Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which generativ drum app to get?

i'm looking for a generative drumming app. which one do you recommend?
jamming over programmed beats, importing own samples, Link are crucial.

Comments

• As far as I know, none of the 'generative' drummers have sample import.

• maybe i will trade sample import for midi out. anyone already uses Future Drummer on a regular basis?

• @dermichl said:
    maybe i will trade sample import for midi out. anyone already uses Future Drummer on a regular basis?

Yah, I dig it!

• But some do support midi out and can be used as a midi controller so you dont need sample import (DrumJam, Future Drummer, Patterning).

• edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2017

Generative ANY of Louis' DrumMachines. So far only FutureDrummer has midi out.

MIDI out and generative: DrumJam

You could also check out DifferentDrummer not generative but hell tweak one parameter and you got a whole new thing :)

• DrumJam is always a great bet. So much variety. You can easily mix and match unusual combinations.

• Different drummer?

• edited June 2017

@flo26 said:
    Different drummer?

Different Drummer by Techné Media
    https://appsto.re/us/

It's got midi out per drum voice/wave
    It uses waves to control everything (which can be switched to a more gridlike form - I often switch back and forth between grid and wave to change phrasing since they resolve the impulses of the waves differently)

Any in depth questions should be forwarded to @funjunkie27 :)

• Different Drummer also imports samples.

Also, patterning can be virtually generative depending on how you program the randomness and automation. It also imports samples.

• edited June 2017

WR6000 has 6 tracks for either synth or samples, with adjustable randomization per track, sample import unfortunately only via iFunbox, iMagix (I find this easiest for bulk import anyways, even for apps with AudioShare or Audiocopy import)

Very easy to develop interesting shifting grooves...

Ableton Link. Free to try...WR6000 by WEJAAM
    https://appsto.re/us/pM3E3.i

• edited June 2017

Drum Session can maybe fit the bill. I've not suffered from the crashes some complain of. Has Link, MIDI in/out, plenti of samples and raw material to create you own, esp. with MIDI in. Good stuff.

• DrumPerfect Pro has audio file import, but I have not tested that myself. Plenty of great stuff there too.

• Future Drummer does exactly what i was looking for!