will probably follow the same route sometime next year.

• edited September 2013

Any dev that might be reading, my iPhone 5 isn't my main "go to" device when making music, I'm using the iPad for that mostly. The iPad will stay on iOS 6. But are there any glaring bugs in iOS 7 we're not aware of as customers, and any "high profile" music apps that does not work yet at all? Or is it safe to jump on iOS 7 with the iPhone as long as I'm not using it as the go-to device?

• We can't talk about it, really. Just ask you friends who have already updated if it's ok to switch. I'm not switching to iOS 7 with any of my devices.

• edited September 2013

Yea no I know there's still the NDA. But my post wasn't aimed at any dev in specific, just anyone in general that is using iOS 7 now. But that said, I'll keep your last sentence in mind lol :)

• Thanks @Sebastian. Enough said.

• @sebastian. Your not updating to ios7 ever, or just not right away?

• edited September 2013

I believe Sebastian said waiting for 7.1 would be wise (in another thread), and others also mentioned the same thing basically so...

• I'll try it on iphone first.That's what i always do with universal apps before i install them on my ipad.

• I hope a lot of apps make the jump, i know a lot of ppl are hoping to get the ipad 5 and then ur stuck with ios7.

• @hansendesigns said "a lot of ppl are hoping to get the ipad 5 and then ur stuck with ios7"...great point. Didn't even dawn on me until you just said that...

• edited September 2013

In the end iOS 7 opens up alot for audio devs. So it's definitely going to be so much better then iOS 6 and earlier. It's just the initial 7.0 release people should be a bit "wary" about, that's my undertanding at least.

• And that totally makes sense really. I plan to do exactly what others on here have already said. New hotness will go to my iPhone5 on day one and I'll just live with whatever shortcomings might be there since it's a secondary (maybe even third-ary sometimes) device for making tunes. But my iPad will be staying on iOS6 until we get deep enough into the cave to know if the canary is going to die or not.

• That's the approach I'm taking as well.

• My ipad2 will stay with 6 until it dies.

If the mini2 has the A7 I'll grab it but suspect it will get the A6 and the ipad5 will get the 7.

Either way,..what I got works,..why change it?