Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This guy built his own "Fairlight" using an iPad 2

edited June 2017 in General App Discussion

Quite the DIY project.

imgur.com/a/lK6OU

Comments

• That's a pretty neat project!

• definitely - I use the same cheapo stylus, but untied, a must-have for that app. B)
    (btw it works much better on the iPad two surface than on following retina models)

• That is brilliant! I know probably in a few more years Air 2's will be in the same boat iPad 2's & 3's are in today, so this extending beyond the semi-obsolete dirt naps the senior iPad's​ appear to be facing is quite ingenious.

I don't think I would dedicate one to the Fairlight app but this project is really an eye opener.

• That is superb.

• the essential part missing is midi output
    (you can save content as a standard midi file and mail it for export)
    not sure if that counts as the feature appeared in version IIx for the first time, but it"s contained in the 30 year anniversary edition